IGNORED

American Politics / Current Events Thread

CodysGameRoom

Editorials Team · Posted

https://www.businessinsider.com/tucker-carlson-trump-world-champion-of-destroying-things-dominion-lawsuit-2023-2

I mean, we already knew all of this.  But to have it thrown in their face... how do they survive this?  Like, this is objective proof that they just make up whatever they think their base wants to hear and that they know it.

We truly are in some sort of media apocalypse.

• Like 2

https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment/news/dominion-filings-reveal-fox-news-viewers-demand-to-be-told-lies-columnist/ar-AA17GTOh?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=7010e17f556c4a3e9d2390ec0088c323

Dominion filings reveal Fox News viewers demand to be told lies: columnist

The Atlantic's Adam Serwer has written an essay on Dominion Voting Systems' court filing against Fox News released last week, and he says it reveals that Fox News' viewers have essentially demand that the network lie to them.

The most interesting part of Dominion's filing, according to Serwer, is the panicked messages that Fox News hosts sent to each other after seeing their ratings drop because they weren't pushing false election conspiracy theories with the same vigor as upstart cable news networks such as Newsmax and One America News.

In essence, then, Fox News sees its goal not as delivering news, but in delivering pleasing stories that will reinforce its viewers' feelings of self-worth.

"Fox News executives and personalities understand that their own network loses traction with its audience when it fails to tell the lies that the audience wishes to hear," writes Serwer. "There are infinite examples of the mainstream press making errors of omission, fact, or framing. But as the private communications in the Dominion filing show, the mainstream media’s unforgivable sin with this constituency is not lying, but failing to consistently lie the way conservative audiences want them to."

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1

• 2 weeks later...

Fox news, yes they Lie.

Other outlets…… not so much. And they will usually admit their mistakes if something is misreported.  

Fox literally had to argue that they arent news. Wait until they lose to Dominion, they are going to have to admit in the court of law that their viewers are snowflakes who shouldn’t see the truth.  

Lightfoot is Out

https://chicago.suntimes.com/elections/2023/2/28/23619711/chicago-mayor-lori-lightfoot-vallas-johnson-april-4-runoff

With nearly 99% of the precincts reporting, the mayor who guided Chicago through the pandemic finished third in Tuesday’s election with 17.06% of the vote behind former Chicago Public Schools CEO Paul Vallas, who won 33.77 %, and Cook County Commissioner and Chicago Teachers Union organizer Brandon Johnson, who wound up with 20.29%.

Vallas then returned to the law-and-order message that carried him into the runoff. “Public safety is the fundamental right of every American. It is a civil right, and it is the principle responsibility of government. We will have a safe Chicago. We will make Chicago the safest city in America,” he said.

With violent crime and the perception of it foremost on the minds of voters, the mayor who chose Chicago Police Supt. David Brown and stubbornly refused demands from all eight challengers to get rid of him failed to make the runoff.

Businessman Willie Wilson...“We’ve got to get Chicago right. Too many people have suffered under Lightfoot’s hands. And I don’t even know if she still thinks that crime is high. I think she feels that crime is low, to be honest with you. She just don’t get it. If a person don’t know that they’re doing something wrong, how can they fix it?”

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, avatar! said:

Lightfoot is Out

https://chicago.suntimes.com/elections/2023/2/28/23619711/chicago-mayor-lori-lightfoot-vallas-johnson-april-4-runoff

With nearly 99% of the precincts reporting, the mayor who guided Chicago through the pandemic finished third in Tuesday’s election with 17.06% of the vote behind former Chicago Public Schools CEO Paul Vallas, who won 33.77 %, and Cook County Commissioner and Chicago Teachers Union organizer Brandon Johnson, who wound up with 20.29%.

Vallas then returned to the law-and-order message that carried him into the runoff. “Public safety is the fundamental right of every American. It is a civil right, and it is the principle responsibility of government. We will have a safe Chicago. We will make Chicago the safest city in America,” he said.

