IGNORED

Anyone collect pokemon cards?

Fryer64

36 minutes ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

Oh yeah I got 4 booster boxes of LO for $106 each. That giritina is going to be a grail for the foreseeable future. 

I actually just have been trying to get booster boxes for as close to distributor prices as I can for the last several months, maybe like 6-8 months. Distributors get bb for just under $80 when they buy a pallet so typically they will fire sell the last couple boxes on the pallet to make room for new stock. 

I agree tho. I think the Lugia from ST is undervalued right now and will be a chase card for years to come. 

I like brilliant stars, I just couldn't get a bb cheap enough to make it worth a hold imo. That Charizard is under rated. There has been such Charizard fatigue in the market. I think w these goofy sets they're printing now, people will appreciate the BS zard more.

For me tho it's all about the price I can buy em at. I used to be able to get bb for $85-90 in cash from my local card store before COVID. Now you don't budge under $100 on any box, most of the time they don't go under $125 so I had to hawk eBay for best offers and big distributors cutting prices as their inventory fluctuates.

I’m impressed my man. Nicely done. Very good insight.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@RegularGuyGamer I was a day late on the fusion strike. It literally happened over night. I meant to buy on at 150 and fell asleep. Next day cheapest was 200. I still picked it up just from experience here with the nes games. We all said samson was crazy at $400 so I was like ya let me go ahead and get one of these fusion strike at $200

I feel the same way. My craziest thought is that pokemon in general in undervalued. The COVID spike was the first pump it ever got and, to me, it was well deserved. This is the most recognized brand in the world regardless of genre. And collectors are relatively young. 

Stocks have an idea of market cap which is how much a stock is worth and how many shares there are. Market cap is how the size of the company is determined. If you look at cards similarly, the market cap for say Umbreon V alt art is more than a regular PSA 10 Charizard. It just shows that the interest in these recently released sets is way more than any vintage set, or even tag team sets. 

Nay Sayers talk about how these sets are over produced, etc. but I don't buy it. The more people are exposed to a set, the more people hold the set in high regard. The print size of the set mixed w the high prices to me show it's a lock in terms for future collect-ability