IGNORED

Welcome to Video Game Sage!

Gloves

Graphics Team · Posted
On 10/25/2019 at 1:30 PM, Splain said:

So, any bets on when we'll get our first member who DIDN'T come from NA?

Although I've been reading NintendoAge threads for years, I never actually made an account, so I guess technically I "didn't come from NA" haha.

This new forum seemed like a great opportunity to join the community - huge thanks to everyone responsible for setting this place up!

-CasualCart

• Like 2

Administrator · Posted
25 minutes ago, CasualCart said:

Although I've been reading NintendoAge threads for years, I never actually made an account, so I guess technically I "didn't come from NA" haha.

This new forum seemed like a great opportunity to join the community - huge thanks to everyone responsible for setting this place up!

-CasualCart

Welcome to VGS!  It is great to have you here with us and I hope you'll feel engaged and welcome to contribute / chat with us.  I know that we had a lot of lurkers over at NA, for many different reasons - and while that is perfectly fine, we want people to join us and participate in conversations and activities. 

23 hours ago, terzdesign said:

So who created this site after NA dropped off the map, and when? Just out of curiousity. Or was it created a long time ago and we are just now discovering it?

I spoke to the timeline a bit in this thread

Gloves and I had the original conversation on deciding to move forward with a new site. Then a lot of NA alums were brought in for the planning.

• Like 3

It’s been roughly 4 weeks since the start of this site. Unbelievable amount of support shown from the NA masses!

Thanks Gloves, BA, and whoever else played a part to make the transitioning from NA seem seamless! Congrats on the amount of traffic thus far! Who wooda guess?

• 2 weeks later...

Great job with getting this new forum up and running! May it grow and become as awesome and alive as NA once was 🙂

According to my GoCollect profile I joined NA in October 2006. I haven't been particularly active the last few years but I've enjoyed to stop by every now and then and read up on what's been going on in the community. Today I was greeted by a page that I first thought was a maintenance page. It was sad to realise that the forum had been slaughtered, that GoCollect had done such a poor job migrating the site and that a lot of data was not accessible. I really hope they intend to make content such as the game databases available again and old forum threads properly structured. If you ask me, such content belongs in a museum to the community that created it, not the owner of the site.

Anyway, happy to join 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...