IGNORED

31-Day Video Game Music Challenge II - Its Done

AverageOliver98

Events Team · Posted

I'm going through potential choices for the last few days so I can catch myself up, but while I was doing that, I thought of another potential category for future VGM Challenges. Pardon me if this was already suggested, but perhaps one day could be unused music? As in, music that was going to be used for a game, but was ultimately cut out of the final product for whatever reason? Just thought that could be interesting, since for some people that might be a very challenging day.

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted
On 10/18/2020 at 7:19 AM, AverageOliver98 said:

Question for everyone: Should there be any pre-determined difficulties for the next 31-Day VGMC or would everyone just like to make their own guidelines(all custom)?

Sorry, didn't actually see this question until just now. I don't think so, personally. I like everyone being able to kind of choose how difficult they want to make it for themselves. Just going at it casually, brutally difficult, somewhere in between, etc. I think the system we have now works fine, although I wouldn't be outright against adding some predetermined difficulty.

• Like 1

On 10/18/2020 at 8:19 AM, AverageOliver98 said:

Question for everyone: Should there be any pre-determined difficulties for the next 31-Day VGMC or would everyone just like to make their own guidelines(all custom)?

I think the "no reusing developers" I suggested for "ultra lunatic" would be good. Might be too extreme though!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, koifish said:

I think the "no reusing developers" I suggested for "ultra lunatic" would be good. Might be too extreme though!

I think that's probably going too far past the point. No reusing composers might make more sense in this line of thought, but then again that can be hard to keep track of for certain titles.

As I see it, the idea with the hard/lunatic "difficulties", isn't really to make the challenge harder (you can always find some track that fits no matter how restricted you are), but to entice people to go out of their way and find more unique titles, avoiding repetition and a flood of the most popular franchises everyone is always familiar with?

• Like 1

• The title was changed to 31-Day Video Game Music Challenge II - Day 20
  • The title was changed to 31-Day Video Game Music Challenge II - Day 21
  • The title was changed to 31-Day Video Game Music Challenge II - Day 22
  • The title was changed to 31-Day Video Game Music Challenge II - Day 23
  • The title was changed to 31-Day Video Game Music Challenge II - Day 24
  • The title was changed to 31-Day Video Game Music Challenge II - Day 25
  • The title was changed to 31-Day Video Game Music Challenge II - Day 26
  • The title was changed to 31-Day Video Game Music Challenge II - Day 27

1188791681_servererror.thumb.PNG.27657ec1bf9dd878e8cf19a32f641650.PNG

*And this is where the Banner would be... IF THE UPLOAD DIDN'T FAIL!*

So despite being smaller in size then one of the previous banners, it seems that I'm not able to upload this banner directly. I assume the same thing will have to be done for tomorrow's as well.

Anyways, I was surprised to find out that THIS... existed. I probably would have gone on living, not knowing about it, if it weren't for this

EDIT: Found something better then Imgur.

z5hlne.gif

Edited by AverageOliver98
  • Sad 4

• The title was changed to 31-Day Video Game Music Challenge II - Day 28
Events Team · Posted
1 hour ago, AverageOliver98 said:

Woah, that's probably my favorite banner yet! Love the previous day's banner too! That last bit at the end of the previous banner almost gave me a heart attack, though...

Edited by ZeldaFreak
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, Sumez said:

The banner is an MP4 file, not a GIF or any other picture format, so maybe that's why embedding here doesn't work?

It probably was the fact that they were MP4's. The original files were GIFs, its just that Imgur was converting them into MP4s. I did mange to find an Imgur alternative that didn't do that so everything is working now.

• Like 2