IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Monster In My Pocket

BeaIank

Events Team · Posted

It is time to GET SPOOKY! October is upon us. SPOOOOKYYYY!

So to start this scary season, nothing better than an horrific game, Monster In My Pocket!
Since our players are scared shirtless, here's the rules already:

• 1 life only
  • 1 player only
  • Choose whichever character you want
  • Stage progress followed by high score is what determines your placing.
  • If you make to the final boss, take your picture at the start of the fight. Your run ends there.
  • Max score is 9,500. If you pass over it, your score is 9,490 and your run ends there.
  • In case of 9,490 points ties, progress will determine who wins.
  • If you hit exactly 9,500, you may proceed till the final boss without killing anything else... if you can.
  • Any score picture taken at the boss screen takes precedence over 9,500+ points scores. Reaching the boss is a sure way to secure a top 8 spot.
  • If you make to the final boss with 9,500, you earn the 1st place for this week. Several people can tie for 1st this week.
  • Participation: 500

The contest ends Sunday, 10/11/20 at 11 PM VGS time.  Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun.

590952193_SageMonsterInMyPocket.png.f3f0

• Like 4

• The topic was pinned
Events Team · Posted
1st bertsampson Clear 9500
1st Bearcat-Doug Clear 9500
1st Tablew/chairs Clear 9500
4th Richardhead Clear 9490
5th Jeevan Clear 7445
6th 8bitdontquit Clear 7310
7th 0xDEAFC0DE stage 6 8220
8th NESfiend stage 5 6060
9th Gaia Gensouki stage 5 5125
10th CMR stage 4 4840
11th mbd39 stage 4 2950
12th CasualCart stage 4 2430
13th PII stage 3 1545

11 minutes ago, bertsampson said:

I believe you as much as you believe that I have a better Pinbot score...

Well get your practice score up and let's see. Please note the no point racking rule. It seems you missed that during Contra Force week. Speaking of which, @Richardhead needs to post a score since Halloween week was his idea.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

32 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Hard shade getting thrown early. A score to break the tension. Never played this one before, but I like the controls so far. Kind of a weird mesh between castlevania and chip n Dale. 

Don't mind satan. He's cranky before his evening diaper change after he's had his prune juice. It's a messy situation.

3 hours ago, NESfiend said:

Hard shade getting thrown early. A score to break the tension. Never played this one before, but I like the controls so far. Kind of a weird mesh between castlevania and chip n Dale. 

Yeah it's like Castlevania/Ninja Gaiden crossed with Chip n Dale. Maybe some Panic Restaurant vibes as well. I'm enjoying it so far.

@guillavoie @BeaIank Are we supposed to take a picture at the beginning of (or during) the final boss fight? It looks like that's what @Richardhead and @bertsampson did. I took before and after pictures just in case I need to go with the score at the start of the boss fight. 

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

2 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

It's unusual for a game to have no special attack or any other weapons. I know you can pick up and throw things in this game, but I'm not sure that's even worth doing.

I think the key/bolt do double the damage, but it's a pain to try and carry it around through the entire stage.