IGNORED

The Switch Thread

Editorials Team · Posted
19 hours ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

I need must play titles guys. Like desert island type recommendations. Even if they're remakes or remaster, even if they're on other consoles. What games are in the library that you'd be pissed if you didn't get to play?

Slay the Spire

Darkest Dungeon (huge learning curve)

Dark Souls

• Like 2

4 hours ago, fox said:

Got my OLED Switch pre-ordered from Target 😅

Same here. I tried bestbuy and gamestop but they were swarmed!  Target i got fortunate and got the white version (which was what i wanted). Checked literally 5 minutes later and they were all sold out!  So i hit it just in time

already saw scalpers posting them on ebay for 2x’s the price

• Wow! 1

Had a little free time today and decided it was finally time for me to play Donut County. What a treat that turned out to be. My only gripe is it's very linear, so not a lot of replay value unlike say Katamari Damacy which is not so linear. But I'm going to get my wife to play through the story too. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/20/2021 at 5:40 PM, DoctorEncore said:

Good choice! Game is pretty good, although the back half turns into a bit of a chore. Make sure you play the free DLC, though. It was actually my favorite part of the game since it adds a lot of new enemies and challenging areas.

Did you like The Messenger more than Hollow Knight?

• Like 1

On 7/30/2021 at 10:13 PM, Californication said:

Did you like The Messenger more than Hollow Knight?

Hmmmm.. that's a great question. I think I enjoyed them equally. I thought they were both good in their own right. Although now that I think about it, they did both have similar problems with pacing and backtracking, albeit in different portions of the game (Hollow Knight struggled early and the Messenger struggled late).

I would definitely play a sequel to both of them.

3 hours ago, NintendoTwizer said:

Thinking of taking advantage of Gamestops buy 5 Switch games for $50 deal.  Some good titles in the mix.  Anyone have luck ordering from them online?  I really don't want to end up with a bunch of loose Switch games or ones in generic caheyses.

You never know what you get - last time I did one of their specials on used games I got six with legit artwork and two with their generic paper work.  I was able to get reprinted ones to replace the missing ones at about $10 each (incuding shipping).  So overall I did ok - but I would have preferred knowing ahead of time what didn't have the covers - which is why I suspect they won't tell you.

7 hours ago, NintendoTwizer said:

Thinking of taking advantage of Gamestops buy 5 Switch games for $50 deal.  Some good titles in the mix.  Anyone have luck ordering from them online?  I really don't want to end up with a bunch of loose Switch games or ones in generic cases.

I buy from GS constantly. Over the past 37 games I bought online last month, 5 were loose. I tend to buy 2 copies of everything I want just in case one doesn't come with artwork. If it doesn't work out, you can still return in store, but with sales like these, even loose games can be sold/traded at a profit. FTR I bought 26 switch games yesterday between the 5/$50 and the 20% off 2 under $20 sales.

Edited by Aguy