IGNORED

American Politics / Current Events Thread

CodysGameRoom

https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/15/us/texas-teacher-fired-race-conversation/index.html

A student off camera asks, “So White is better than all?”

The teacher replies, “Let me finish. I think everybody thinks that. They’re just not honest about it.”

After some other discussion in the video, a student asks, “You said you are a racist, right?”

“I did, yeah, I’m trying to be honest,” the teacher replies.

2 hours ago, Kguillemette said:

So Trump announced he's running for president again and nobody seems to care. This is such a good thing.

Good, he will ruin it for republicans. Can’t wait to watch that shitshow implode. 

-almost lost to hillary (did lose pop. Vote)

- lost house/senate in 2018

-lost election against a super weak Biden

-lost senate, and almost lost house in 2022

*Trump voice*
”im gonna win so much you are gonna beg me to stop winning”

Fucking idiot lol

Editorials Team · Posted
3 hours ago, Kguillemette said:

So Trump announced he's running for president again and nobody seems to care. This is such a good thing.

I love how both parties are continuously  incapable of putting forward a great candidate.

I guess any reasonable, qualified, charismatic leader stays far, far away from the shit show of US politics.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Reed Rothchild said:

I love how both parties are continuously  incapable of putting forward a great candidate.

I know this is sarcasm but I just want to say I hate it, actually. Seriously, when was the last time the final 2 (we all know how it goes) were both decent candidates? The fucking 1970s or something?

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted

Policy agreements or disagreements aside, I had a lot of respect for Obama and McCain, as individuals.  That was 2008, but of course it feels like ages ago.  And then in 2012, I felt at least Obama and Romney were reasonable, relatively speaking.  It has been a wild ride since then.

I voted for Obama and I still believe he was and is a stand-up individual.

I honestly feel the same about McCain.  I think he made some strategic mistakes, and I didn't agree with all of his policies / ideals, but I still had a lot of respect for him.  And the more time that went on after 2008, the more respect I felt for him.

• Like 2

McCain was the adult in the room when the NeoCon movement started taking over. It really made him stand out. Unfortunately for us all, Trump successfully brands any modern equivalent a RINO and sucks all their oxygen. Or at least he used to. I'll be watching the republican primary season closely and aggressive voting against Trump.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2022 at 11:23 PM, CodysGameRoom said:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/15/us/texas-teacher-fired-race-conversation/index.html

A student off camera asks, “So White is better than all?”

The teacher replies, “Let me finish. I think everybody thinks that. They’re just not honest about it.”

After some other discussion in the video, a student asks, “You said you are a racist, right?”

“I did, yeah, I’m trying to be honest,” the teacher replies.

Yeah, what's the point? Racism sucks, but it's the whole world round. In some places white is seen as better, in others, black, in others, Asian etc etc etc. My buddy and I wanted to perform a gig at a popular joint for beer and Japanese food, we messaged the owner in Chinese, he turned us down as since we sing English songs (mostly Americana fiddle tunes), it couldn't be sang along with by locals.

This is quite funny though, as at our other gigs all the locals love CLAPPING to our songs. Furthermore, the defacto performer has NO stage presence, no one watches or listens to her, she arrives late and leaves early, etc. Either the owner of the shop is racist, or he's shagging her. I lean towards both...

Nothing sucks more than knowing people are denying you a chance based simply off your skin. For me though, it just makes me want to work that much harder to prove a point. 😉

• Like 1

Kanye West Compares Himself to Martin Luther King Jr., Then Bails on Interview After Challenge Over Antisemitism

https://www.billboard.com/music/rb-hip-hop/kanye-west-compares-martin-luther-king-bails-interview-antisemitism-1235178066/

“I just got to go to the heart of this antisemite claim,” West said as he dove into a monologue in which he accused former retail partners Gap and Adidas, as well as Vogue magazine, former presidents Barack Obama and Donald Trump and his personal trainer of being part of a Jewish-led conspiracy to destroy his career.

West is an evil nutcase, but NOT a joke, I wish he was. Sadly, he still has influence. Well, hopefully he'll catch some horrible disease and refuse to be treated, because I'm sure he also thinks medicine is a "Jewish conspiracy" 🤨

NY career criminal sentenced to 17.5 years for punching Asian senior 125 times

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/man-punched-67-year-old-asian-woman-125-ny-gets-17-years-prison-rcna59328

Esco, a repeat offender with 14 prior arrests, appeared to express no remorse at his sentencing.

