IGNORED

The Switch Thread

I just saw earlier today amazon lists Advance Wars 1+2 on site for a Dec 3rd release, seemingly a physical one because it's not listed as a digital download.

That's encouraging, I was wondering if they'd shortchange fans or do it right.  Hopefully not a placeholder but those usually get last day of the year.

2 hours ago, Tanooki said:

I just saw earlier today amazon lists Advance Wars 1+2 on site for a Dec 3rd release, seemingly a physical one because it's not listed as a digital download.

That's encouraging, I was wondering if they'd shortchange fans or do it right.  Hopefully not a placeholder but those usually get last day of the year.

It also lists free returns and lists it as shipping from Amazon. So very very likely a physical release. And that is not to say they may come up with a deluxe version of some sort in the meantime.

If that plays out I'd love to see what all gets included.  Sure the main 3 SOTN style games GBA got would fit, but the potential is also there for NES Classics Castlevania that's GBA too, but also the 3 previous 8bit Gameboy titles too if they want to round out some handheld bundle.

3 minutes ago, CodysGameRoom said:

I need to pick up another switch dock. Anyone have recommendations for the best option? Should I just go with Nintendo? Is there a good reliable 3rd party dock yet? Kind of shocking they are still $160, while a Switch itself is $300.

when I needed a second one, I was a little too worried about a 3rd party due to brick-scare. So I ended up just buying a refurb directly from Nintendo. I think it was ~$50 after shipping. (Note, this did not include the AC adapter or HDMI cable, but I had extras of both).

Another option MAY BE the Genki mini dock thingy that I've heard good things about?

• Like 3

5 hours ago, noiseredux said:

when I needed a second one, I was a little too worried about a 3rd party due to brick-scare. So I ended up just buying a refurb directly from Nintendo. I think it was ~$50 after shipping. (Note, this did not include the AC adapter or HDMI cable, but I had extras of both).

I like this idea. I'll look into it. Thanks!

Edit: Literally did this. $48 after shipping. Thanks @noiseredux !

Edited by CodysGameRoom
  • Like 2

It's been a while since I posted the updated list, so here we go

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18UCeKB0rLMvko4ZJjxm665hbqjpoD-7bxjX0i7OkKyU/edit?usp=sharing

Now Well over 850 games, and no signs of slowing down. Does anyone know how many games were released for the Wii? I think that would be the only Nintendo system the Switch might not have surpassed yet in games released.

Edited by LeatherRebel5150
  • Like 1

Administrator · Posted
9 minutes ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

It's been a while since I posted the updated list, so here we go

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18UCeKB0rLMvko4ZJjxm665hbqjpoD-7bxjX0i7OkKyU/edit?usp=sharing

Now Well over 850 games, and no signs of slowing down. Does anyone know how many games were released for the Wii? I think that would be the only Nintendo system the Switch might not have surpassed yet in games released.

The Wii has around 1600.

I'm still rocking my V1 launch system and wasn't planning on upgrading until some form of a "pro" system was released, but last night at target, I found a V2 in the clearance case. Cost me $215 out the door. Now if anyone is looking for a CIB hackable V1 with screen protector since day 1, hit me up.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Wow that little at Target for a Switch and in clearance?  That doesn't even compute given how some places can't seem to stock the things.  I'd pick one up considering the structural damage mine has from heat and stuff.

It had a "repackaged" sticker on it, so not technically clearance, but still. They also had a Oculus Quest 2 256gb for $275. If I wasn't looking to buy a house right now, I'd have gotten both. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

I wonder if the Switch will hold on long enough to top that

Not even worth comparing. The Wii went almost two years without an eShop. Back then, if you wanted to publish a game, you had to go physical. Now there’s a lot of games that are digital only. Sure, some of them would never have been picked up for printing if they had to be physical only, but it’s still apples and oranges.

@Aguy yeah I can see that, I'd have tried to figure it out the same if the cut is deep enough.  That's one of those, ugh...fine, go home and transfer paypal to bank account moments, then pay off credit card immediately situation if there ever was one.

...speaking of stuff that didn't go physical, until later, Castlevania collection ended about an hour ago on LRGs site.  I broke down, annoyed some, but got the $60 package because they would never answer what audio is there on that CD, but for the added $25 for it, and the sleeve I'll never care about, plus the reverseable poster (18"x24") I can mount on a wall easy in one of those cheap hobby lobby frames it's worth the gamble.  I mean, when is castlevania music trash, especially when you do a colleciton as that's usually the highlights.  Hopefully it has like 10+ tracks, not some dumb 4 track sampler they were being coy about.

• Like 1