IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

On 9/1/2023 at 9:08 AM, Code Monkey said:

When I saw this posted I immediately wanted to ask you where you got these boxes because NES-City was no longer producing them. I figured you'd be overloaded with everyone on this forum asking where you got these so I patiently waited for someone else to ask and see what the answer is. I'm amazed nobody else asked this question but where in the world did you find these boxes?

Is it possible to turn off quote notifications? If I message him directly, others won't have the knowledge.

I hadn't noticed my last post was in June so here we go.
I got a lot of stuff.
Since finishing the US GC fullset I also finished the Tectoy CIB Master System and Mega Drive fullsets and I'm starting to work on the Brazilian PS3 and Xbox 360 fullsets.

wOZVTWAh.jpg Tkf2fwfh.jpg CgUQJFkh.jpg JmnXcjAh.jpg 

Global Defense was the last game that I needed to finish the Tectoy Master System fullset.

BmDMMbOh.jpg

RmYLvSjh.jpg YbzJwIfh.jpg jfSae01h.jpg 

Pebble Beach Golf Links was the last game that I needed to finish the Tectoy Mega Drive fullset.

XivBUweh.jpg 

eoj4I4dh.jpg LLzkX1th.jpg sIay0yLh.jpg cQmDBGLh.jpg 8bAiO2Lh.jpg ulwEGjGh.jpg

• Like 9
  • Wow! 3
  • Love 1

For those of you in the St. Louis area, we have a new game store.  It's been open for about a month, but I was able to stop in today and check it out.  Probably one of the nicest looking gaming stores I've ever been in.  The guys running it are great and they are trying to host lost of gaming tournaments and social events.  I wish them the best and I've added them to our game store database.

Here are my pickups from my visit.  

20230908_135601.jpg

• Like 7

A long time ago I saw what I thought was a cheap listing for an obscure handheld system called a Gamate (turns out they just don't go for as much money in Mainland China), so I bought it thinking I might get into collecting for it. Years went by and I never bothered to buy a game to actually test it. I guess I kinda forgot about it. Recently I decided to fix that and nabbed a copy of Devil Castle for it. Thankfully the machine still works, though true to its reputation it is really hard to see much on the screen. I went ahead and took a video of the demo scene that autoplays for the game to show it off, though mine is a little beat up

Overall its a neat game system, but not one I think many people would enjoy playing due to the blurry screen. It also isn't something I'd recommend emulating because without any blur the extreme sprite flickering is pretty awful. I don't know of any emulators for it that have frame blending options, though I think Mister does have that, so I guess if you have one of those it could be neat to mess around with for a little bit

Bit is the name of the company that made this (alongside UMC). They made Atari 2600 stuff (original games and clone consoles) as well as some of the earliest Famicom clones. Bit Corp also made the very first Taiwanese Famicom game, Duck, which was released in NES format by HES. The Gamate was their last project. They managed to get it released all over the World, though it did not sell super well. It's kinda sad that a company that started out making kinda sketchy goods finally saved up enough to go legit and failed, but that's just how things work out sometimes. On a happier note, earlier this year the last undumped Gamate game was preserved, so that's cool

Gamate Unit.jpeg

Gamate Devil Castle.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 1

Hi folks, just modern stuff lately (the retro stuff should be here over the course of the next two weeks), but a few things have shown up in the last week or so:

KuXQPVvBTdaLY_uHXvPwJA.jpg.ada6d2d98a45c1b8dbe1ac1ce0a71703.jpg

I wanted the watch to use, so this edition has been pretty neat. Haven't had much time with the game so far, but interested to see where it goes in-between working on some backlog challenge games.

9PXJZiJoR8uJBxucYmcMyg.jpg.e3539af1c72aacff8f067ea2c5b88f87.jpg

Good 'ol Limited Run...only a took a year for this to arrive, lol. Funnily enough, I never saw the Shredder Playmates action figure in stores to buy, so I had to trade with another kid for the one I have. Pretty cool then that this edition comes with a Playmates Shredder!

WP_cwnZjQTSl1mPFXTFt7Q.jpg.f66ca31361bc34c0353f8426bf1d7fad.jpg

And of course, there had to be a couple STGs and a run-and-gun to round out the gets 😉

*********************************************************************************************

Happy hunting folks!

• Like 9

@Ankos Wow nice a Gamate, rarely see that brought up.  Like you I've had an interest, just never see them when I do look, or it's someone fishing which means I avoid it.  I know from what I've dug up it's more gameboy like than the supervision I have is, at least a little.  Mega Duck is another I've been very interested in, its games seem to look more like the Gamate too.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

@Ankos Wow nice a Gamate, rarely see that brought up.  Like you I've had an interest, just never see them when I do look, or it's someone fishing which means I avoid it.  I know from what I've dug up it's more gameboy like than the supervision I have is, at least a little.  Mega Duck is another I've been very interested in, its games seem to look more like the Gamate too.

