IGNORED

American Politics / Current Events Thread

CodysGameRoom

Pelosi going to Taiwan seems like such a bad idea. When Russia invaded Ukraine, my opinion was that the U.S. pushed Russia to make a decision by ignoring the historical U.N. red line.

This really seems like a similar anti-diplomatic charade. I don't think China will respond because they have too much to lose by taking the bait, but I guess we'll have to wait and see if they clap back in other ways. 

#Deathpanelsfordemocraticleadership

• Disagree 1

Judge scolds Alex Jones at Sandy Hook defamation trial: 'This is not your show'

https://www.yahoo.com/news/alex-jones-testifies-in-own-defense-at-sandy-hook-defamation-trial-221940211.html

Heslin and Lewis are suing Jones and his media company Free Speech Systems for $150 million for the harassment they've received as a result of the false conspiracy theory spread by Jones and his guests on Infowars, a far-right website that hosts talk shows and other content.

Jones has claimed in court that he has a negative net worth of $20 million, though lawyers for the plaintiffs vehemently dispute that claim. Last week Free Speech Systems filed for U.S. bankruptcy protection.

Jones coughed repeatedly throughout his testimony. He said he has been suffering from a torn larynx that he developed while hosting his daily Infowars show. Jones has continued to host the show throughout the trial.

Alex Jones is human manure made flesh. The world will be better once he is out of sight and out of mind forever.

4 hours ago, avatar! said:

Judge scolds Alex Jones at Sandy Hook defamation trial: 'This is not your show'

https://www.yahoo.com/news/alex-jones-testifies-in-own-defense-at-sandy-hook-defamation-trial-221940211.html

Heslin and Lewis are suing Jones and his media company Free Speech Systems for $150 million for the harassment they've received as a result of the false conspiracy theory spread by Jones and his guests on Infowars, a far-right website that hosts talk shows and other content.

Jones has claimed in court that he has a negative net worth of $20 million, though lawyers for the plaintiffs vehemently dispute that claim. Last week Free Speech Systems filed for U.S. bankruptcy protection.

Jones coughed repeatedly throughout his testimony. He said he has been suffering from a torn larynx that he developed while hosting his daily Infowars show. Jones has continued to host the show throughout the trial.

Alex Jones is human manure made flesh. The world will be better once he is out of sight and out of mind forever.

His case is going along swimmingly, too.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/alex-jones-damning-texts-accidentally-sent-to-sandy-hook-lawyer

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Tulpa said:

I love how Jones' lawyers "accidentally" sent his phone to the plaintiff's lawyers 😄
I know... was it really an accident? The world may never know...

Sorry Fran Healy GIF by Travis

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, avatar! said:

I love how Jones' lawyers "accidentally" sent his phone to the plaintiff's lawyers 😄
I know... was it really an accident? The world may never know...

Sorry Fran Healy GIF by Travis

It was the deepstate pedophiles who want to turn frogs into transexuals. 

If Alex Jones dies of violent blunt force anal trauma, the world would be a better place. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Screenshot-from-2022-08-04-11-52-46.png

https://apnews.com/article/abortion-covid-technology-health-voting-87dc504b3048e6034896733fc1aa49c6

“We’ve certainly seen dirty tricks, but never this level of deception aimed to make people vote the opposite way than they intend to,” said Davis Hammet, president of Loud Light, a youth voter registration and engagement organization in Kansas.

The misleading texts sent to Kansas Democrats highlights the growing problem of political disinformation sent by automated text message, a ubiquitous communication system that presents new opportunities for those who would attempt to deceive voters.

Tells you all you need to know about the opposition far right - glad Kansans saw through that filth!

ps Just to be clear, I have friends that are quite conservative - but I would never classify them as "far right"!

• Angry 1

Nancy Pelosi visits Taiwan in a historically significant move. This will shake things up between US Taiwan and China. As a matter of fact, China is already beginning to surround Taiwan, putting export trade routes under stress. So all those precious Taiwanese chips will be even harder to get. Good thing we just handed billions of government money over to US chipmakers to boost domestic chip making abilities. Even better for Nancy for investing heavily in those chipmakers prior to the CHIPS Act. Domestic chipmakers are gonna do real good with no competition from Taiwanese chipmakers.

• Agree 2

Never thought Godwin's Law would be evoked in the previous administration, but here we are.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-asked-aide-why-his-generals-couldn-t-be-like-hitler-s-book-says/ar-AA10r3Ib?cvid=06c39f80b9de456e80c8d1a0e8cc94bb

WASHINGTON — Former President Donald J. Trump told his top White House aide that he wished he had generals like the ones who had reported to Adolf Hitler, saying they were “totally loyal” to the leader of the Nazi regime, according to a forthcoming book about the 45th president.

“Why can’t you be like the German generals?” Mr. Trump told John Kelly, his chief of staff, preceding the question with an obscenity, according to an excerpt from “The Divider: Trump in the White House,” by Peter Baker and Susan Glasser, published online by The New Yorker on Monday morning. (Mr. Baker is the chief White House correspondent for The New York Times; Ms. Glasser is a staff writer for The New Yorker.)

The excerpt depicts Mr. Trump as deeply frustrated by his top military officials, whom he saw as insufficiently loyal or obedient to him. In the conversation with Mr. Kelly, which took place years before the attack on the Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, the authors write, the chief of staff told Mr. Trump that Germany’s generals had “tried to kill Hitler three times and almost pulled it off.”

