IGNORED

The Switch Thread

3 minutes ago, Aguy said:

That being said, at least we don't have to listen to daily Switch rumors anymore.

The rumors will continue. They had that leak about Nintendo asking developers to make games 4K ready. If this system is using the same processing, then that question still has to be addressed.

Switch Pro may be around the corner. DSI-XL came to North America in March 2010, in the same time 3DS was announced and was on the shelves one year later.

1 hour ago, TDIRunner said:

I'll have to check that out.  Looks like my type of game as well.  

1 hour ago, Tabonga said:

I just did a pre-order on this - looks up my alley.

This is available on Xbox/PC Gamepass for those that want to try it out before physical release.

On 7/6/2021 at 1:46 PM, phart010 said:

The rumors will continue. They had that leak about Nintendo asking developers to make games 4K ready. If this system is using the same processing, then that question still has to be addressed.

Switch Pro may be around the corner. DSI-XL came to North America in March 2010, in the same time 3DS was announced and was on the shelves one year later.

Your DSI to 3DS analogy would mean you are expecting the Switch successor to be announced soon, no? This OLED Switch thing is a total dud for me. How are you going to slap in a new OLED screen which is bigger and still only output to 720p ffs? Don't get me wrong I bought a 65" OLED just last month and 4k and 1080 look amazing but on a 7" 720p screen? What a waste. I'm actually glad to be skipping an Nintendo console. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aguy said:

Besides the bump in resolution, this looks like a straight port from the Wii version. The box art on Target's website has a "Only at Target" logo, but I don't know if it's a real exclusive or store variant.

https://www.target.com/p/active-life-outdoor-challenge-nintendo-switch/-/A-83498615#lnk=sametab

Don’t care, still gonna buy it 

On 7/6/2021 at 1:16 PM, jonebone said:

Yeah but this isn't just a handheld it's a console.  I play in console mode exclusively so bigger screen doesn't matter to me.  You'd have to get some kind of technological upgrade factored in if you're trying to appeal to the Switch as a console crowd.  This is targeted for the handheld crowd I suppose.

Its a handheld console that can be docked. If it was a home console, it'd be better. The limiting factor is portability. Its the constrain on the hardware so it's just how it needs to be perceived. 

• Like 1

On 7/7/2021 at 11:49 AM, Californication said:

Anyone played Kaze and the Wild Masks? Wondering if there is any challenge.

I cracked it open yesterday and started playing so I could answer your question. Best way I can describe it is, it's a lot like Donkey Kong Country, and Kaze controls very much like Dixie Kong. I got through the first four levels and it was pretty similar in terms of difficulty, with the exception that there's no lives... when you die you just go back to the last checkpoint. It's a good game!

On 7/8/2021 at 8:00 AM, a3quit4s said:

Your DSI to 3DS analogy would mean you are expecting the Switch successor to be announced soon, no? This OLED Switch thing is a total dud for me. How are you going to slap in a new OLED screen which is bigger and still only output to 720p ffs? Don't get me wrong I bought a 65" OLED just last month and 4k and 1080 look amazing but on a 7" 720p screen? What a waste. I'm actually glad to be skipping an Nintendo console. 

Yeah if I had to take a guess, I would say within one year from October 8 2021 we will see a switch pro on the store shelves.

2 hours ago, MiamiSlice said:

I cracked it open yesterday and started playing so I could answer your question. Best way I can describe it is, it's a lot like Donkey Kong Country, and Kaze controls very much like Dixie Kong. I got through the first four levels and it was pretty similar in terms of difficulty, with the exception that there's no lives... when you die you just go back to the last checkpoint. It's a good game!

Cool, ty. So in terms of challenge  does that mean you don't beat every level on the first run?

3 minutes ago, Californication said:

Cool, ty. So in terms of challenge  does that mean you don't beat every level on the first run?

Like are you asking if I was able to breeze through each level? No, there were some tricky parts, and there's one level that I couldn't find the bonuses, and will have to go back to. 

On 7/6/2021 at 11:01 AM, Aguy said:

New Switch model announced. Bigger OLED screen, same internals.

Huge disappointment for me. I would have paid a significant amount of money for a slightly more powerful Switch so that games could actually run at 720p/60 and 1080p/30. The performance on the machine is downright embarrassing at this point.

I'm not even asking for games to target a more powerful machine. Just give me a modest performance boost and target the standard Switch. Nintendo is so frustrating. Ugh.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

Huge disappointment for me. I would have paid a significant amount of money for a slightly more powerful Switch so that games could actually run at 720p/60 and 1080p/30. The performance on the machine is downright embarrassing at this point.

I'm not even asking for games to target a more powerful machine. Just give me a modest performance boost and target the standard Switch. Nintendo is so frustrating. Ugh.

Agreed. I don't need improved graphics, just stable 720p handheld and 1080p docked gameplay.

• Like 2

I'm sure it was brought up after the E3 bit but Crusin Blast looks amazing unlike most the other prequels after the original.  But not just that the arcade game is in there, but they went the extra mile and made this big mess of cars, non-car mythical or extinct stuff, a ton of more tracks, unlockable keys and cash to get upgrades etc.  Unless it ends up having crap controls or some other odd issues, it should be a hell of a ride and it seems it's like a $30-40 game too which is a nice bonus.  Seriously looking to buy this I think, and I don't even really do racers anymore.

I was thinking today about Switch misprints. The only two I am aware of are Darksiders Warmastered (although I think the black spine was completely intentional) and Nickelodeon Kart Racers (misspelled as Nickleodeon). Are there any others?

EDIT: I just found out there's a run of Gal Gun 2 with Wild Guns artwork printed on the inside cover.

Edited by Aguy

11 hours ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

I need must play titles guys. Like desert island type recommendations. Even if they're remakes or remaster, even if they're on other consoles. What games are in the library that you'd be pissed if you didn't get to play?

First thing that popped in my mind, Fire Emblem: Three Houses. I finally played that one last month, and through my 30 or so hours with it, I was legit upset with myself for waiting two years to get around to it.

• Thanks 1