With violent crime and the perception of it foremost on the minds of voters, the mayor who chose Chicago Police Supt. David Brown and stubbornly refused demands from all eight challengers to get rid of him failed to make the runoff.

Businessman Willie Wilson...“We’ve got to get Chicago right. Too many people have suffered under Lightfoot’s hands. And I don’t even know if she still thinks that crime is high. I think she feels that crime is low, to be honest with you. She just don’t get it. If a person don’t know that they’re doing something wrong, how can they fix it?”

Thank God that racist is gone. How big is it now?

So Tucker Carlson was airing edited footage of Jan. 6th to try to spin it more positively.

How did Tucker really feel about Trump around that time?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/media/2023/03/07/fox-news-lawsuit/

Among the documents released Tuesday as part of the $1.6 billion defamation lawsuit filed against Fox News by Dominion Voting Systems was an email from Fox Corp. Chairman Rupert Murdoch to Fox News CEO Suzanne Scott that the organization was “Still getting mud thrown at us! … Maybe Sean and Laura went too far.”

Two months after the election and just days before Jan. 6, 2021, Fox host Tucker Carlson texted with an unknown Fox employee about how badly he wanted to stop covering President Donald Trump.

“We are very, very close to being able to ignore Trump most nights,” Carlson texted Jan. 4, 2021. “I truly can’t wait.”

“I hate him passionately,” Carlson added.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, avatar! said:

Here's a much needed dose of comedy from someone insane...

See, I hate this woman because she makes my rational conspiracy theories sound like mindless babbling, which is why...  (CONSPIRACY) she's a gubmint' plant. (/CONSPIRACY)

They really DO want to know your bowel movements, and want you to eat fake meat or crickets. It's literally the WEF public goals to know all this information and reshape the world for the "Fourth Industrial Revolution" and they publicly list this stuff on their website...also it's not like the WEF is some small forum, it's literally people like presidents around the world, CEO's, and celebrities...

40 minutes ago, ThePhleo said:

See, I hate this woman because she makes my rational conspiracy theories sound like mindless babbling, which is why...  (CONSPIRACY) she's a gubmint' plant. (/CONSPIRACY)

They really DO want to know your bowel movements, and want you to eat fake meat or crickets. It's literally the WEF public goals to know all this information and reshape the world for the "Fourth Industrial Revolution" and they publicly list this stuff on their website...also it's not like the WEF is some small forum, it's literally people like presidents around the world, CEO's, and celebrities...

Id legit eat a cricket steak if it was healthier, tasted good, was sustainable and environmentally friendly  and millions of cattle didnt have to live in squalid conditions until they are slaughtered each year, wouldn’t you? What if it had 3x the protein, less cholesterol, more fiber and was a third of the price?  

Dont worry though,  the puppet master elites still need capitalism to exist so  we could have cricket steak action figures, games and cartoons. And argue about them on the internet.

Then real beef could be a special niche delicacy made with care from real, healthy, generically diverse well cared for cattle, similar to small family farms and we could collapse the slaughterhouse industrial complex

Not sure but That sounds pretty good to me

1 hour ago, Link said:

Wait who is it that wants to know where people go to the bathroom?

It's highly valuable medical data.

13 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

Id legit eat a cricket steak if it was healthier, tasted good, was sustainable and environmentally friendly  and millions of cattle didnt have to live in squalid conditions until they are slaughtered each year, wouldn’t you? What if it had 3x the protein, less cholesterol, more fiber and was a third of the price?  

Dont worry though,  the puppet master elites still need capitalism to exist so  we could have cricket steak action figures, games and cartoons. And argue about them on the internet.

Then real beef could be a special niche delicacy made with care from real, healthy, generically diverse well cared for cattle, similar to small family farms and we could collapse the slaughterho use industrial complex

Not sure but That sounds pretty good to me

Yeah...I don't eat steak for the protein, cholesterol, fiber or anything beyond HOLY SHIT, STEAK IS AMAZING.

