IGNORED

31-Day Video Game Music Challenge II - Its Done

AverageOliver98

31 - Day Video Game Music Challenge III Planning: Post 1

Like last time, there are some categories that should, IMO, be brought over from Challenge 2 to 3. Those categories being:

• Title Screen - Day 1 or 2
  • Boss Battle - Halfway Point
  • Final Boss - Day 28 or 29
  • Credits/Ending/Epilogue - Day 30, Now just one category 

Current Number of Days Filled So Far: 4

As for more returning categories from Challenge #2 and even Challenge #1, I think there should be a limit of how many of old categories should be reused so once the "Days Filled" number reaches... 10 to 15(somewhere in there), the rest of the spots should be dedicated to new categories.

If any category can get at least... 3 votes in favor of it returning, it will be added to Challenge 3. If none reach 3 votes or multiple categories go over 3, the highest voted ones will be chosen instead. 

Also, you only get 5 votes per old Challenge categories (ie, pick 5 from Challenge 1 and 5 from Challenge 2)

Challenge 1 Leftovers

Licensed Game

Indie Game

Console Exclusive

Sad 

Hub/Overworld

Shoot'em Up (pick an FPS if need be) - 1 Vote

Puzzle - 1 Vote

Music You Like From a Game You Don't - 2 Votes

Music with Vocals - 1 Vote

Never Tiring

Racing

Frustration

Town/Village

Underrated - 2 Votes

Stuck in Head

Music that Gets You Pumped - 3 Votes

Music from a Game You Never Played - 3 Votes

Handheld

Nostalgic - 1 Vote

RPG Battle

Game Over

Opening Level

Challenge 2 Leftovers

Desert Area

Nintendo Exclusive

Game from Last Decade - 2 Votes

Jazz - 1 Vote

Underground Area

Indoor Area

8-Bit Music

Arranged, Covered, or Remixed - 1 Vote

Water Area

Funny/Hilarious

Awful/Hated Music

Sports Game

Victory/Stage Clear

16-Bit - 1 Vote

Sky Area

Arcade Game - 1 Vote

Music Using Samples/Heavily Inspired by/ Sounds Very Similar to Other Song - 2 Votes

Sega Exclusive - 1 Vote

Fighting Game

Ambient/Calming - 2 Votes

Industrial/Mechanical Area

32/64-Bit Era Music - 1 Vote

Techno - 1 Vote

Fire/Volcano Area

Scary/Startling

People who have voted so far: Sumez, ZeldaFreak, nesmaster14

Votes will be taken up until 11:59 PM (CST) on November 6th(this Friday).

I'll post the list of the previously unused/new categories on Wednesday along with some potential rule amendments and an idea called "The 12 Days of Mega Man X-Mas".

Edited by AverageOliver98
  • Like 1

Events Team · Posted

Glad that ending/epilogue is one day now, I thought separating those in to two days felt somewhat redundant.

As far as my votes go... hm...
In no particular order:

My votes for challenges I want to see return from Challenge 1:

Music You Like From a Game You Don't

Underrated

Music from a Game You Never Played

Music that Gets You Pumped

Nostalgic

My votes for challenges I want to see return from Challenge 2:

16-Bit

32/64-Bit Era Music

Game from Last Decade

Ambient/Calming

Arranged, Covered, or Remixed

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted

I will also say that we should have a "Festive" day or something similar for the next challenge, similar to the Spooky day on this one, since it'll likely be around Christmas. Sounds like 12 Days of Mega Man X-Mas might kind of fill that role though, depending on what it is.

• Like 1

Here's my vote so far for returning days:

Challenge 1:

• Underrated
  • Game Never Played
  • Vocals
  • Music That Gets You Pumped

Challenge 2:

• Samples/Inspired
  • Sega Exclusive
  • From Last Decade

My suggestions for new Challenge III days:

• Computer Game Music (anything pre-Steam) - This is a big category with lots of tunes and soundchips.  We've had some responses so far, mainly C64 stuff, an Atari 8-bit or two, and some DOS (mainly DOOM).  It'd be cool to have a day with just computer jams, there's a bunch of options ; )
  • Songs That Push System Hardware Limits (or music you think is impressive for the hardware)
  • Christmas/Holiday/Winter theme
  • Like 2

Events Helper · Posted

Start of my day 31 list, sorry its late, and I will have to finish it at a later date!!!!