"As the attack happened, all I could think was, ‘Please Lord let me live, please Lord my daughters need me,'" she continued. "A complete stranger heartlessly spit, beat and kicked me over 100 times just because of my heritage. ... My only hope is that God and the criminal justice system will see fit to make sure this never happens to any other innocent family again.”

I have no faith in NYC and their criminal justice system. An unprovoked attack filled with hate, almost killed a senior citizen and this career criminal gets... a whooping 17.5 years? How long before he's out on parole? He beat her within an inch of her life, and this is it? FUCK NYC and FUCK the politicians that made such a light sentence possible.

Edited by avatar!

How antisemitism became an American crisis

--A well written article--

https://www.yahoo.com/news/how-antisemitism-became-an-american-crisis-174246445.html

“You’ve seen a normalization of antisemitism,” Anti-Defamation League president Jonathan Greenblatt told Yahoo News at a recent conversation at the organization’s offices in Manhattan. “We've watched the numbers increase dramatically.” In 2014, the storied anti-bias organization (which now fights racism, nativism and gender-based violence in addition to antisemitism) recorded 912 incidents targeting Jews across the United States; by 2021 the number had spiked to 2,717, a record number.

Jews are targets of about 60% of all religion-driven hate crimes across the United States, a fact that is especially surprising since Jews make up only 2.4% of the American population. “It’s a community that desperately needs our support because it’s getting hit from all sides,” FBI Director Christopher Wray said in recent congressional testimony.

Very sad that here in the USA Jews, or any minority, should feel so threatened today.

All he has to do is say “Hunter Biden” and all the low IQ terrorists that support Trump will come and slob on his knob. Wait until he starts selling twitter DMs to China to sell more Teslas there. The inbred hicks will still hold their mouths open for more shit, like they love. Just lapping it all up. 

Republicans wont accept subpoenas from Jan 6th, I say everyone else subpoenaed about Any Hunter Biden Nonsense (or whatever Hannity makes up in the right wing conspiracy-sphere) throw those subpoenas in the fucking Garbage. James Comer and Kevin McCarthy are gutless bootlickers who can sit on a bowling pin. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Trump’s Badly Photoshopped NFTs Appear to Use Photos From Small Clothing Brands

Screenshot-from-2022-12-15-20-14-32.png

Over the last 24 hours, fans of ex-President Donald Trump have sat huddled in their chairs, waiting with bated breath for a supposed announcement the once tweeter-in-chief promised would blow their socks off...On Thursday the grand surprise was finally revealed and it was nothing but another horrific NFT project that, in Trump’s words, featured “amazing ART of my Life & Career!”

Hope he gets sued for stealing images off the web!!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, avatar! said:

Hope he gets sued for stealing images off the web!!

Oh he won't, but this entire announcement that played like a short infomercial was absolutely hilarious. Are the certificates of authenticity for the NFTs gonna be printed on real paper and mailed out like his stimulus payment "you're welcome" notes? 🤣 

Just now, Driftwood said:

Well this echo chamber certainly hasn’t changed one bit you must really enjoy smelling your own farts in here

R.I.P. inhumane and wrong and ignorant opinions. There are plenty of echo chambers that run counter to the attitude you consider prevailing here if you want that, and many self-proclaimed neutral venues like 1880 project and Fox News. Nice that you consider an expectation of cooperation amongst many people to smell like shit. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Link said:

R.I.P. inhumane and wrong and ignorant opinions. There are plenty of echo chambers that run counter to the attitude you consider prevailing here if you want that, and many self-proclaimed neutral venues like 1880 project and Fox News. Nice that you consider an expectation of cooperation amongst many people to smell like shit. 

So, Fox News and 1880 think Super Mario Bros 2 is fake as well?

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Driftwood said:

Well this echo chamber certainly hasn’t changed one bit you must really enjoy smelling your own farts in here

We're open to other opinions here. If they're thought out and reasonable. You might get some debate and may have to back your posts up with facts, but that's called polite discourse.

Coming in here, firing off a snipe to "own the libs", and crying when the inevitable backlash occurs (like the last time you posted in this forum) is where you're going to be treated like a troll.

• Like 1
  • Eyeroll 1