IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

Just in time for the weekend, I made a trip to GS for Advanced Wars and two packages showed up: one from VGP, and the other from my box in the US! Finally, Mega Man Battle Network collection is in my hands, and I've been very curious about the Bayonetta Origins game. My sister ordered copies of the Tales of Symphonia remaster w/steelbook for herself, my brother and I, and the Octopath Traveller II special edition from the SE shop has been something I've really been looking forward to as I'm currently 50 hours into the first game; that Octopath cover is absolutely gorgeous!!!

zoi9hgMVTMSk4sP2WT_pBw.jpg.117bde9e0455b1efd9167c759df05c72.jpg

At long last - it only took them from December until now even though the were in stock at the time of order - the 'Works' books arrived! I'm looking forward to reading these; the Game Boy books are awesome, so I'm expecting these will follow suit.

...and then the one that I thought had gotten away: the first issue of the Shiro fanzine! Somehow, I'd missed that the Shiro crew had these available at PRGE in the Saturn Lounge they'd set up, but I was listening to their podcast recently and found out they still had a small number of issues left. As a big Saturn fan, I'm very excited to read through this mag; the articles look really fun!

X7HFbFucSDe9dU2rRuOumg.thumb.jpg.9efc3d00c27bdf62fb89b0cbae9fc8ff.jpg

And that's it for now. Thanks, and have a great weekend everyone!

• Like 8

I'm not done yet! I had a day off today, so I took my bus pass and went to the far away game store that I didn't check last time. I did very well as you'll see!

UltraGamesFront.png.b88936cf4a8e3c142ca4edfb7ce03de3.png

UltraSideShelf.png.76c06b1bc571b26a450dfb0c5d72cd7e.png

UltraGamesCorner.png.d13ec43ae57a069c0d1b29e914e606ab.png

Gyruss was $60 Canadian, ($44 US) Base Wars was $40 Canadian ($29 US), and Metal Gear was a special bargain price due to it's condition, and I couldn't pass up the chance!

MetalGearNoTop.png.ac845765d9c29a085cf361cb7a435bb3.png

Since I am only collecting for myself and not to sell later, I am okay with having damaged copies of games if the price is good. What I care about the most is crushing and creasing, and there was none of that on this box. If I can save money and still have it look nice on a shelf, I'm okay with games that have damage. Solid Snake doesn't need to have his top on if you ask me! 🤣

It also had the map, which will be helpful as I have never played this game. The map, game and manual alone should cost more than $40.00, ($29 US) so it was a bargain even if it hadn't come with the box!

KonamiShelf.png.b8dfa65c0c3b5c648d63c37e3ff42926.png

Looks good to me! 😊

Also why is Gyruss not thought of as an all time NES classic? IT'S SO GOOD! It's one of my childhood favourites, and how I learned about Ultra games "secretly" being Konami.

Edited by Jynx
  • Like 10
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 3

Silent Hill 3 and Shattered Memories are my favourites. 💛 Silent Hill 1 is amazing, but I don't like playing it as much because I get too scared! XD

The first one is very good at what it does, better than the rest of the series. Every perfectly awful noise puts me on edge.

Has anyone here played through the whole game of Silent Hill 2 HD with the new voices? Maybe I should try to find a full game video of that. I never bothered to look it up before, but it might be interesting to watch. 🤔

Also look out! Here they come! 🛸🛸🛸🐶

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted
19 minutes ago, Jynx said:

Silent Hill 3 and Shattered Memories are my favourites. 💛 Silent Hill 1 is amazing, but I don't like playing it as much because I get too scared! XD

The first one is very good at what it does, better than the rest of the series. Every perfectly awful noise puts me on edge.

Has anyone here played through the whole game of Silent Hill 2 HD with the new voices? Maybe I should try to find a full game video of that. I never bothered to look it up before, but it might be interesting to watch. 🤔

Also look out! Here they come! 🛸🛸🛸🐶

I've played basically every version of every Silent Hill game (available in English), and I was like most people disappointed in basically every aspect of the "hd" remakes, unfortunately. 