Day 1(Title):  @0xDEAFC0DE Legend of Zelda  https://ocremix.org/remix/OCR03701

Day 2(Desert):  @Aguy Desert Strike https://ocremix.org/remix/OCR03701

Day 3(Nin.Exclusive):  @PII Journey to Silius https://ocremix.org/remix/OCR03701

Day 4(2010):  @Sumez  Shantae: Half Genie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5dmxW1edYc

Day 5(Jazz):  @koifish  Ultimate Chicken Horse https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apXUMA8SfG4

Work in Progress!!!!

• Like 2

• The title was changed to 31-Day Video Game Music Challenge II - Day 31-4
  • The title was changed to 31-Day Video Game Music Challenge II - Day 31-5

31 - Day Video Game Music Challenge III Planning: Post 2

New Categories

These were the categories leftover from making Challenge II:

• Unsettling/Creepy
  • Educational Games
  • Ice/Snow Themed Area
  • Unreleased/Scrapped/Prototype Music -  (Game was never officially released, Never put to use in-game, Different Arrangement from earlier in Development)
  • Menu/Stage Select
  • Mini/Bonus Game
  • Outer Space
  • Strange/Weird
  • Forest/Jungle/Swamp Area
  • Epic/Grand Music
  • Farming - (Simulation Games?)
  • Chaotic Music
  • Happy/Plucky Music
  • Defeating Music
  • Heavy Metal
  • Rock & Roll
  • Western
  • Heroic
  • Evil
  • PC Games - (Pre-Steam(2003)
  • Unlicensed Games
  • Ported/Reworked Music - (Mega Man I, III, and IV Gameboy, Super Mario All Stars, Ninja Gaiden Trilogy) 
  • Final Stage/Area
  • Dungeon 
  • Intro/Prologue - (Not Title Screen)
  • Cult Classics
  • Spin Offs
  • Remakes (Sonic Generations, Resident Evil 1, 2, 3, FF7 Remake)
  • Sewer Area
  • Ruins/Temple
  • The Great Outdoors
  • Name Entry/ High Score Screen
  • Grass Lands
  • Playstation Exclusive
  • Acapella

And these are ones that have been suggested/thought up over the past few days/weeks.

• Super/Secret Boss
  • Super Follin Bros. - (Music by Tim or Geoff Follin)
  • Saturday Morning - (Music from a Cartoon Licensed Game or inspired by Cartoons)
  • Mashup - (Music from a Video Game mixed with another song - Like this?)
  • SiivaGunner Remixes - (Example 1, Example 2)
  • Opera Music
  • Modern Retro - Music from Officially Licensed Games for Modern Platforms(7th Console Gen and Forward) with Clear Retro Influence (5th Console Gen and back)
  • Flying Over the Land - (Airship Themes)
  • Homebrew Games - New Original Games for Retro Hardware (Battle Kid, Little Medusa, Pier Solar)
  • Romhacks - Modified versions of existing games with different music (Rockman 4 Minus Infinity, one of the many Sonic hacks)
  • System Limit Pushing Music - (limited to Cartridge Based Hardware)
  • Video Game TV Show/Movie Themes - (Music from shows/movies that were based on Video Games)

If anyone has anymore, I'll add them to the list.

The way that these topics will be picked is through a randomizer. However, a vote will still be done to remove any topics that are redundant or you just don't think are that interesting. If any categories, get at least 3 votes, it will not be put in the randomizer (it may be saved for a future challenge though).

Voting for this will continue until Sunday (November 8th) at 11:59 PM CST.

