IGNORED

General Current Events/Political Discussion

MrWunderful

24 minutes ago, Gloves said:

They are, by dictionary terms, synonyms. Pedantics is literally the last thing this thread needs. Especially when you are patently incorrect.

Except they're actually completely different and it does matter. Could care less = you care a little and therefore could still care even less. Couldn't care less = you don't care at all and therefore cannot care any less.

• Wow! 1

1 minute ago, Gloves said:

I knew a guy who once he got a pair of NB he was basically told exactly this - those are "such dad shoes". Kinda turned me off of em.

I have a pair of new balance running shoes and they have held up 10x better than any Nike trash I ever owned.  Embrace your inner dad

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted
Just now, Rhino said:

Except they're actually completely different and it does matter. Could care less = you care a little and therefore could still care even less. Couldn't care less = you don't care at all and therefore cannot care any less.

It's called an evolving language. "I could care less" is SO widely used that it has become a synonym. I'm well aware of how this technically makes no sense in like a mathematical way but that's the beauty of language - unlike the political opinions of many, language evolves and changes.

Beyond that, it's not the discussion at hand. This thread is dedicated primarily to determining whether Nike or NB is the better shoe, so please try to stay on topic. Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Gloves said:

It's called an evolving language. "I could care less" is SO widely used that it has become a synonym. I'm well aware of how this technically makes no sense in like a mathematical way but that's the beauty of language - unlike the political opinions of many, language evolves and changes.

Beyond that, it's not the discussion at hand. This thread is dedicated primarily to determining whether Nike or NB is the better shoe, so please try to stay on topic. Thanks.

I am so sorry Mr Gloves. How ever may I repay you? Shall I wash your hands? Sorry, something something Nike New Balance Oasics Mizuno Saucony something something shoes feet walk run exercise something something non political opinion something something 4th of July Murrica something something sucks to be Canada eh

Edited by Rhino

Events Helper · Posted

Oooooooo shit.........dont you all bad mouth NEW BALANCE..........wait did something happen or are we just knocking people with new balance shoes????    New balance is all i wear boys, they are so comfy, and they hold together so well.  In fact i love them so much that I wear new balance steel toes at work...........

So that being said, do i need to boycott them or are we just bad mouthing people who wear them?  I dont want to not wear them, but if there is something im missing........please enlighten me, i have stayed away from this thread because i dont like political discussion.........

Events Helper · Posted
1 minute ago, Kguillemette said:

Nike does have real style though. And the comfort level out of the box is just second to none. Maybe if NB added a little edge to them I would be right on board! 

NB is so comfy who needs style, although they have some stylish shoes.

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted
2 minutes ago, Rhino said:

I am so sorry Mr Gloves. How ever may I repay you? Shall I wash your hands? Sorry, something something Nike new balance oasics Mizuno Saucony something something shoes feet walk run exercise something something non political opinion something something 4th of July Murrica something something sucks to be Canada eh

SOMEONE CALL AN AMBULANCE THIS RHINO IS HAVING A STROKE!

Just now, Jeevan said:

NB is so comfy who needs style, although they have some stylish shoes.

1 minute ago, Doctornick said:

We're all too old for edge here except for a handful of members.  New Balance is like the Mercedes for your foot while Nike is the Honda Civic.  It's a no brainier for comfort.

Got it. Old person car equals old person shoes. I'm sure ill see you driving a stingray after your mid life crisis.

Events Helper · Posted
1 minute ago, Kguillemette said:

Got it. Old person car equals old person shoes. I'm sure ill see you driving a stingray after your mid life crisis.

😞  im not old ur old

also, why would i spend a shit ton of money on shoes when i can get shoes for 60 bux that are so comfy 😛  haha, love my new balance, especially when they sell them buy one get one free or half off, 2 pairs of shoes for one pair of nike prices 🤣

Spoiler

If you haven't figured it out im a cheap bastard!!!!!

1 minute ago, Doctornick said:

Hell no man, luxury car = luxury shoe.  You are missing out but we will show you the light man

For the record I love my Honda.

And shoes for crews is my secret footwear weapon anyway. 35 dollar non slip shoe nets me 2 plus years, you just need an insole swap (I recommend Timberland) every year or so like transmission flush. Great on my back and knees, ample arch support. Solid. And I save $150 bucks to buy video games with.

Honda drivers, and for that matter, SFC wearers understand value. 

Events Helper · Posted
7 minutes ago, Kguillemette said:

For the record I love my Honda.

And shoes for crews is my secret footwear weapon anyway. 35 dollar non slip shoe nets me 2 plus years, you just need an insole swap (I recommend Timberland) every year or so like transmission flush. Great on my back and knees, ample arch support. Solid. And I save $150 bucks to buy video games with.

Honda drivers, and for that matter, SFC wearers understand value. 

I drive a honda, and also wear mercedes on my feet..........both are good value 🙂

• Like 1