IGNORED

31-Day Video Game Music Challenge II - Its Done

AverageOliver98

Events Helper · Posted

7 hours ago, koifish said:

waiting for somebody to choose The Great and Mighty Poo song from Conker's Bad Fur Day. I always found that song too gross to enjoy even as humor, but I'm sure it's up there for somebody.

5 hours ago, ZeldaFreak said:

Too gross to even enjoy as humor?! How could you say such a thing 😞

someone already did it before u 2 posted 🤣

it wasn't me

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• The title was changed to 31-Day Video Game Music Challenge II - Day 12
6 hours ago, 0xDEAFC0DE said:

Last challenge ZeldaFreak put the Mappy theme in the frustration category. Also, for a different category I posted a medley that had the Mappy theme in it and told ZeldaFreak to listen to it. 

Pretty good. It's not the game, so I couldn't put it in, but this is the loading sound for manic miner, the game I posted for my bad music on list 1. Prepare yourself, it's like the Dial-Up tone achieved a new, more ultimate power.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MZYuGUCrkoU

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1

10 minutes ago, koifish said:

Pretty good. It's not the game, so I couldn't put it in, but this is the loading sound for manic miner, the game I posted for my bad music on list 1. Prepare yourself, it's like the Dial-Up tone achieved a new, more ultimate power.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MZYuGUCrkoU

One of the top comments on that video is, "I hooked up the sound output of my laptop into a real spectrum, and played this video. The spectrum loaded up manic miner :)" So it's not meant to be musical at least. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, 0xDEAFC0DE said:

One of the top comments on that video is, "I hooked up the sound output of my laptop into a real spectrum, and played this video. The spectrum loaded up manic miner :)" So it's not meant to be musical at least. 

Yeah, in one way it's really fascinating, the literal encoding of data into music.

On the other hand, it's the kind of sound that only appeals to a certain crowd of chip-eaters (and I don't mean crisps! 😄).

Also, it proves that ANYTHING can become nostalgic. ANYTHING. Like how the smell of cheap cigarettes and hot blacktop makes me nostalgic for my high school summer days spent trolling the local flea market for game sales.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to 31-Day Video Game Music Challenge II - Day 13

Looking ahead a bit, I have a question on Day 22.  I'm having trouble defining what qualifies as "ambient" music.  I'm sitting here watching my kids go to sleep while listening to our ambient noise machine, but all it does is make bird, rain, or fan sounds. 🙂

I'm perfectly fine just winging it as well, but just wondering everyone's thoughts.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to 31-Day Video Game Music Challenge II - Day 14
  • The title was changed to 31-Day Video Game Music Challenge II - Day 15
  • The title was changed to 31-Day Video Game Music Challenge II - Day 16
Events Team · Posted

I accidentally hit the back button on my mouse right when I was just about done with my honorable mentions list for today, which sent me back to the previous page I was on and it didn't save my progress, so I had to restart the entire thing, links and all, from scratch. Not a good start to my day 😅

• Sad 3

• The title was changed to 31-Day Video Game Music Challenge II - Day 17
  • The title was changed to 31-Day Video Game Music Challenge II - Day 18

2133221306_Day18Fall2020.thumb.gif.4bbbfe02e1e9a8670784ce530737861f.gif

And now time to answer (and ask) some questions:

@rdrunner - About ambient music... I was thinking along the lines of calm/relaxing. Probably lacking prominent percussion.(In other words, I'm also winging it, both for the challenge and this description 😃)

@ZeldaFreak - Arms on Day 13 isn't cheating, I see it as a boxing game.(I thought it was a reboot of Punch-Out when I first saw the trailer.)

@koifish - Super Princess Peach would be considered a Mario spinoff as there aren't enough "Princess Peach" games to be considered their own series(magic number is 3). So yes, SPP would be seperate from series like 'Super Mario', 'Mario Party', 'Mario Kart', but would still be part of the Mario franchise. 

Question for everyone: Should there be any pre-determined difficulties for the next 31-Day VGMC or would everyone just like to make their own guidelines(all custom)?

• Like 2

Events Helper · Posted
6 hours ago, AverageOliver98 said:

2133221306_Day18Fall2020.thumb.gif.4bbbfe02e1e9a8670784ce530737861f.gif

And now time to answer (and ask) some questions:

@rdrunner - About ambient music... I was thinking along the lines of calm/relaxing. Probably lacking prominent percussion.(In other words, I'm also winging it, both for the challenge and this description 😃)

@ZeldaFreak - Arms on Day 13 isn't cheating, I see it as a boxing game.(I thought it was a reboot of Punch-Out when I first saw the trailer.)

@koifish - Super Princess Peach would be considered a Mario spinoff as there aren't enough "Princess Peach" games to be considered their own series(magic number is 3). So yes, SPP would be seperate from series like 'Super Mario', 'Mario Party', 'Mario Kart', but would still be part of the Mario franchise. 

Question for everyone: Should there be any pre-determined difficulties for the next 31-Day VGMC or would everyone just like to make their own guidelines(all custom)?

I'm going off of games I have played only!  no real choice of level, just custom.

• Like 1