Now onto Rule Adjustments (Would affect 3rd time participants only)

For anyone who would be participating for a 3rd time, the number of games that can be pulled from your Challenge 1 lists to be used on your Challenge 3 lists needs to be determined... would allowing all games used in Challenge 1 (minus those used in Challenge 2 depending on difficulty) be alright?

*'Feedback'/'Your help' for this would be EXTREMELY nice.*

"12 Days of Christmas" or "Some Holiday Related Event Thingy"

So the 31-VGMC 3 isn't happening until March 2021.... To make up for this, I want to do something in December. A 'potential' idea for this revolves around the song, "The Twelve Days of Christmas". 

What you would do is a combination of listing your 12 favorite video game songs(maybe trying to avoid picking all songs from the same game) over a period of 12 Days (from December 13th to the 24th) while also making your own version of "The 12 Days of Christmas" that some how incorporates the song you chose into the lyrics.

(Bad Example Incoming)

On the 3rd Day of Christmas, my ROB the Robot gave to me:

3 Yellow Lighters,

2 Intergalactic Gardens,

and A Poorly Programmed Game from Beam Soft.

Now you wouldn't have to necessarily have to pick your favorite video game tracks, you could also do it for your favorite game series or something similar.

Would you guys be interested in this? Or did you have something else in mind?

Thats all for now.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, AverageOliver98 said:

while also making your own version of "The 12 Days of Christmas" that some how incorporates the song you chose into the lyrics.

I'm completely unfamiliar with the original song, so I'm not sure how this works.

You basically just list something with a matching number from 12 to 1, and repeat it over and over again? Is there something like a verse or number of syllables you need to fit?

• Like 1

• The title was changed to 31-Day Video Game Music Challenge II - Day 31-6
9 hours ago, Sumez said:

I'm completely unfamiliar with the original song, so I'm not sure how this works.

You basically just list something with a matching number from 12 to 1, and repeat it over and over again? Is there something like a verse or number of syllables you need to fit?

This is pretty much how the song goes (Ray Conniff Version for Reference) :

On the First Day of Christmas, My True Love Sent to Me,
A Partridge in a Pear Tree.

On the Second Day of Christmas, My True Love Sent to Me,
2 Turtle Doves,
and A Partridge in a Pear Tree.

On the Third Day of Christmas, My True Love Sent to Me,
3 French Hens,
2 Turtle Doves,

*keep repeating/adding until Day 12*

On the Twelfth Day of Christmas, My True Love Sent to Me
12 Drummers Drumming,
11 Pipers Piping,
10 Lords a-Leaping,
9 Ladies Dancing,
8 Maids a-Milking,
7 Swans a-Swimming,
6 Geese a-Laying
5 Gold Rings,
4 Calling Birds,
3 French Hens,
2 Turtle Doves,

And that's it.

So the text in red is what gets changed to relate to your favorite song/game you have picked for that day. It doesn't have to fit the syllables unless you really want to go the extra mile (I'm also not against anyone making a recording of themselves singing their version).

And then with the green text, you can change it (if you want) to whoever/whatever you'd like. Also the "Sent" can be swapped out with "Gave".

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted
10 hours ago, Sumez said:

I'm kind of surprised you haven't heard the original song or some variation therein actually, I'm sure statistically a very large percentage of the population has heard that song at some point in their life, haha.

2 hours ago, ZeldaFreak said:

I'm kind of surprised you haven't heard the original song or some variation therein actually, I'm sure statistically a very large percentage of the population has heard that song at some point in their life, haha.

I don't think Sumez is from the US so maybe it's more of a US thing

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ZeldaFreak said:

I've heard it before. And I distinctly remember it being referenced in a classic Carl Barks comic which is where I know it from.

But I have absolutely no impression of its cultural role, or how it actually plays into christmas as a holiday. Or which 12 days it is referencing. 😛
I figured it was implied that making variations on it was somehow "a thing", which is definitely not something I have seen before.

I like the idea though, and I'm down for it.

