IGNORED

The Switch Thread

7 hours ago, NintendoTwizer said:

Thinking of taking advantage of Gamestops buy 5 Switch games for $50 deal.  Some good titles in the mix.  Anyone have luck ordering from them online?  I really don't want to end up with a bunch of loose Switch games or ones in generic cases.

Just keep in mind if you get a loose game you can always go to a local store and ask if they have a case for it. If they have it they will usually give it to you. Just show them what you received and ask nicely.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, cma2032 said:

Anyone know of a good source for replacement Switch game cases w/ legit artwork?

Alternatively, anyone want to trade a Tales of Vesperia empty case for a Mario Kart 8 empty case?

You might have luck in the Facebook group "Video Game Pieces: Lost, Found, Reunited". It's a group for finding components to complete your games. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cma2032 said:

Anyone know of a good source for replacement Switch game cases w/ legit artwork?

Alternatively, anyone want to trade a Tales of Vesperia empty case for a Mario Kart 8 empty case?

You can try seeing if your local gamestop has the case in their preowned games and ask to swap your empty case for the legit one. Ive done this a few times

Editorials Team · Posted

...looks like physicals for Legend of Heroes: Trails from Zero, Trails into Reverie, and Boundless Trails  are all up too.

...and Trails to Azure.  Jesus.

...and the new Life is Strange.

...and Turnip Boy Commits Tax Evasion.  Whatever that is😆

...and a first person dungeon crawler that looks cool called Undernauts.

Anyone still going for a full set?  Anyone?

Bside Games is closing theirs doors at the end of the month.  

https://b-sidegames.stores.jp/?utm_source=owner_mail_magazine&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=mail_magazine&utm_content=1

Their best game is probably Kamiko - everything seems to have English as an option except Ise Shima Mystery.

Edited by Tabonga

Wow so much physical coming for Switch with what Reed put there yesterday and the posts since.  I mean we can call this fan service, but at what point does this truly come to terms with being a push back against industry control freak garbage trying to force digital only?  Sure 2-3 years ago I'd agree it's niche, but now it's like one after another, any solid indie or even non-indie game that seems could move some seriously fair numbers, they're getting picked up and made.

17 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Wow so much physical coming for Switch with what Reed put there yesterday and the posts since.  I mean we can call this fan service, but at what point does this truly come to terms with being a push back against industry control freak garbage trying to force digital only?  Sure 2-3 years ago I'd agree it's niche, but now it's like one after another, any solid indie or even non-indie game that seems could move some seriously fair numbers, they're getting picked up and made.

It’s like vinyl records. The print runs are small but the market is there to buy them up. Still, most consumers are all-digital. Those of us with shelves full of plastic cases are weirdos.

6 minutes ago, MiamiSlice said:

It’s like vinyl records. The print runs are small but the market is there to buy them up. Still, most consumers are all-digital. Those of us with shelves full of plastic cases are weirdos.

Perhaps...but I have seen and beyond the hipster types people who are going back towards that.  Usually if asked, I see comments like things being erased/unlicensed off media devices and being lost.  Some (few admittedly) are learning the hard lesson and pushing back which is good.  Paying when it says BUY to discover an expensive rental is BS.

2 hours ago, Tabonga said:

This looks really interesting:

It can be pre-ordered through Playasia - (don't forget the discount code switchmania for 5% off).  Unfortunately it looks like it won't get over here until shortly after Halloween.

I still have the demo downloaded on my Wii U... though, i've never played it, haha.

Let me say collecting for the Switch has become pretty crazy with so many games already going for over $100 and are not even limited runs. Like if you told me my new Ultra Street Fighter 2 can sell for $150 now, I'd call you a nut. Good luck to you all full-set collectors for the future.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1