IGNORED

What are you drinking?

Reed Rothchild

On 4/10/2023 at 3:36 PM, MrWunderful said:

Wine tasting in Sonoma, CA. The “other” wine country, not too far from Napa. 74° and amazing. @ThePhleo is a wine guy, any others?3FE786DB-013C-4E29-9D12-4130DAE8C4F9.jpeg.caf901beb539c592eddcc27fdcdd5812.jpeg

I wouldn't say I'm a sophisticated wine guy. I'm more entry level, and just ask wherever I'm at what's the nicer stuff when I have some wine. Jealous of the setting and spread though!

I'm more of a Whiskey or Scotch blend enthusiast, and also for reference, I rarely drink for fun. I drink for tasting.

• Like 2

On 4/11/2023 at 3:36 AM, MrWunderful said:

Wine tasting in Sonoma, CA. The “other” wine country, not too far from Napa. 74° and amazing. @ThePhleo is a wine guy, any others?3FE786DB-013C-4E29-9D12-4130DAE8C4F9.jpeg.caf901beb539c592eddcc27fdcdd5812.jpeg

I quite like wine, though I generally only drink dry reds or fruit wines, with other varieties being primarily left for tasting only.

Used to work in a winery, also I've been making my own wine for years. When back in the States I'd often enjoy a glass or two with my father. I'd love to go wine tasting in California at some point.

I wonder what wine pairs well with Dongshan duck heads? Had a conversation about this with a buddy last week,bif I were still working at the winery I would have turned it into a running gag.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

I quite like wine, though I generally only drink dry reds or fruit wines, with other varieties being primarily left for tasting only.

Used to work in a winery, also I've been making my own wine for years. When back in the States I'd often enjoy a glass or two with my father. I'd love to go wine tasting in California at some point.

I wonder what wine pairs well with Dongshan duck heads? Had a conversation about this with a buddy last week,bif I were still working at the winery I would have turned it into a running gag.

You probably have a better palate than me (you too @ThePhleo ) because after a glass or two , all reds taste the same lol

I guess my favorite would be white, pinot grigio specifically. I like chardonnay too, but ultimately appreciate the flavors of beer a bit more, as I can define them easier. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

You probably have a better palate than me (you too @ThePhleo ) because after a glass or two , all reds taste the same lol

No, you're right.

After a while they all do just taste like bitter grape juice to me too.

My wife and I will sometimes make a good charcuterie board, and just pair it with a nice sweet wine, or even just make a sangria when we want something to pretend we're fancy.

4 minutes ago, ThePhleo said:

No, you're right.

After a while they all do just taste like bitter grape juice to me too.

My wife and I will sometimes make a good charcuterie board, and just pair it with a nice sweet wine, or even just make a sangria when we want something to pretend we're fancy.

You are fancy! 

2 hours ago, MrWunderful said:

I guess my favorite would be white, pinot grigio specifically. I like chardonnay too, but ultimately appreciate the flavors of beer a bit more, as I can define them easier. 

Whites have their place too, hot weather outdoors setting.

I love the different tastes of beer, the difference with wines is much more subtle in my mind 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, FireHazard51 said:

Did you use to drink Coke?  You know Cincinnati is a Coke town right?  Skyline is the only one who get's a pass because Mountain Dew is a perfect pair to a 3-way.

I drink Coke Zero usually. My dad drinks Diet Pepsi and I was over there when I had that. I do always get a Diet Dew with my 3 ways.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...