Edited by Sumez
  • Like 2

• The title was changed to 31-Day Video Game Music Challenge II - Day 31-8

31 - Day Video Game Music Challenge III Planning: Post 3

Voting on the returning categories has come to a close and the returning categories are:

Music You Like From a Game You Don't Like

Underrated Music

Music That Gets You Pumped

Music From a Game That You Never Played

Game From the Last Decade

Music Using Samples/Heavily Inspired by/ Sounds Very Similar to Other Song

Ambient/Calming

Sega Exclusive*

*To make the number of reused categories even, all the 1 votes from the 2nd Challenge were put in the name picker and "Sega" was the end result.

Current Number of Days Filled So Far: 12

• Like 1

• The title was changed to 31-Day Video Game Music Challenge II - Day 31-Ongoing?
On 11/1/2020 at 3:12 PM, PII said:

DAY 31 LIST

I'm the resident slow kid.  This may take me a couple days..  ..weeks..

TITLE: @ZeldaFreak Opening - The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuI0ST9y8SA&feature=youtu.be     Really dig this, reminds me of "searching for friends" airship theme from FFVI as well as the track that replaced the Ewok song at the end of Return Of The Jedi back when it got revamped.  Runner up @Gaia Gensouki Pictionary - shockin' that this one would be so rockin'.

DESERT: @AverageOliver98 Scorching Dunes - Shantae and the Pirate's Curse        Wicked Coo, nuff said.

NINTENDO EXCLUSIVE: @Aguy  Winter Gold - Main Theme [SNES]       Joroen Tel Strikes Again.  Honorable Mention - @Sumez - Shadow of the ninja, stage 1.

LAST DECADE: @rdrunner Scott Pilgrim Vs the World, Stage 1 Boss       Possibly the best dance track so far.  2nd place - @koifish - Lethal League - Ordinary Days (Candyman Stage) 3rd - @ZeldaFreak Metallic Madness Zone Act 1 - Sonic Mania.  Half the entries on this one remind me of stuff I was dancing to in the 2000's....

JAZZ: @fox Gravity Rush - Pleasure Quarter   Definitely makes me wanna hang out there for an evening...             ......or a week.

UNDERGROUND: @AstralSoul Earthworm Jim 2 - Subterranean   Slightly reminiscent of "love is all that matters" by the "Human League", and reminds me of another song that I can't quite put my finger on, and it's probably going to bug me until I figure it out.  Mash-Up-Mention: @ZeldaFreak Underground Theme - New Super Mario Bros. Wii - Somebody needs to do a mash-up of this and Billie Jean.

INDOOR: @AverageOliver98Megaman X5 Laser Lab https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m42OInMFSqs @koifish Sin and punishment - Agave https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHg0tAlRUzQ  It's a tie.  Too close to call.

8-BIT: Too many goodies here, but @ZeldaFreak was preachin' to the choir with this one.  Bloody Tears - Castlevania II

REMIX: Another impossible call.  @rdrunner  The Adventures of Bayou Billy "El Lagarto", by Evil Horde  That Funk'da'fied Island rhythm is irresistible.  @AverageOliver98 Battle 2 - Final Fantasy Mystic Quest - Unstoppable Rock.

WATER: @ZeldaFreak Into the Unknown - Subnautica - Tough call.  So much potable water here...

FUNNY: @0xDEAFC0DE Undertale - Bonetrousle (Papyrus Battle Theme)... KAZOO'd! - Tsuko G.     Pretty hard to compete with the kazoo...  Commentary: Never heard the poo song before, I was expecting a scat solo... ;9 

AWFUL: And the award goes to (we'll call him/her the composer) who managed to ruin not one but at least 3 or 4 possibly decent tracks by recording them all simultaneously, YIKES!  Admittedly, it got interesting a couple of times.  I think just about everything else was far more annoying, but this one gets it for originality; YEEEASH!  @Sumez Evergrace - Buying Goods At Palmira    @Jeevan I just love to torment others with "The power of love" sped up 4x.  I like to see how many run-throughs I can do before I either botch the Delorean stage or inspire all others present to vanish...

