IGNORED

Super Mario 3D All Stars Reveal

KokiriChild

15 hours ago, OptOut said:

this is annoying for me, taking my hands off the controller to swipe the screen to collect and shoot star bits.

On the subject of "not being required", does the game ever actually want you to do this? I played both Galaxy games through twice on Wii, and don't remember ever doing that outside of just trying to see how it worked.

I always thought it was just there to give a potential spectator something fun to do.

1 hour ago, Sumez said:

On the subject of "not being required", does the game ever actually want you to do this? I played both Galaxy games through twice on Wii, and don't remember ever doing that outside of just trying to see how it worked.

I always thought it was just there to give a potential spectator something fun to do.

You need to collect star bits to feed the little lumas so they can open up new levels and stuff. Some of them need literally HUNDREDS, so yeah skipping the star bit collecting is not an option.

3 hours ago, OptOut said:

That takes way longer and you miss loads of them that way.

I'm not gonna cripple my experience of the game by slowing down to manually pick up star bits, give me a break! 🙄

Definitely it takes way longer. I just found myself collecting star bits in short bursts without taking away from the exploration. I had to make it something I was trying to do instead of passively collecting them like I had before on the Wii

• Sad 1

Really loved this game.  Doesn’t look like a Wii game, looks like a Switch game.  Plays better than the Wii version cause the motion controls are downplayed, and where there is motion controls they just work better on the Switch.  

Not going to bother with Luigi mode because that is basically new game+ and replaying all those levels already with the comets was already starting to feel like padding.

@OptOut Try playing with motion controls in table top mode.  Hungry Lumas are only like 6 stars, so not mandatory.  Just swing/swipe in the elevator sequences when you are traveling between planetoids since it’s loading time anyways.

E17DB83F-1A83-42BF-BCDC-5FBBA4BB5A7D.jpeg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/27/2020 at 10:36 AM, phart010 said:

Now just give us wide screen Mario 64 and we can call it a day

That wouldn't be hard and would be nice.  I've been dabbling since the day it came out with the vanilla stable version of Super Mario 64 recompiled for PC and it does this, looks wonderful.  Annoyingly it's the better version of Mario if we're comparing this, to n64, to 3D Allstars.  It tops them across the board.  Stability, display quality, overall appearance, handling, and even runs at a smooth consistent speed as well.

• 3 weeks later...