IMO, a reverse seared dry aged bone-in Ribeye Steak is God's way of saying "You don't need sex to reach eurphoria. In fact, this might be a little better"

But sure, if you can make crickets approach that high bar, I'd consider trying it. But, I don't live in a third world nation during a drought after a bad years harvest, so I don't need or want to eat bugs at any time.

Here's just half of this year's steaks I've had so far...I didn't take a photo of the others.

IMG_9317.thumb.jpg.ba84ebe8c31c7f08b2c52454d9cdc55f.jpg

IMG_9657.thumb.jpg.4c2ca1643aab21a148af9d9831de5f75.jpg

IMG_9415.thumb.jpg.fe39b55f583c846e12070cbd421f99ae.jpg

IMG_9737.thumb.jpg.0de45bce7b857c7861b451e6997f46ee.jpg

Edited by ThePhleo
  • Like 1

@MrWunderful also, I’m sorry I’m not trying to be over the top. I really do love steak, I’m an enthusiast.

I love feeding people at my house and if you and I ever cross paths I’d be more than happy to feed you too. I’ll even respect your diet of your choice.

I went out of my way for example and got a vegetarian friend a fresh pan just so I don’t cook meat with their food I prepped for them. If I had access to rabbi or imam, I’d even have one bless my kitchen to make it kosher for a Jewish friend, or Halal for an Islamic one.

Food is my favorite hobby, even moreso than Nintendo tapes.

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted
1 minute ago, ThePhleo said:

@MrWunderful also, I’m sorry I’m not trying to be over the top. I really do love steak, I’m an enthusiast.

I love feeding people at my house and if you and I ever cross paths I’d be more than happy to feed you too. I’ll even respect your diet of your choice.

I went out of my way for example and got a vegetarian friend a fresh pan just so I don’t cook meat with their food I prepped for them. If I had access to rabbi or imam, I’d even have one bless my kitchen to make it kosher for a Jewish friend, or Halal for an Islamic one.

Can you feed me? 🥺

29 minutes ago, ThePhleo said:

I appreciate the sentiment, thank you. But Im not a vegetarian, I had a 12oz wagyu sirloin at a steakhouse yesterday. Love meat, smoke tritips on my traeger often. Wife familys trade were butchers, so its big over there. 

But I could also not have meat ever- and eat vegetarian often just to change our diet up. 

But while I support most things “sustainable”, it would still have to taste good and be optional while supported by a free market  

In the mean time ill take a dry rubbed filet mignon med-rare thank you

• Love 1

And meanwhile in California...

'$5 million is too little:' Activists tell California reparations committee to aim higher

https://news.yahoo.com/5-million-too-little-activists-222456180.html

Activists on Wednesday demanded that the state of California pay millions of dollars to each Black resident in reparations as a way to make amends for slavery and subsequent discrimination, dismissing the idea of payments of $5 million per person as "nothing" and "too little."

Earlier this month, the San Francisco Board of Supervisors expressed "unanimous" support for a draft plan of more than 100 reparations recommendations for the city, including a proposal to dole out $5 million each to qualifying Black residents. The proposal would cost non-Black families in the city at least $600,000, according to Stanford University's Hoover Institution.

"I believe that 5 million in reparations is too little for the work that foundational Black Americans have done for this country and as well for other countries," one speaker said. "I believe that 7.6 million [dollars] is a number that can be used very wisely in our foundational Black American communities."

Another activist identified as Reverend Tony Pierce similarly said current reparations proposals aren't enough. "Where's the money? Where's the cash? Where's the check?" Pierce asked emphatically. "$5 million, San Francisco's already made a move. $5 million is nothing, and I'll tell you why."

California has about 2.25 million Black residents, and at $5 million, that will only cost around $11 trillion 🙃