SPORTS: @koifishI'm in the zone - NBA Hangtime Arcade https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8nY2cpHnZk

BOSS BATTLE: True Tie - @AstralSoul/ @Gaia Gensouki Final Fantasy Mystic Quest - Battle 2

VICTORY: @0xDEAFC0DE A Timely Victory - Lemonectric - Chrono Cross - A bit jangly but I am once again the choir being preached to here.

16-BIT: @nesmaster14 RASTER.RAD - By Void/Reality (DOS/OPL2/Ad Lib) - Rad-Ass-Fat-Synth-Bad-Ass-Ness !   #2 @AverageOliver98 - Seascape - Knuckles' Chaotix - Reminds me of when I used to have only radio in my car and this friend would always turn on the smooth jazz station and say things like "This would make a really great house track if you just sped it up a little." #3 @Aguy Top Gear - Circuit A - This one sounds like "Counting Stars" by "One Republic", also like "The Bad Touch" by "Bloodhound Gang."

SKY: @Aguy Pilotwings 64 - Birdman [N64] - Gonna go wit da slo-jam... cuz me an my Aeroplane would like few minutes alone, man; DAMN!...she's smoov.... ... if you know what I mean...

ARCADE: @Sumez Blazing Star - Ascenseur - Tré Groové.  Note of Interest: @rdrunner - Quartet, Main Theme - Never seen or heard of this before, def. makes me want to check it out.  Just before it loops it sounds like Van Halen, lol.  

SAMPLED/INSPIRED: @koifish https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Di7sPrkN6kI - Need for madness / Paninaro.  - Was not aware of this, glad I found it.  Arbitrary-Extra-Points: @ZeldaFreak for providing a mashup.  On a related note I am positively SHOCKED that no one, myself included, thought to post ROBO ASTLEY: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOeE06FUZL4  - so I'm posting it here for anyone unfortunate enough to have not heard it yet.

SEGA EXCLUSIVE: @AverageOliver98 Tidal Surge - Vectorman  - Tight, Glitchy Detroit Techno Sound - Love it!

FIGHTER: @0xDEAFC0DE Guiles Theme (from "street fighter 2") - ConSoul  -  Silver Medal goes to @fox Street Fighter III 3rd Strike - Jazzy NYC '99  Tough call - whoever can best swivel their hips to either of these is def. gonna be the fighting champ.

AMBIENT: @fox Secret of Evermore -Jungle 2 - Siding w/Nature on this one.

INDUSTRIAL AREA: @ZeldaFreak Nuts & Bolts - Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!  Kinda surprising really.  Still don't know why I never played any of these after thoroughly enjoying the first one...

32-BIT/64-BIT: @rdrunner Blast Corps (N64), Simian Acres/Beeton Tracks - Lol, I would totally attend this square dance.

TECHNO: @AverageOliver98 Laboratory - Shantae and the Seven Sirens - As tight and slick as it gets. 

FIRE: @fox Super Mario Galaxy - Melty Molten Galaxy - Of course.

SCARY: @Gaia Gensouki Silent Hill - My Heaven - Akira Yamaoka - No contest, just lay back and close your eyes while Satan himself takes up dentistry and forcibly inserts his double-dong-drill-of-dismemberment into your waiting-pink-poon-pouter....  Yikes.

FINAL BOSS: @AverageOliver98 Immortal Abstract - Devil Engine - There's just a tiny sense of finality that I detected in this one.  Smooth numero duce goes to @fox Streets of Rage 4 - Next of Kin

ENDING/EPILOGUE: @Sumez Gravity Rush - Douse Shinundakara - Not too many wrap ups like this one.

CREDITS: @Sumez Chrono Trigger - Outskirts of Time - #II - @AverageOliver98 Stand Up Against Myself - Thunder Force IV - Probably the first time I picked a downbeat tune over a banger...

Finally finished the Day 31 List.

• Like 3

• The title was changed to 31-Day Video Game Music Challenge II - Its Done
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/1/2020 at 1:53 AM, 0xDEAFC0DE said:

Life is still busy, so I might not be able to finish my day 31 list until next weekend, but I'll get there eventually.