It certainly isn't the sort of thing that you'd want to buy on eBay. The cards themselves aren't too bad, but the systems are always super expensive there. The one I bought was only 150 RMB or roughly 20 USD (plus whatever I paid in agent fees)

16 minutes ago, Ankos said:

It certainly isn't the sort of thing that you'd want to buy on eBay. The cards themselves aren't too bad, but the systems are always super expensive there. The one I bought was only 150 RMB or roughly 20 USD (plus whatever I paid in agent fees)

That's directly why I don't have one, because ebay is a cesspool.  I figure if fcgamer ever came across a spare he'd let me know, otherwise I can do without.

WOWOW @a3quit4s  Good move on that.  I wish I had that, not that I don't like the blockbuster case, but it is the original.  Too late to do it now unless luck strikes.

Speaking of luck...flea market today treated me well, and as a bonus I was able to recover a SNES game covered in 4 layers of sadistic evil level blockbuster hell which took around an hour.  That game, Final Fantasy 2.  Sticker/clear tape over the top of the label into the rear, then the 2 pure evil blue/yellow/white wrap arounds on both of the sides around the back onto that sticker, then an earlier VOID style shiny on the front with found sharpie under that.  I took an utter turd and made it look almost new. 🙂  My thumbs hurt but $5 for $50-60 why yes!  THen there was GB Centipede I found in a bag for a dollar, and for $22 Fighting Force 64+Sonic Spinball (Gen) too.  Yesterday...long hunt over (local as online is easy) Lunar Legend for GBA which I'm currently picking away at.  I can post the blockbuster devastation on discord if anyone cares. 😉

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tanooki said:

WOWOW @a3quit4s  Good move on that.  I wish I had that, not that I don't like the blockbuster case, but it is the original.  Too late to do it now unless luck strikes.

Speaking of luck...flea market today treated me well, and as a bonus I was able to recover a SNES game covered in 4 layers of sadistic evil level blockbuster hell which took around an hour.  That game, Final Fantasy 2.  Sticker/clear tape over the top of the label into the rear, then the 2 pure evil blue/yellow/white wrap arounds on both of the sides around the back onto that sticker, then an earlier VOID style shiny on the front with found sharpie under that.  I took an utter turd and made it look almost new. 🙂  My thumbs hurt but $5 for $50-60 why yes!  THen there was GB Centipede I found in a bag for a dollar, and for $22 Fighting Force 64+Sonic Spinball (Gen) too.  Yesterday...long hunt over (local as online is easy) Lunar Legend for GBA which I'm currently picking away at.  I can post the blockbuster devastation on discord if anyone cares. 😉

He was selling it complete for $700 with the VB console and everything. It would have been cool to have a matching serial number with the box and console but I’d have to go through sending out it out to get it soldered again by NES Freak and I really just wanted the box and inserts. 

10 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

He was selling it complete for $700 with the VB console and everything. It would have been cool to have a matching serial number with the box and console but I’d have to go through sending out it out to get it soldered again by NES Freak and I really just wanted the box and inserts. 

Yeah I could see that, not fun.  I probably would have done it though, re-couped $300-400 of it selling the solder fixed VB that didn't match, but I get it entirely.  I've basically give up on boxes, just not something I want to lose money on for prestige I don't care about.  If I get one without taking a beating, local, fine, but that's it.  That's how I have a 101 Graphite, cost me $70 before the stupid virus and it's nearly new in the box, or when I got an Action Set(orange zapper) box and all paper inserts and most wiring for like $20 at a final day estate sale and backward build the full package for $50.:)  There are ways, but VB's just do not show up around here but rarely, and usually thrashed.

• Like 1

Some more GBA added and two GB games. The Simpsons game is a rather rare CIB for the Japanese set so I was happy to finally tick that one off. Apparently the game sucks though.

Also, I have to say how much I hate the inconsistent box sizes of Japanese GB games. I don't know if this is an issue for the US GB boxes but the Japanese ones could never decide if they were going small, medium or large so they look awful on a shelf. GBA got it right, all uniform size.

IMG_5996.JPG.c3eb4fd0beb16f80005c8888f3375242.JPG

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Brickman said:

Some more GBA added and two GB games. The Simpsons game is a rather rare CIB for the Japanese set so I was happy to finally tick that one off. Apparently the game sucks though.

Also, I have to say how much I hate the inconsistent box sizes of Japanese GB games. I don't know if this is an issue for the US GB boxes but the Japanese ones could never decide if they were going small, medium or large so they look awful on a shelf. GBA got it right, all uniform size.

IMG_5996.JPG.c3eb4fd0beb16f80005c8888f3375242.JPG

nope japan is the only region that had diff sizes rest of the world used the usa size. and that all the way to DS... jpn just did not like the same size for anything......

18 minutes ago, JVOSS said:

nope japan is the only region that had diff sizes rest of the world used the usa size. and that all the way to DS... jpn just did not like the same size for anything......

Thought so. The Shikakei Atama o Kore Kusuru games are the worst offenders, the boxes are huge, definitely throws off the uniformity. Thankfully after the original GB they went with uniform boxes for their handhelds.