IGNORED

Star Keeper - General Collector’s Discussion

Lambda

9 hours ago, RetroX85 said:

Just curious if anyone really remembers 87Arts last online communications or the last time anyone's really heard from him? 

...according to my gmail, I received shipping info directly from him on 10/24/14 for my RE copy. Kinda cool that he sent it out personally! I didn't have any real dialogue with him other than some NintendoAge private messages (which are long gone). All we talked about on NA was his overall concern on the best method for selling the game to the NA users (and others in the US). If I remember right his English was good, but not great, understandably. He seemed kinda overwhelmed with the whole process of getting the copies distributed. Given the circumstances, it's wild to think these even made it to the US.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, RetroX85 said:

Just curious if anyone really remembers 87Arts last online communications or the last time anyone's really heard from him? 

He came back to NA a few years after Star Keeper was released to share some music files from the game and mentioned that he was working on another game.  I don't think he posted again on NA after that.

• Like 1

Beat it again today, my third time since owning it.  Never had to do any life farming.  It is very beatable just relying on the unlimited continues.  Only important trick to the whole game is on world 8 wave 2 there is a new enemy called the dark master.  He is the only enemy in the entire game that has a different item drop rate to my knowledge.  He drops items 100% of the time.  So you can skip all the other enemies and only kill him to farm items.  He also has one of the most annoying attacks, acid rain.  It is imperative that you kill him first before he initiates his attack.

I can't be the only one who has beat this fantastic game, come on.  I challenge someone to post a picture of the end screen.

starkeeper1c.jpg

starkeeper2.jpg

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Plasma Man said:

Beat it again today, my third time since owning it.  Never had to do any life farming.  It is very beatable just relying on the unlimited continues.  Only important trick to the whole game is on world 8 wave 2 there is a new enemy called the dark master.  He is the only enemy in the entire game that has a different item drop rate to my knowledge.  He drops items 100% of the time.  So you can skip all the other enemies and only kill him to farm items.  He also has one of the most annoying attacks, acid rain.  It is imperative that you kill him first before he initiates his attack.

I can't be the only one who has beat this fantastic game, come on.  I challenge someone to post a picture of the end screen.

starkeeper1c.jpg

starkeeper2.jpg

Trust me, I was so close. I was at the Moon boss and a thunderstorm rolled through where I live. It knocked my power out. I will try to attempt a replay sometime again. But Congrats on beating this awesome game bro! 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

@zxdplay Thanks for showing up.  I stayed out of this thread because of the mystique around the game and the fall out it caused on the after market.  I very much would like to play it some day.  Will you try and sell the original again too?

I have a few other projects on this level I own as I mostly do not buy homebrew, but the quality here I feel crosses that barrier into more commercial quality which says a lot.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

@zxdplay Thanks for showing up.  I stayed out of this thread because of the mystique around the game and the fall out it caused on the after market.  I very much would like to play it some day.  Will you try and sell the original again too?

I have a few other projects on this level I own as I mostly do not buy homebrew, but the quality here I feel crosses that barrier into more commercial quality which says a lot.

It's too difficult to remake a copy, but there is another good option for everyone, see here

52 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

I'm very sorry for wrongly reporting you. I had intended to reply to you, but I accidentally clicked the report button. It's all my fault that my English is too difficult. Please don't take it to heart.
I used this website for the first time and I mistook "report" for "reply".

2 minutes ago, zxdplay said:

I'm very sorry for wrongly reporting you. I had intended to reply to you, but I accidentally clicked the report button. It's all my fault that my English is too difficult. Please don't take it to heart.
I used this website for the first time and I mistook "report" for "reply".

The admins are pretty cool around here, and so it @Tanooki.  I think you'll be find.

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...