Lol, it took a lot longer than next weekend, but I did get there eventually.

Day 1 (Title music): Pictionary - Title Theme - Tim Follin (Gaia Gensouki), got to love that Tim Follin. Honorable mention: Buck Bumble - Title Screen (fox) I very nearly picked this one. It's so stupid which is what makes it so great

Day 2 (Desert area): Uncharted 3 - The Rub' Al Khali (fox), I had to find a new link since it looks like the old one was taken down. Anyway, I love the large symphonic feeling from this track.

Day 3 (Nintendo): Shadow of the Ninja - Stage 1 (Sumez), a lovely Natsume song that I don't think I've heard before.

Day 4 (2010s): Borderlands 2 - Short Change Hero - The Heavy (Jeevan), I normally don't care much for licensed music, but I did enjoy this one. Fun Fact: I worked on Borderlands 3, but still haven't played any of them.

Day 5 (Jazz): The Neverhood - Klaymen Shuffle (Sumez), I don't know what it is about this song, but it really does it for me despite how simple it is. I'd hardly heard of this game until someone picked a track on it during the first monthly challenge which I also loved. I should probably play this game at some point to listen to the rest of the tracks. Honorable mention: Gravity Rush - Pleasure Quarter (fox) I came very close to picking this one. It's a very good one, but the bizarreness of the Neverhood song barely edged this one out, Mario Kart 8 - Dolphin Shoals - Shiho Fujii, Atsuko Asahi, Ryo Nagamatsu, Yasuaki Iwata (Gaia Gensouki) a really solid track that made my month 1 list

Day 6 (Underground area): StarTropics - Dungeon Theme (koifish), I've always loved this one. Still haven't played it though. I think it's on my backlog list, so I'll try to beat it this year.

Day 7 (Indoor area): Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019) - House (AstralSoul), This one was hard to narrow down as there were a lot of good tracks. I the end I had to go with LA. Honorable mention: The Bugs Bunny Crazy Castle - Building [NES] (Aguy) I beat this game recently and had a lot of fun with it, Little Nemo the Dream Master (NES) - Nemo's House (rdrunner) not my favorite from the soundtrack, but still a good one

Day 8 (8-bit): Gauntlet III - Title Music [C64] (Aguy), Another very competitive category as I would expect. I ended up picking this one because I don't remember hearing it before. It's a very good Tim Follin track, although I wish there was a little more there as the core of the track seems a bit short. Honorable mention: Bloody Tears - Castlevania II (ZeldaFreak) I had this as an honorable mention in my month 1 8-bit category, so I felt it unfair to pick it, Mega Man 2 - Dr. Wily's Castle (Jeevan) again this was an honorable mention in my month 1 8-bit category, Silver Surfer - BGM1 (PII) another Tim Follin song although it didn't make my other honorable mention it was probably close

Day 9 (Remix): The Adventures of Bayou Billy "El Lagarto", by Evil Horde (rdrunner), I wasn't familiar with the source material, but like it just the same. Honorable mention: Snow Bros - Go Blow Snow For A Year - Story (koifish) another one that I hadn't heard the original track

Day 10 (Water area): Blaster Master (NES) - Area 5 (rdrunner)I've always like Blaster Master's music and this level is no exception.

Day 11 (Funny): Chu Chu Polka - Sexy Parodius (AverageOliver98), Wat! Castlevania to a classic German Polka with wacky instrumentation. What a weird thing. I love it. Honorable mention: Disgaea - You Go Girl - Tenpei Sato (Gaia Gensouki) I like this song better than my pick, but I don't know the context for why it's funny.

