IGNORED

The Switch Thread

Editorials Team · Posted
1 hour ago, Skorp said:

Let me say collecting for the Switch has become pretty crazy with so many games already going for over $100 and are not even limited runs. Like if you told me my new Ultra Street Fighter 2 can sell for $150 now, I'd call you a nut. Good luck to you all full-set collectors for the future.

Hey, the man returns.

Buy low, sell high, and hope for reprints.

• Love 1

Slayer's still while nice to see on Switch, I fear that would be the case... digital rental.  Definitely wouldn't buy it in that case, and really I wouldn't anyway.  Already have Doom 64 LRG, Doom 1-3 coming from LRG and own 2016.  Eternal is being ignored for physical and not part of the pack so I'm covered. 😄

Also we had that related thread where you have a popular game people gush over, but can't get into, I commented about Witcher 3 and saw I wasn't alone.  I've put just 3-4 hours on it, and I can't get into it, story seems awesome but the mechanics just feel a mix of dated and just boring, more of a chore than fun to explore -- it's a goner, put Golf Story back into my system, time to get into that again I guess. 😉

Social Team · Posted
6 hours ago, Tabonga said:

Kinda like Christmas in August.  I had ordered the signature edition of this from Strictly Limited Games back in September of 2020.  I had forgotten about it - i got an email that it is on the way.

I can't find it on their store!! 😭😭😭

Also I see that they did PSVR game release.....how many more companies are there that do limited releases of physical games for PSVR.  I'm going to full set and DON'T want to buy 3rd part after they are marked up if I can avoid it.

3 hours ago, FireHazard51 said:

I can't find it on their store!! 😭😭😭

Also I see that they did PSVR game release.....how many more companies are there that do limited releases of physical games for PSVR.  I'm going to full set and DON'T want to buy 3rd part after they are marked up if I can avoid it.

Sorry - it was actually Special Reserve Games - the names kinda all run together after awhile.

Looks like they have a few left - it is somewhat pricey though.

https://specialreservegames.com/the-swords-of-ditto-mormos-curse-signature-edition/

Social Team · Posted
3 hours ago, Tabonga said:

Sorry - it was actually Special Reserve Games - the names kinda all run together after awhile.

Looks like they have a few left - it is somewhat pricey though.

https://specialreservegames.com/the-swords-of-ditto-mormos-curse-signature-edition/

I think I'll get the digital version...

poor john travolta GIF

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, MiamiSlice said:

Curse of the Moon or Ritual of the Night?

RItual.  I would get CotM but the predator price is a put off, also why I didn't buy the 2nd physical as it would bug me further.

My next Switch game probably will end up being Diablo 2, just depends how it works out.  My brother works for one of the companies owned by the big huge fish that controls various others on paper so I likely will end up with a code for it on there and battlenet too. 🙂

I guess it's sad but nothing has come out to make me bother that I found worth keeping in awhile, but in fairness, part of it is the lack of time to knock off what I do have (and more so, motivation.)

18 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

RItual.  I would get CotM but the predator price is a put off, also why I didn't buy the 2nd physical as it would bug me further.

My next Switch game probably will end up being Diablo 2, just depends how it works out.  My brother works for one of the companies owned by the big huge fish that controls various others on paper so I likely will end up with a code for it on there and battlenet too. 🙂

I guess it's sad but nothing has come out to make me bother that I found worth keeping in awhile, but in fairness, part of it is the lack of time to knock off what I do have (and more so, motivation.)

Ok. Just FYI, Ritual of the Night is not as good from what I’ve heard. 

2 minutes ago, MiamiSlice said:

Ok. Just FYI, Ritual of the Night is not as good from what I’ve heard. 

I've read that, not sure if they ever updated the actual physical release itself, but they repaired the game in downloads going well into many many months after it came out.  Sure it won't go over like 1080p docked/720p handheld so it'll fall short of the PC version, but that's fine.  I know they cleaned up the stability of the frame rate and some jacked up texture issues from early on.