Mr. Trump was dismissive, according to the excerpt, apparently unaware of the World War II history that Mr. Kelly, a retired four-star general, knew all too well.

• Haha 2

Utah-based company ripped out 'Made in China' tags, replaced with 'Made in USA,' officials say

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2022/08/08/made-china-made-usa-tags-swap/10264036002/

An apparel company known for inflammatory apparel championing the Second Amendment and Donald Trump has been fined after  the Federal Trade Commission found the company falsely claimed its imported apparel is made in the U.S.

Utah-based Lions Not Sheep and its owner, SeanWhalen, were slapped with a $211,335 fine last week after the FTC found the company removed “Made in China” tags, replacing them with fake “Made in the USA” labels, according to a FTC news release.

The fine comes on the heels of a complaint filed by the FTC in May.

According to the FTC, the company added phony Made in USA labels to clothing imported from China and other countries. The FTC release did not not identify the other countries.

Nick Jonas Wow GIF by Jonas Brothers

• Haha 1

😂😂😂😂

Just another grift from a Trumper hehehehe

It’s not just the low quality of the scams that float around him and cling to him like flies on shit that is hilarious, its also the pure irony in them.

Speaking of Trump, I read he was begging for donations to fund his “future lawsuit” against CNN. Man he is gonna ride his marks until the wheels fall off. If you still fall for that nonsense, you deserve to have all your money taken. 

33 minutes ago, Tulpa said:

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2022/08/08/politics/mar-a-lago-search-warrant-fbi-donald-trump/index.html

FBI executes search warrant at Trump's Mar-a-Lago, former President says

Oh, shit!

🤣🤣🤣

Does the FBI raid the home of a former president without pure, clean, indisputable evidence of a crime? Not sure, asking for a friend. 

Then again, it could be yet another lie, and within the hour all his cult members will get an email blast begging for donations to fight the deep state. Most  Trumpers are unfamiliar with “the boy who cried wolf” lol

Illinois GOP nominee for governor Darren Bailey defends comparing abortion to Holocaust

https://www.yahoo.com/news/darren-bailey-compares-abortion-to-holocaust-jewish-community-rabbis-190150083.html

Facing criticism for past comments comparing abortion to the Holocaust, the Republican nominee for governor in Illinois is refusing to apologize — and claiming that a group of rabbis backed the comparison.

Bailey said that “the attempted extermination of the Jews of World War II doesn’t even compare on a shadow of the life that has been lost with abortion since its legalization.”

“Darren Bailey’s disgusting assertion that a woman determining her own reproductive future is worse than the Nazis’ genocide of 6 million Jews is offensive to Illinoisans everywhere,” Eliza Glezer, press secretary for Pritzker’s campaign, said in a statement.

I just don't understand how someone can say something so ridiculous and then defend it. Hope for the sake of Illinois he loses BIG TIME.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tulpa said:

Trump, Who Once Said ‘the Mob Takes the Fifth,’ Takes the Fifth

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2022/08/trump-takes-the-fifth.html

Trump has suggested on many occasions that people who invoke their right against self-incrimination are guilty. “You see the mob takes the Fifth,” Trump said during a 2016 rally in Iowa. “If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”

At this point I would be concerned if Trump didn’t lie, or wasnt just staggeringly hypocritical. Its so obvious snd constant lol. Theres gotta be a montage somewhere. 

I know theres one of all of congress’ trumpy bootlickers raging about Hillarys emails but now accusing the DOJ of everything under the sun, with of course zero evidence. 

LOCK HIM UP LOCK HIM UP LOCK HIM UP

🤣🤣🤣🤣

If the democrats dont chant that at every midterm/presidential rally, then they deserve to lose. Shit if I was them, I would run on prosecuting Trump exactly like he did with Hillary. Only you would be telling the truth lol

4 hours ago, MrWunderful said:

7 hours ago, avatar! said:

I don't think the court stuff will have an effect on the election, the dems that care are already voting and the reps don't care. Everyone know the guy is crook.

The anti abortion stuff though and jan. 6th stuff has been pretty good though.

If they actually have something on him that would be different.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2022/08/11/us/ricky-shiffer-purported-social-media-posts/index.html

A social media account bearing the name of Ricky Shiffer, the suspect in the Ohio standoff with the FBI, made a post on the social media platform founded by Donald Trump, referencing an attempt to storm an FBI office and encouraging others online to prepare for a revolutionary-type war.

The post about the FBI office attack was made minutes after the Ohio State Highway Patrol said the incident at the FBI office in Cincinnati began, shortly after 9:15 a.m.

"Well, I thought I had a way through bullet proof glass, and I didn't," the user posted at 9:29 a.m. Thursday on Truth Social, Trump's social media site. "If you don't hear from me, it is true I tried attacking the F.B.I., and it'll mean either I was taken off the internet, the F.B.I. got me, or they sent the regular cops while."

• Wow! 1

Espionage act.

Donald Trump is a fucking traitor. I have zero doubt that he would sell out our country in a second to Russia, China or N. Korea. 

I just hope they bring federal treason charges against him, its the only thing that will make the cancer that was his terrible rise in politics to a dishonorable end. 

Thank god I live in a free state of California where Trump specifically, not to mention most Trumpy leaning politics are looked on with Disgust. 

Once we ditch the gutless bootlicker Kevin McCarthy (an embarrassment to even call a fellow Californian) we will be complete. 

The icing on the cake would be if he could somehow not be buried in Arlington, bury him in the shit hole that is Mar-a-Lago. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1