IGNORED

Games From Your Collection That Have Just Up and Disappeared.

Aguy

I spent all afternoon going through my collection and make sure everything is organized and in it's place, making sure there are no random discs floating in other game cases, alphabetizing, as we do. For whatever reason, my one copy of SMB/DH is missing, along with Driver for PS1 and DQ VIII for 3DS. I have the IB for both, but the disc and cart are gone. And these are games I know I have, I played them recently, and I don't lend my games out.

P.S. On a positive note, I did find multiple games I was completely unaware I had, such as loose copies of Lady Sia and Madden 2005 for GBA, Loose Kirby's Canvas Curse and Hotel Dusk for DS, and a complete Final Fantasy III for DS.

• Like 2

Editorials Team · Posted

I couldn't find Super Chase HQ for a solid year.  It turned up when I packed up to move earlier this summer.

My WildSnake is 100% gone though.  Absolutely no idea.  My kids either put it in a bin or suitcase or the garbage or... who even knows.

My childhood copy of the Super Mario RPG guide disappeared as well.  I got rid of a bunch of destroyed EGM mags and worthless (in my mind, at the time) PS1 and PC guides, and I'm afraid the Mario guide somehow tagged along for the ride.

I used to have all nine Sachen multicarts for Famicom, during the great importation of Sachens in the early 2000s. I stupidly sold one or two to fund other purchases, kept the rest.

When I actually started collecting Famicom seriously ten years later, went back home to try to find them. Found all but four. The two I sold I easily re-found in Taiwan, the two I didn't sell just disappeared, and Ive no idea where they went, still am looking for them (couldn't find them in Taiwan either)

Years ago, I had all my games in a spare bedroom. Collection wasn't really big, but had a decent amount. I knew where everything was though because it was right after I started getting back into collecting older games so everything was in a little dresser I had. Star Fox 64 and my Gyromite carts disappeared. Never found them either. We had a younger girl (early 20s) watch the house when we went on a vacation. I think she had her boyfriend over and I suspect he took them. Not sure why those two though when I had much more valuable things in the same spot.

I misplaced my over-world map for Dragon Warrior II a few years ago.  I had it in an envelope that was kind of an obscure size and shape and I have literally never thrown out a pile of papers in my adult life, without first looking through and carefully examining each one.  I figure it's probably inside a book on a bookshelf somewhere.  Trouble is, I've got a lot of books.  lol

I found it but for a long time I couldn't find my copy of Mr. Bones. The odd thing is, I also have a media review copy of the OST which I keep right beside the game. I didn't misplace the OST, but the game was missing for a while.

When I finally moved to my current game room/office early this year, I found it. That was good.

1 hour ago, CodysGameRoom said:

Cannot find my disc for Clockwork Knight. It was my childhood copy so I know I didn't buy it with no disc. None of my friends are Saturn owners who might have borrowed/taken it. Not in the Saturn.

🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Nintegageo said:

When I decided to collect cartridge games exclusively, I was trading in my CD/DVD-based games and could not locate Xenogears. To this day, no idea who has it.

One day you're going to open up an old CD case and, boom, there it is.

• Like 1

Quite a few.... off the top of my head, Fatal Fury Real Bout is one that really puzzles me - I was 100% certain I had that at some point.

My Steel Battalion disc is completely gone, too, which is a terrible one to miss when you're stuck with the giant-ass controller.

Edited by Sumez

I lost a few in my move to Taiwan, I think. Really random stuff, like Donkey Kong Country on GBC, a couple N64 games, Turok and Iggy's reckin balls, and Fable on OG XBOX. Strange out of hundreds of games these were the only ones that disappeared, and did not reappear when I searched for them when I got home.

I also lost a folder of my original Pokemon cards at some point over the last fifteen years or so, real bummer because I had so many cool ones including Charizard... 😢

• Sad 1

My brother and I "lost" Super Mario 3 sometime in 1990. I got it for my b-day July 1990.  We only got games at B-day and Christmas but had a "huge" collection of games compared with other families.   We had Super Mario 1+ 2, RBI Baseball, Super Sprint, Final Fantasy, Duck Tales, Jackal and Legend of Zelda at the time. Pretty sure my brother traded away Super Mario 3 for some baseball/basketball cards and told my parents and I that the game just disappeared. Growing up I thought he got mad and threw it away. Was not until 2-3 years later did I get the game again for cheap after SNES took over.

Edited by ChepChep

I had a CIB Kirby Superstar for SNES that grew legs.  I imagine I lost it during a move, but I had a much smaller collection then and was very careful packing things up.  A couple of years later I was going through my SNES stuff and couldn't find it for the life of me, but it was still in my tracker.  Ended up buying another one to replace it but I never did find the first one I had.