IGNORED

What are you drinking?

Reed Rothchild

6 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

A local Cincy beer with part of the proceeds going to the Bearcats athletic department.

2fc8cc9fd66931a98001eefba158f9be_640x640

UC has like a billion dollar endowment, surely we can find some kids or something to donate to lol

https://www.uc.edu/about/admin-finance/finance/investment/history-of-the-endowment.html

6 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

UC has like a billion dollar endowment, surely we can find some kids or something to donate to lol

https://www.uc.edu/about/admin-finance/finance/investment/history-of-the-endowment.html

Gotta pay those student athletes somehow!

https://cincylight.com/2023/05/cincy-reigns-and-rhinegeist-announce-a-multifaceted-partnership/

• 2 weeks later...

image.jpeg.69c50d143b1a8df6c933e7d1fc2545b8.jpeg

Currently drinking some Ice cold, caffeine-free soda. I sometimes put it in the freezer for an hour or two. Orange, grape, and Sprite are my favorites. I usually drink plain water, but when I want something that has flavor and is less boring I drink soda.

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Like 2

On 9/4/2023 at 6:49 PM, a3quit4s said:

It seems to be fairly popular since it keeps selling out everywhere. 

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/columnists/jason-williams/2023/09/14/cincinnati-bearcats-nil-how-rhinegeist-brewery-cincy-light-beer-has-taken-off/70847644007/

Doing My Part Reaction GIF

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

40 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Like I just hate to be a dick about it but doesn’t Ohio have bigger problems than giving money to already gifted athletes who are already standouts lmao

Editorials Team · Posted
1 minute ago, a3quit4s said:

Like I just hate to be a dick about it but doesn’t Ohio have bigger problems than giving money to already gifted athletes who are already standouts lmao

Probably a NIL thing.  That's the newest arms race to win football games.

4 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Probably a NIL thing.  That's the newest arms race to win football games.

Exactly. Proceeds from the beer go to Cincy Reigns, which is a NIL collective for the Bearcats. With UC in the Big 12 now, they need to raise money to compete when the Power 5 is down to a Power 4 with the PAC 12 collapse.

10 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

Not if they want to keep them. With NIL, college athletes are basically free agents open to the highest bidders after every season. That's how Deion Sanders went to coach at Colorado and replaced all but five or so players on a 1-11 football team before his first game.

22 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Exactly. Proceeds from the beer go to Cincy Reigns, which is a NIL collective for the Bearcats. With UC in the Big 12 now, they need to raise money to compete when the Power 5 is down to a Power 4 with the PAC 12 collapse.

Again, UC has like a billion dollar endowment lmao

Honesty the people buying the shitty beer probably need the money more than the charity

Edited by a3quit4s

30 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

Honesty the people buying the shitty beer probably need the money more than the charity

I'm guessing that goes to academic programs (along with their excellent on site hospital/medical facilities) and the extra outside money goes to the athletic departments. I don't see an issue there.

Editorials Team · Posted
37 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

It's not a charity.  It's a way to raise money to pay players to star in local ads, so that they'll choose your school.

It's hilariously stupid.

3 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

It's not a charity.  It's a way to raise money to pay players to star in local ads, so that they'll choose your school.

It's hilariously stupid.

https://www.si.com/fannation/college/cfb-hq/ncaa-football/college-football-nil-rule-changes-what-you-need-to-know

4 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

It's hilariously stupid.

It's more than that. One of the Bearcats offensive lineman already has a developmental deal with WWE. I don't like it, but it's just putting what was done under the table for decades out in the open.

On 9/26/2023 at 8:57 PM, JamesRobot said:

OJ, purple stuff...

QLffrut.jpg

Remember how cigarettes would be accused of marketing to kids?  I don't think SunnyD will have this problem.  I haven't seen SunnyD in the store in YEARS.  I don't think there will be any confusion over who this is marketed too.

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

Was browsing the supermarket at lunchtime, found some cold brew teas and bought a few.

First one was a peach black tea, the second is an Alishan tea made by the Taiwan railroad. Both have these nice tea bags in them, cut one open and the tea quality looks quite good.

Also it's nice as the expiration date on these is only about a week or so, compared to the shitty stuff that lasts for years.

IMG20231013123544.jpg

IMG20231013123551.jpg

IMG20231013131004.jpg

IMG20231013141146.jpg

IMG20231013141151.jpg

IMG20231013141205.jpg

IMG20231013141230.jpg

• Like 1