IGNORED

Super Mario 3D All Stars Reveal

KokiriChild

I am.  The only slight disappointment I have is that since these aren't remakes (and with COVID, maybe they had to scrap that idea just to meet deadlines) I wish they used the DS port as a base for SM64.  The DS port has more stars, different characters and even mini games. Personally, I think those were nice additions.

But, that's a knit-pick complaint.  The game is solid, regardless.

• Like 1

Editorials Team · Posted
3 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

Kinda surprised they didn't call it "Deluxe."  That seems to be the theme with porting over Wii U games and adding content to the Switch.

Presumably Bowser's Fury is a separate little game, similar to how they rereleased the Mario and Luigi titles for 3DS

The Mario Kart live thing was cool but not something I'd buy. Interesting concept though. 

No real surprise with 3d Allstars... Looks solid and will pick it up. 

Although just another port the SMB game and watch looks pretty awesome. Probably grab that too.

The Mario battle royal looks kinda neat too. Will probably try the trial at least. 

Edited by Andy_Bogomil

You think Nintendo would have learned their lesson on the Wii 10 years ago, limited retail release, limited digital run, done in March 2021.

Act now if you want one: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/super-mario-3d-all-stars-nintendo-switch/6414104.p?skuId=6414104

That will get you the game prepaid/ordered through Best Buy in the US.  Amazon doesn't even have it up yet and it's out in like two weeks.

I'm a little surprised Galaxy 2 got left out but that's it.  I like what they've done here with this and I'm on board.  Scalpers are already chomping at the bit to scam the crap out of people too, so do what you got to do or get it digitally while that window is open.  Maybe Nintendo will re-run it later next summer or fall like when SMAS Wii blew up in their face with the scamming.

• Like 2

I am so excited for this!!! 😄

I never got to play Sunshine or Galaxy, so this is a great chance for me to do so! I recently went through Super Mario 64 on the DS, so it will be nice to return to the original since that one added a bunch of changes!

I am surprised to see this announced so soon before release! It's going to be hard waiting for this... I love my 3D platformers lol

2 hours ago, fox said:

3D Mario collection

but no Galaxy 2

but it is a full price release

but it is a limited run product even digitally

There is always a catch with Nintendo 🤨

No Galaxy 2 is disappointing, but not a deal breaker.

Nearly everyone was expecting SM64, Sunshine and Galaxy to be released as 3 separate games each at full price.  Putting all 3 together at full price is not a downside.  Even if they didn't have any updates, $20 per title would still be very fare.  

Limited run is pretty inexcusable for this type of game.  I can't comprehend or defend that in any way.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

Limited run is pretty inexcusable for this type of game.  I can't comprehend or defend that in any way.  

It looks like it's a timed release. March 31 they'll pull it from shelves. Seems polarizing but it make sense since next year it won't be the anniversary. It seems like they just want those sweet Q4 and Q1 sales.

8 minutes ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

It looks like it's a timed release. March 31 they'll pull it from shelves. Seems polarizing but it make sense since next year it won't be the anniversary. It seems like they just want those sweet Q4 and Q1 sales.

I guess it depends.  As long as they make enough that everyone who wants one can get one easily, I won't care.  

• Like 1