IGNORED

Star Keeper - General Collector’s Discussion

Lambda

Homebrew Team · Posted
17 hours ago, Orab Games said:

If it is number, it is the LE. There are 100 LEs. Maybe a dozen or so of the others. @neodolphino might know exactly.

The first 20 copies of the LEs had the option to add custom text to the title screen I believe. Not all took that option. That is why I took 21.  Lowest non-custom game.

I don't recall exactly, but I feel like I remember about 125ish or so total. I think he did a small release on eBay first - something like 10-15? Then we convinced him to do the rest on NA with the first 20 having custom message (I originally was in line for one of those, but another member really wanted the custom message for his daughter - he relatively recently sold that one). I ended up with a non-custom one - don't recall the number of hand.

So far, what I have found is that there were for sure 3 GEs (Gift Editions) sold on eBay on August 3rd, 2014. Those 3 are clearly marked with GE v1.0 on the title screen. It also looks like the buyers name or something was written on the title screen as well. I'm going to keep digging as I know more were sold outside of the LEs.

On August 16, 2014, zxdplay said that two of the three GEs were purchased by NA members Majesty ZX and Proveaux. He wasn't for sure who the third person was.

On September 9th, Majesty ZX posted:
Proveaux just decided to get his to say "Gift Edition" where as mine says "Majesty ZX".

Edited by Orab Games

37 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

I want to say there was an RE that only sold 16 copies before he got shut down for some customs reason or something. Thats the one I had I think so maybe we bought the same one

Yeah that's the one. It wasn't the GE it was the RE. Might be cursed tho bc I got top dollar for it and the guy died like the next day. 

• Wow! 2

So, after sifting through hundreds of posts for a few hours, this is what I accumulated. I'm not 100% positive that this is correct. I say this because for some reason, @Ferris Bueller and stardust4ever (has an unboxing video of a GE edition on Youtube) may have gotten undocumented copies around the PayPal testing time. Can you confirm what went down there, Ferris? zxdplay made a comment that you 2 may not be interesting in LE copies anymore and you were going to back out until #100 opened back up for you.

3 Gift Editions sold on eBay August 3rd, 2014. At least 2 have custom text. (Majesty ZX, Proveaux, 3rd buyer unknown)
2 (maybe more) Unknown Editions sold through PayPal as a test on September 12, 2014. (acomicbookguyc and maybe Johnnyboy113?)(Maybe more GEs?)
100 LEs sold on NA. Still trying to find a final list. 1-20 have custom text. (#74 was sold on eBay)
1 Unknown Edition gifted\sold to Dain
16 Regular Editions sold on eBay

Total documented copies sold: 122

Edited by Orab Games
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

Has anyone actually beaten this game!

I have gotten to the moon boss, but I had a power outage and lost everything.  I farmed 1UPs throughout my game play to get to the end.  It's safe to say I've surpassed 90% of the game without the cheat code and it was very difficult to say the least.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RetroX85 said:

I have gotten to the moon boss, but I had a power outage and lost everything.  I farmed 1UPs throughout my game play to get to the end.  It's safe to say I've surpassed 90% of the game without the cheat code and it was very difficult to say the least.

I may be able to beat it fully with the 40 lives cheat code. Which I recommend anyone playing the game to use in an attempt to finish it.

I never posted an update back when I was grinding this game, but I made it to the final level (before the moon boss) and couldn't beat it. I was down to a single continue's worth of lives, and there was no way I could see myself getting through both waves of that level on 3 lives, so I gave up after a little bit.

I may go back to it at some point in the future because it would be a REALLY cool completion to have under my belt, but I haven't played it in months at this point. Very fun game, but damn challenging.

• Agree 1