IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

As things are going for me, I found a new reason to back into the idea of me collecting physical Switch games. With this time around focusing on a single franchise before I delve into another. 🙂

First up... Shin Megami Tensei V. The Megami Tensei series always got the same level of interest I used to give Dragon Quest. So getting the collector set for around $20 USD more than just the game (via AmiAmi vs. my usual e-retailer) makes up for the frustrations I felt in both 2017 and 2018.

SMT5-1.thumb.jpg.f604f12f88f733021b7bedf652b781da.jpg

Genei Ibunroku #FE Encore (aka Tokyo Mirage #FE Encore) was pretty much the lone reason why I wanted a Wii U. Plus the Persona 5 tie-in (i.e. "Rebellious Joker" costume) has me hope that it will go on sale soon. 😁

1293022001_FE.thumb.jpg.17ec5137bb0d5e99f5bb565e29b33f27.jpg

And finally... The Nekomata card. Out of all the demons this version of the Nekomata is my favorite. And because the USD is strong against the JPY, I opted to buy this through Mandarake because it felt like I was only paying for the shipping. But even then I hope to get the acrylic stand version of this character in the near future.

Nekomata.thumb.jpg.20cff35dc36be1ae43fbb93ce1baf4ba.jpg

I'll post the unboxing content later. Maybe in the Switch thread.

Plus I also bought the following games on Steam because they were on sale:

- Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne HD Remaster
- Persona 5 Strikers

Both are the Digital Deluxe package versions, and I bought them because they were on sale. (Plus Strikers was also bought on Steam because I have both dropped Sony and I wanted a lag-free experience.)

• Like 9
  • Love 1

Various new pickups: 

spacer.png

Mexico exclusive cover variant of FIFA 07

spacer.png

Finally landed a Konami GB Collection volume at a good price 

spacer.png

Finally got the Densha De Go Switch controller at retail price from Amazon JP (excuse the messy desk)

spacer.png

Got a loose Dr Mario x Puzzle League cart to make this CIB

spacer.png

This lamp was a gift from my mom, she got it for me at Target

spacer.png

And here's various other pickups including Game & Watch Gallery 2 from @Naked Warrior!

• Like 11
  • Disagree 1

I don't think in the slightest that it's worthy of an image, but worth mentioning.  Over the weekend went to that pawn/consignment near by where I'm friendly with the owner.  He had got some new stuff to put out, a few nicer titles (all SNES stuff) I had, but he did have 3 games of interest.  I had a couple GB games he gave me 60% value on I was looking to trade out so it worked well.  Ended up with 3 SNES games, clean sticker/rest all around I didn't have.  Akranoid, Top Gear 2, and Uniracers.  I think it was a smart move. 🙂

• Like 3

This arrived today. 🤩

Long story short, this is a rare "first production" variant that I got as a Valentine's Day gift from my Mom. She had no clue what the game was about, but was willing to get it for me because the eBay seller had it listed for a great price. Plus it was a lucky find because it was the only new copy offered on eBay, with a pre-owned copy being listed for more.

CFBSP.thumb.jpg.4b3faa7ceb01a96300500c88d51fbe6d.jpg

As for the packaging, it has a minor 'non-tear' snag on the front. You cannot see it in the photos, but it easy to see in person. And the back has a pair of Amazon Japan labels. Both are fine to me because it is both rare and fills in an otherwise "hard to fill" gap when it comes to the 2020 portion of my ATLUS collection.

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, FenrirZero said:

This arrived today. 🤩

Long story short, this is a rare "first production" variant that I got as a Valentine's Day gift from my Mom. She had no clue what the game was about, but was willing to get it for me because the eBay seller had it listed for a great price. Plus it was a lucky find because it was the only new copy offered on eBay, with a pre-owned copy being listed for more.