Day 12 (Awful): Manic Miner - Title Theme (koifish), if the goal of this category was to be the most awful then this takes the cake for me. I almost don't want to count this since the ZX spectrum had like no audio hardware, but someone in the YT comments brought up a good point, "It sounds almost like it can be decent, but some of it refuses to be." You didn't link the loading music, but I remembered (although I assume it's just data and not actual music). Honorable mention: Mappy Medley - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (ZeldaFreak) if the goal of my pick was to choose the best song anyone listed, then this by far wins. I don't understand what's not to love about Mappy :-P, 

Day 13 (Sports): John Madden Football '92 - Title Theme (fox), This is definitely not the music I would expect from a Madden game, but I love it. Honorable mention: Main Theme - ARMS (ZeldaFreak) Nintendo's big band songs are always great

Day 14 (Boss): Octopath Traveller - Battle At Journey's End (Sumez), a nice big orchestral track. Honorable mention: Super Robot Taisen: Original Generation (GBA) - Trombe! (koifish) I normally don't like GBA music, but I quite enjoyed this song

Day 15 (Victory): End of Chapter - Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (AverageOliver98), This is my nostalgia coming out here.

Day 16 (16-bit): Top Gear - Circuit A [SNES] (Aguy), so I've heard this song before, but I never knew what game it was from. I really like it though. Honorable mention: Castlevania Rondo of Blood - Bloody Tears (fox) again, Bloody Tears is DQ as I've used it on my previous list, but still great

Day 17 (Sky): Etrian Odyssey IV - The Land Beyond The Clouds (Sumez), another great orchestral masterpiece.

Day 18 (Arcade): Street Fighter II - Ken's Stage - Yoko Shimomura, Isao Abe (Gaia Gensouki), . Honorable mention: ? (Jeevan) 😏

Day 19 (Samples): Vib-Ribbon - Universal Dance (fox), I love the music from Vib-Ribbon. Add it to the list of games I need to play. Honorable mention: Luxurious Overture - Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (AverageOliver98) I very nearly chose this one, Doom - E1M1 (Jeevan) it's on my month 1 list

Day 20 (Sega): Space Harrier - Main Theme (koifish), gotta go with a classic. Honorable mention: Segagaga - The Singing Alarm (Dreamcast [JP], 2001) (nesmaster14) I don't think I've heard of this game before (although it rings a little of a bell), but I enjoyed this track

Day 21 (Fighting): Flying Warriors (NES) - Stage Theme 2 (rdrunner), never heard this one before

Day 22 (Ambient): Resident Evil 7 - Save Room [PS4/X1] (Aguy), I generally don't like ambient songs, but I did at least find this one interesting to listen too

Day 23 (Industrial): Of Devious Machinations - Shovel Knight (AverageOliver98), Love me some Shovel Knight

Day 24 (32/64-bit): Mr. Driller G - Go-> (Sumez), another enjoyable impressive orchestral u... (yeah can't think of a synonym for song that starts with U)

Day 25 (Techno): Electrodrome - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (ZeldaFreak), I don't really care much for techno. This track is saved from being part of MK8, but even still it probably ranks towards the bottom of the sound track

Day 26 (Fire): Super Mario Galaxy - Melty Molten Galaxy (fox), speaking of games I need to play. I've played SMG 1 but still need to play 2.

Day 27 (Scary): Sweet Home - East Garden (koifish), it's a simple track, but I like it. Honorable mention: Zelda II The Adventure of Link (NES) - Great Palace (rdrunner) my favorite piece of this day, but since I was older when I got around to playing this the category doesn't quite fit for me

Day 28 (Final Boss): The Gadfly Suite - LittleBigPlanet 2 (ZeldaFreak), I love the Shostakovich. Honorable mention: Eternal Sonata - Scrap and Build Ourselves [PS3/X360] (Aguy) Chopin is great too

Day 29 (Ending): Gravity Rush - Douse Shinundakara (Sumez), This song blew me away. I really enjoyed it. Honorable mention: Ending - Mega Man V (GB) (AverageOliver98) I knew most Mega Man games had great ending songs, but I hadn't heard this one before

Day 30 (Credits): Staff Roll - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) (ZeldaFreak), again, you can't beat the music from LA. Honorable mention: Dragon Warrior II - Ending Theme (Jeevan) a nice one that I had heard before

• Like 3