IGNORED

General Current Events/Political Discussion

MrWunderful

1 hour ago, Hammerfestus said:

So yeah I understand the folks whose comments amounted to buy stuff = money.  Point being you are not going to even begin to move the needle on manufacturing.  Nike goes American made only?  Nike goes out of business. Not that I don’t think that they shouldn’t.
Thanks to all knowing capitalism our economy has become based on usury.

You know, I'm really not convinced that's the case. What I am convinced is

Nike goes made in the USA only, Nike upper echelon of overpaid executives lose millions  = and that is why it won't happen

Yeah, New Balance is expensive, but given that it's about the same price as Nike (especially when on sale 🙂 

Next sneaker I purchase will be from New Balance (although I haven't worn sneakers in a long time)

Screenshot from 2020-07-04 20-51-47.png

Edited by avatar!

11 minutes ago, avatar! said:

You know, I'm really not convinced that's the case. What I am convinced is

Nike goes made in the USA only, Nike upper echelon of overpaid executives lose millions  = and that is why it won't happen

Yeah, New Balance is expensive, but given that it's about the same price as Nike (especially when on sale 🙂 

Next sneaker I purchase will be from New Balance (although I haven't worn sneakers in a long time)

Screenshot from 2020-07-04 20-51-47.png

New balance is much better quality than sh!tty Nike. Remember when Zion broke his shoe? That was a Nike shoe. The only shoe I've ever had a problem with is Nike. 

• Like 1

Just now, Rhino said:

New balance is much better quality than sh!tty Nike. Remember when Zion broke his shoe? That was a Nike shoe. The only shoe I've ever had a problem with is Nike. 

Oh for sure! I mean, Nike is all about advertisement. They pay players millions to wear their shoes and then rake in the dough. Quality is not a consideration, it's publicity. 

2 hours ago, avatar! said:

While undoubtedly the USA, like China, Russia, and numerous countries, "meddles" in the affairs of other countries (sometimes very unfortunately), you have not shown any evidence for your claim! You said "he U.S. is one of the biggest sources of violence and death in the world" and I pointed out what are the leading causes of violence and death in the world. I think it's pretty clear how that relates to the conversation you started. By the way, just to be clear, simply stating "the U.S. causes violence and death around the world" without any facts and evidence is asinine. I know that China, Russia, North Korea, Iran, and some other authoritarian countries would agree with you, but many countries would very much disagree with you as well. 

Lmao. Have you heard of the Iraq war? The Palestine-Israeli conflict? The Syrian war? If we are not directly killing people with troops or bullets and boms we are supplying governments like Israel and the non-government Syrian rebels with weapons. We kill people through sanctions in Russia, Iran, and Venezuela. We are a source of death and deatruction across the world.

No need to attack me. I haven't even gotten rude yet.

Edited by Californication
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rhino said:

You should look up what Russia does regarding wars and weapons. You'll have a good read. 

Honestly, I could care less. 

I made a simple, uncontroversial point, that it doesn't make sense to complain about one country's human rights violations because we have so many human rights violations and are allies with many people that commit human rights violations. To base your argument on a hypocritical stance is silly.

• Like 1

Just now, Californication said:

Lmao. Have you heard of the Iraq war? The Palestine-Israeli conflict? The Syrrian war? If we are not directly killing people with troops or bullets and boms we are supplying governments like Israel and the non-government Syrian rebels with weapons. We kill people through sanctions in Russia, Iran, and Venezuela. We are a source of death and deatruction across the world.

Nice appeal to emotion fallacy while showing NO evidence for anything you are purporting. Oh, don't get me wrong, I think many people would claim that the last Iraq war was a "mistake" in many ways. Of course, I'm sure you know how brutal Saddam Hussein's dictatorship was? DO YOU?? Or do you not care that he killed hundreds of thousands to millions...

And, how exactly do you blame what's happening with Israel and the Palestinians on the USA? I'm guessing you have absolutely no clue on the matter. I have read books on the subject, and in college studied the conflict in detail, and I have a friend who did his PhD on the conflict, so yeah, the way you're trying to simplify it is laughable.

We kill people through sanctions in Russia, Iran, and Venezuela. We are a source of death and deatruction across the world.

I want to see some sources on how we "kill people through sanctions". By the way, did you know that Russia, Iran, and Venezuela have their own sanctions! How about that. Guess in your book they're murderers all of them... but of course, you just hate the USA. Because, there are people like you that simply hate the USA. 

Just now, avatar! said:

Nice appeal to emotion fallacy while showing NO evidence for anything you are purporting. Oh, don't get me wrong, I think many people would claim that the last Iraq war was a "mistake" in many ways. Of course, I'm sure you know how brutal Saddam Hussein's dictatorship was? DO YOU?? Or do you not care that he killed hundreds of thousands to millions...

And, how exactly do you blame what's happening with Israel and the Palestinians on the USA? I'm guessing you have absolutely no clue on the matter. I have read books on the subject, and in college studied the conflict in detail, and I have a friend who did his PhD on the conflict, so yeah, the way you're trying to simplify it is laughable.

We kill people through sanctions in Russia, Iran, and Venezuela. We are a source of death and deatruction across the world.

I want to see some sources on how we "kill people through sanctions". By the way, did you know that Russia, Iran, and Venezuela have their own sanctions! How about that. Guess in your book they're murderers all of them... but of course, you just hate the USA. Because, there are people like you that simply hate the USA. 

How do you remember how to tie your shoes?

3 minutes ago, Californication said:

How do you remember how to tie your shoes?

Bravo, I was wondering how long it would take before you gave up any semblance of an actual argument and decided to be childish and call names or resort to other childish tactics because you really have nothing to add. 

Edited by avatar!

10 minutes ago, Californication said:

Honestly, I could care less. 

I made a simple, uncontroversial point, that it doesn't make sense to complain about one country's human rights violations because we have so many human rights violations and are allies with many people that commit human rights violations. To base your argument on a hypocritical stance is silly.

Could or couldn't care less?

• Wow! 1

• The title was changed to General Current Events /Political Discussion (Nike vs NB Thread)
Administrator · Posted
Just now, Kguillemette said:

I honestly never owned a pair of New Balance. They always seemed so middle class white suburban dad style.

Of course, that eventually became an accurate description of me. Might as well be who I am. Minus the low-key racist of course.

I knew a guy who once he got a pair of NB he was basically told exactly this - those are "such dad shoes". Kinda turned me off of em.