IGNORED

What are you drinking?

Reed Rothchild

8 hours ago, Kguillemette said:

Alts might be my favorite style. I wish more breweries made them rather than a contest to who can ram the most hops in a bottle!

I should drink more of these, can't say I'm a big fan of the style but I haven't drank enough alts either to be fair.

Definitely agree about that hops thing though! 

• Like 1

Polished off a 龍眼 (Longan) Stout this afternoon, from a local brewery.

Simply put, it was delicious.

Especially living in such a hot and humid environment as Taiwan, I don't generally drink stouts or porters here, as the combination can just be too much, despite me enjoying both styles.

This one nailed it though, really smooth, and I'd say it was only middle-bodied, making this very very drinkable for the climate. I'll definitely get this one again at some point, and highly recommend it 🙂

IMG20210628174210.jpg

IMG20210628174230.jpg

IMG20210628174239.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, fcgamer said:

Aaaand on a different note, does anyone else here hate drinking cold stouts?

Oh absolutely, way too muted of flavor ice cold. If I'm having a heavy one that I want to enjoy I'll pour in advance to bring it to temp. I like em cool to room temperature. Our climate is perfect for the big roasty stuff half the year.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, drxandy said:

Oh absolutely, way too muted of flavor ice cold. If I'm having a heavy one that I want to enjoy I'll pour in advance to bring it to temp. I like em cool to room temperature. Our climate is perfect for the big roasty stuff half the year.

The convenience stores here (and some bars / restaurants) always have their stouts at the same temperature as the lagers / other beers, it really drives me crazy as drinking them cold just ruins it.

7 hours ago, fcgamer said:

The convenience stores here (and some bars / restaurants) always have their stouts at the same temperature as the lagers / other beers, it really drives me crazy as drinking them cold just ruins it.

Bring it home, pour it, and let it open up for a few minutes. I'm not a stout guy myself, with the exception made for strong imperial stouts. The added heat from a high abv balances a stout nicely. Avery Czar and North Coast Old Rasputin are excellent examples of imperial stouts brewed to style off the top of my head. Not sure what's in Taiwan though.

Tonight though it's a Vienna lager. This one is delicious and comparable to the one made by Devil's backbone in VA. Very well balanced.

16249197757156813609070975798561.jpg

• Like 3