IGNORED

Anyone collect pokemon cards?

Fryer64

5 hours ago, VegaVegas said:

How about playing these cards in the first place?? I never played them myself so I never bothered. Considering that then you probably want to gather those that are strongest for gameplay

I play pokémon tgc online. its free from nintendo/pokemon. You can but real cards and use the included code to "import" tgem into the game, or do what I do and just keep playing and unlocking slowly over a very long period of time for free. I never knew anyone that played it so it was a great way to always have someone, more importantly someone skilled, to play against 

• 2 weeks later...

The mild panic in my social media feeds about the McDonalds Pokeman cards is bizarre. There are many 1000s of McDonalds in the US. Each of them will have many 1000s of Pokemon packs. People are panicking about buyouts and flippers. It is a McDonalds promo! There be millions of these cards. Truly reminiscent of the McDonalds beanie baby happy meals.

55 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

The mild panic in my social media feeds about the McDonalds Pokeman cards is bizarre. There are many 1000s of McDonalds in the US. Each of them will have many 1000s of Pokemon packs. People are panicking about buyouts and flippers. It is a McDonalds promo! There be millions of these cards. Truly reminiscent of the McDonalds beanie baby happy meals.

Were you around for the teenie beanie fiasco?   They blew through 5 weeks worth of toys in about a week and a half.

This reminds me of that exactly.   They're nowhere to be found around here.

• 4 weeks later...

I'd like to finish all my old sets from when I was a kid. I started back up a year or so ago but haven't bought anything in awhile. I am missing 6 cards from the base set, 13 from Jungle, and 14 from Fossill. I am okay with lightly played condition, so I'm hoping when I actually pick them up they will not cost too much. I own Charizard and Blastoise from back in the day so I think everything else is affoardable.

Edited by snes_collector

• 1 month later...

I used to rock the pokemon cards when I was in school and even a bit after

some of me and my brother @MashFan81 closest friends were all into it. We played a lot lol

Havent done anything with them in years but we still got all the cards (Mash can supply the pics, as he has them at his house lol)

• 10 months later...

Sold it all during the pokemon go craze. Bought up lots of cards over the next couple years I thought would do good, sold off a lot this year and bought some new stuff again. Pokemon cards are so nice to look at I could totally go all in if I didnt collect so much other stuff. I sometimes regret selling some of that stuff but i would rather have the money

• 3 weeks later...

My kids enjoy collecting them, but they are too young to keep them organized in any way.  A few months ago, I got sick of seeing all of their of cards piled up around the house, so I put everything together and sorted thousands of cards into separate generations.  Then I sorted into each deck.  They I put them in numerical order and separated out all of the duplicates and put the non duplicates into binders.  I even made custom artwork for the binders with the logos for each deck on the spine showing what is in each binder.  It was a crazy amount of work, and I felt like I was going to go blind looking at all of those super small card numbers and deck logos.  However, my kinds were pretty happy with the results, and they seem to have a better understanding of how everything works and they now take better care of their cards.  I also learned a lot about Pokemon cards.  Before, I understood the general concept of the different generations, but I had no idea how many different decks existed, each with their own numerical set of cards.  Plus all of the secret cards, and the foil and reverse foil cards.  

I'm glad I don't collect this stuff myself, but I get why others do.  

20221208_094654.jpg

Edited by TDIRunner
  • Like 2
  • Wow! 1

11 hours ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

Im only like 10 cards short of the rocket set. Of course I'm missing both Charizards so idk if I'll ever compete it. 

I actually won the non holo charizard. Local game shop did a thing where for 70p ($1) you could pick 1 card from a brand new pack. But you could only see the backs, after shuffling. Still love that card.  Do you have the secret rare too?

• 2 months later...
55 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

I need quick help-

i have ability to buy about 30 mixed of these packs-

CA7FA017-6F6B-4718-BD5C-595EE1AB5556.jpeg.628817b92d687c6680f55cf5dbb20041.jpeg

worth it? What would you offer

Absolutely worth picking up. My only fear when buying loose packs is that they were weighed on a scale to determine if a foil card is present. Pricing would be determined from there.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Count said:

Absolutely worth picking up. My only fear when buying loose packs is that they were weighed on a scale to determine if a foil card is present. Pricing would be determined from there.

Even though I don’t collect these, something feels off about them. Is there a way to tell if they are reseals or fakes?

4 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

Even though I don’t collect these, something feels off about them. Is there a way to tell if they are reseals or fakes?

If you feel off then you're probably right. Where did you find the seller? Do they have an asking price? Inspect the vertical seam on the back of the packs. Is it tight? Does it feel airy? 

17 minutes ago, The Count said:

If you feel off then you're probably right. Where did you find the seller? Do they have an asking price? Inspect the vertical seam on the back of the packs. Is it tight? Does it feel airy? 

A buddy of a coworker said he “found them in his grandmothers attic” 

He didn’t have a price in mind, but when I offered $100 a pack for five random packs of the fossil, his buddy stated that was a low ball. 

the length of the end seals is inconsistent and the hang tag holes aren’t fully punched.