Administrator · Posted
1 hour ago, FenrirZero said:

I ended up skipping both Downpour and Homecoming simply because the Silent Hill fans I had met were disappointed with them.

I didn't like Downpour, but I didn't find Homecoming to be too bad. Mind you, I liked Origins a lot, so I'm not to be trusted. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gloves said:

I didn't like Downpour, but I didn't find Homecoming to be too bad. Mind you, I liked Origins a lot, so I'm not to be trusted. 

Actually... Origins is on my list if I ever decide to collect sealed PSP games. And right now the only reasons I'd consider getting both Homecoming and Downpour is to have the full PS3 run for that series. Even though the worst thing about Downpour was the price Konami asked for this apartment! (And yes, I did buy that space when it came out. 😅)

image.jpeg.c796513bada131af927e52d1fa8d0ddd.jpeg

image.jpeg.f6605b6aa14e07444bbed770b0ff8852.jpeg

Got the Premium Edition of SoulCalibur IV on Xbox 360. Everything's included: game, manual, disc case, slipcover, tin case, Tournament Bracket/Poster, Comic/Art Book, thank you card, and Shirt. The shirt is still sealed. All of this cost me only fifteen bucks.

This is the first game in the SoulCalibur series that I've gotten for an Xbox console, as I've only played the series on the PlayStation systems, GameCube, and Dreamcast.

image.jpeg.9b47d033b346ad45818b813f976fa600.jpeg

Also got some Pokémon movies on VHS. I remember watching Pokémon The Movie 2000 in a Theater.

image.jpeg.c96510e088bf0b6555cad3142ca6d7be.jpeg

Took Capcom's new Mega Man survey and got this Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection Wallpaper.

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Like 8

I have no idea what's up with this Donkey Kong box but I had to have it. I'm currently in the process of asking those more knowledgeable than I.

Ghoul School was a pretty good steal at this price when I saw it 2 weeks ago but I didn't have time to buy it. I was amazed it was still there today.

IMG_20230425_151511.jpg

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

I have no idea what's up with this Donkey Kong box but I had to have it. I'm currently in the process of asking those more knowledgeable than I.

Ghoul School was a pretty good steal at this price when I saw it 2 weeks ago but I didn't have time to buy it. I was amazed it was still there today.

IMG_20230425_151511.jpg

I would like to know the answer on that Donkey Kong as well! But right now my best guess is that it is a Sears Canada variant. It pretty much reminds me of their 1980 "exclusive" Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back set. Which were simply that basic in terms of packaging. 🤔

Some mail deliveries! I ordered these a long time ago, and they arrived today!

KonamiKinect.jpg.54d1f70b88f9db320f566a0cabc41ad8.jpg

Not counting Hudson's Deca Sports Freedom, these were the Kinect games that Konami made. There is little information on Adrenalin Misfits, which is true of many Konami games from 2009 and 2010.

I heard Adrenalin Misfits doesn't work well, but Dance Masters is one of the best Kinect exclusives. It's a spin-off to Dance Dance Revolution, and the European title is better. Their version is called "Dance Evolution", as it's an evolution on Dance Dance Revolution. 😄

FotoShowdown.jpg.b07b3a64d275c0ffdf5211245d7395c4.jpg

I was an early buyer of the DSi, so I noticed when this game came out as a DSi exclusive. It was in bargain bins everywhere, but I still never bought it. I've finally bought it now that I'm looking into Konami's later years.

The makers of this game also made "The Cages: Pro Style Batting Practice" on Wii. The company is called "Alpha-Unit", and like many things about 2009 and 2010 Konami, is hard to find information on.

FotoShowdownBack.jpg.30d251a8e0a386406342201b7f99cd94.jpg
Foto Showdown

TheCagesBack.jpg.02e333e69808c0e91f382a206365aa2c.jpg
The Cages

The company went out of business at some point, but they made some interesting budget games. The Cages was very good, so hopefully Foto Showdown is too. 😊

• Like 5
  • Wow! 1

Sorry to post twice, but I have planned out which boxed NES Konami games to buy. After that I would like to build my boxed NES collection further, and stop only buying Konami games. I had lots of fun playing and researching their later years, but now I am in love with the NES again. 🥴

Here's the plan!

• Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse
  • Super C
  • Life Force
  • Track & Field
  • Stinger
  • Rush n Attack
  • Jackal
  • The Adventures of Bayou Billy
  • Blades of Steel
  • Gyruss

That makes a nice set of ten that I will love. I am going to sell my copies of Base Wars, Metal Gear, and Double Dribble. I paid very little for them, so I will likely make all the money back and more.

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted
56 minutes ago, Jynx said:

Sorry to post twice, but I have planned out which boxed NES Konami games to buy. After that I would like to build my boxed NES collection further, and stop only buying Konami games. I had lots of fun playing and researching their later years, but now I am in love with the NES again. 🥴

Here's the plan!

• Super C
  • Life Force
  • Track & Field
  • Stinger
  • Rush n Attack
  • Jackal
  • Blades of Steel
  • Gyruss

That makes a nice set of ten that I will love. I am going to sell my copies of Base Wars, Metal Gear, and Double Dribble. I paid very little for them, so I will likely make all the money back and more.

Nobody really minds the occasional double post, don't worry too hard about it! 

As for the games, decent list. I feel like I can see you going through similar phases to many others as they started out collecting including myself. Best of luck with it! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jynx said:
  • Super C
  • Life Force
  • Track & Field
  • Stinger
  • Rush n Attack
  • Jackal
  • Blades of Steel
  • Gyruss

No worries about the double post since Konami had slip-ups in the past.

As for this list, I see a few that take me back to my NES days. And others that were part of my introduction to NintendoAge. So all I will say is great list and good luck on that quest! 🙂

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Gloves said:

I feel like I can see you going through similar phases to many others as they started out collecting including myself. Best of luck with it! 

It's been a phase going crazy with Konami, but it's been fun. 💛

I grew up with an NES, collected cartridges in my early teens, and later again in my mid twenties. Collecting in the box is new for me, but it helps to know which classics you don't want ahead of time before you spend a lot on them. 😄

An exciting package is at customs, and it's what made me decide to start collecting NES in the box. I hope it comes next week!

• Agree 1

Administrator · Posted
16 minutes ago, Jynx said:

It's been a phase going crazy with Konami, but it's been fun. 💛

I grew up with an NES, collected cartridges in my early teens, and later again in my mid twenties. Collecting in the box is new for me, but it helps to know which classics you don't want ahead of time before you spend a lot on them. 😄

An exciting package is at customs, and it's what made me decide to start collecting NES in the box. I hope it comes next week!

Exciting times! My first CIB NES game was Friday the 13th, mostly cuz I love the movies (and played the heck out of the game as a kid). From there it quickly became "I only collect CIB" and now that's where I'm at. It's far more expensive these days, but I love having the whole package. 

Some Switch pickups. Finally got around to grabbing some of the M2 release shmups I was missing. Also looking forward to re playing Catherine when I get through a few more games on my backlog, I've heard the added content is pretty decent.

1.jpg.7c2d3fdfa0ab88424497fd7e4df82e34.jpg

I also grabbed some N64 strategy guides and Super Donkey Kong guide for the SFC. The Japanese Perfect Dark box art is hands down my favourite box art on that system.

2.jpg.2b2c8ffbd2f9658c1a2445239cc6f6fd.jpg

• Like 6
  • Love 2

Found this awesome Sony Bravia kdl-22px300 tv/PS2 combo for a theft price of €10,- today. Just missing the remote but perfect working order. 

Edit: don't know why but the picture keeps ending up upside down.

(thanks MiamiSlice)

IMG-4557.jpg

Edited by Awoken
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, Awoken said:

Found this awesome Sony Bravia kdl-22px300 tv/PS2 combo for a theft price of €10,- today. Just missing the remote but perfect working order. 

Edit: don't know why but the picture keeps ending up upside down.

image.jpg

I'm assuming this is an iPhone pic? iPhone stores the rotation settings separately from the original JPG so there's no quality loss when you rotate it. If you crop the image slightly, then it will re-save it with the correct orientation. So you should crop before uploading to fix it.