IGNORED

What are you drinking?

Reed Rothchild

Administrator · Posted
On 10/2/2021 at 6:16 PM, SailorScoutMandy said:

Not normally a big soda drinker but these are realllllly good. 

The cherry is a tart cherry, doesn't taste like sugar syrup like other cherry sodas. The cream soda is just yum. 

IMG_20211002_181326887.thumb.jpg.966a4ff6402ff1abb05ac1727fd23025.jpg

Yes, but were they wedding sodas?

Administrator · Posted
1 minute ago, SailorScoutMandy said:

Lol naww. The brewery made an awesome root beer but they don't bottle it. 😞

Boooooooooooooooooooo

Should have told them you were about to be a newlywed; they may have made a custom crowler for you?

Also, I agree that Pepsi cream soda is amazing.  I need to see if they have a diet one.

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

Not gonna lie, this sounds terrible. How was it? Anything to compare to?

It was ok, low hopped strong ale, sweet but not cloyingly so. The barrel aging added a nice depth of flavor, also taking the sweetness a notch down. Probably best as an after dinner aperitif than a real drinker. Not my favorite from them, but not horrible.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, drxandy said:

It was ok, low hopped strong ale, sweet but not cloyingly so. The barrel aging added a nice depth of flavor, also taking the sweetness a notch down. Probably best as an after dinner aperitif than a real drinker. Not my favorite from them, but not horrible.

Sounds pretty good. I was worried about the sweet potatoes adding too much sweetness to the flavor profile. It makes sense the barrel aging would help push it towards a more alcohol taste as opposed to a sugary flavor.

Edited by DoctorEncore
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

A few weeks ago I bought 45+ bananas. I murdered them all.

Started some banana wine. Of course it's not ready to properly drink, I'll have a sample maybe next week 🙂

I also started a 20L batch of Frankfurt-style apple wine  (ebbylvoi), though it was from juice cartons, apples are expensive here and are mostly just shit Washington apples.

IMG20211210173316.jpg

IMG20211210173901.jpg

IMG20211210174555.jpg

IMG20211210182610.jpg

IMG20211210211420.jpg

• Like 2
  • Wow! 2
  • Love 1

Omg yesss @fcgamerI'm super interested in how the banana wine turns out, do you have a hydrometer or way to measure the sugar content? I wanna know how much ferments out!! Are you using yeast from the skins or a wine yeast? I haven't brewed in a long time but I started out with the apple juice wine and it's pretty dang drinkable stuff.

Social Team · Posted
7 hours ago, fcgamer said:

A few weeks ago I bought 45+ bananas. I murdered them all.

Started some banana wine. Of course it's not ready to properly drink, I'll have a sample maybe next week 🙂

I also started a 20L batch of Frankfurt-style apple wine  (ebbylvoi), though it was from juice cartons, apples are expensive here and are mostly just shit Washington apples.

IMG20211210173316.jpg

IMG20211210173901.jpg

IMG20211210174555.jpg

IMG20211210182610.jpg

IMG20211210211420.jpg

I prefer 99 Bananas 

Spoiler

228582_1_1_1.jpg

• Wow! 1
  • Agree 1

Chinese green tea. Here’s a recipe how to make it: 1)Heat water, boil a cup in which you will brew tea. 2)Pour the leaves into a teapot. 1 teaspoon per 1 glass of water will be enough. 3)Fill with water, wait 20-40 seconds and pour out the water. This will clean the teapot from dust and foreign odors. 4) Then fill again with water and leave to infuse for about 2 minutes. This will be enough for the first brew. For each subsequent exposure time increase by 15-20 seconds. You can brew green tea at least 5 times, some varieties up to 8 times. In this case, each cup will differ in aroma, taste, color of the drink.

• Like 1

Some fru fru shit… idk. If I start with my choice it will be a 12 pack and passed out. Been on the wagon for quite a while….reasons…..

right now I’m burning the midnight oil playing Saint Nick, swing set. Not to bad actually, the swing set assembly. The beer sucks. Was watching gaming off the grid (they aight) and found myself at Whole Foods. I know nothing of craft beer.

08988861-2C8E-43C6-B002-1C7B84DA0A67.jpeg

Edited by docile tapeworm
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4