CFBSP.thumb.jpg.4b3faa7ceb01a96300500c88d51fbe6d.jpg

As for the packaging, it has a minor 'non-tear' snag on the front. You cannot see it in the photos, but it easy to see in person. And the back has a pair of Amazon Japan labels. Both are fine to me because it is both rare and fills in an otherwise "hard to fill" gap when it comes to the 2020 portion of my ATLUS collection.

Great pickup and not an easy one to come by at a good price!

A bit weird that your mum bought this for you and even weirder it was a valentines gift hahaha. Definitely a story you won’t forget.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Brickman said:

Great pickup and not an easy one to come by at a good price!

A bit weird that your mum bought this for you and even weirder it was a valentines gift hahaha. Definitely a story you won’t forget.

Thanks! The funny thing is that I originally wanted to find out if the bonus item (the cover) was also wrapped. I did not expect to be this lucky. Especially since I am now curious on how well Amazon Japan ships things.

And I agree, even though she never asked me what the game was about. But I also think she telling me to shut up before that decision is what will make the story hard to forget. 🤣

sonicmaniaswitch.jpg.5d9811fb3234ff7c15eafea5cecdfe76.jpg

Bought Sonic Mania and Team Sonic Racing for Switch. Been wanting to buy Sonic Mania for a few years now, but couldn't decide which version to buy. I knew I wanted it on Switch, but wasn't sure if I should buy the original release (cheaper), this (2 games in 1), or the Plus version (more content). I saw this 2 in 1 package at Walmart in Dec. 2020 with the discounted games, but didn't buy it. I went back a week or two later and didn't see it. Last year I bought tons of imports at one of my local game stores, so i didn't buy much for Switch other than a physical copy of Super Mario Party and a few digital games (and received a physical copy of Super Mario Maker 2 for Christmas). I went to Walmart recently and came across this package again, and decided to just go ahead and buy it since I've been wanting Sonic Mania for a few years now. Besides, the added content from the Plus version can be downloaded right? It wasn't discounted like when I saw it a year or so ago, but I think $50 (Canadian) is still a fair price for 2 Sonic games.

ghostbustersbluray.jpg.455378ca6138c3f8c55eccb24d9aa8af.jpg

Yeah I know, this is not video game-related. I have Ghostbusters 1 & 2 on Blu-ray and a physical copy of the Ghostbusters game for Switch (which I beat on Halloween last year). so I bought the new Ghostbusters movie while I was at Walmart.

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Like 7

Big haul here from the last 2-3 weeks. Thanks to @Silent Hill and @3rdStrongestMole for the super smooth trades. First up, a bunch of PSVR games. Going for the full set, mostly just because it's novel, cheapish, and relatively easy. I also think just think VR is fun in short bursts.

H95LsK2.jpg

3Ru1KfQ.jpg

nQLKK1K.jpg

Next up is the stuff I grabbed from the Target buy 2, get 1 free sale. It's going to be an amazing year of PS5 games for me and they were a steal at about $33 a piece. Just need to grab Death Stranding and Returnal and I'll have all the good stuff released so far. I may grab the new Horizon later in the year, if I finish these. Sonic games also from the Target sale. Zelda and Contra were trades. I've never played Majora's Mask, but not sure I'll get to it this year.

25XEQSz.jpg

TU2qjnI.jpg

A few more cheapo Gamestop sale games. Sold to me as "New" but 2/3 were missing the plastic seal. I hate Gamestop so much, but the games were too cheap to be worth the hassle of returning.

OgIMzCS.jpg

Lastly, I grabbed a copy of the Mega Man: The Wily Wars Collector's Edition through Castlemania Games. Click through the spoiler tag at the bottom of this post for detailed pics of inner contents (R.I.P. dial-up internet users). This is probably the coolest retro CE I've ever seen. Everything is super high quality and beautifully made.

8PWsbp9.jpg

Spoiler

After removing the outer plastic box, the front of CE box folds open to show this cool pixel art.

cC9m5s8.jpg

Hologram cards that sit in a pocket in the front of the box (you can see the cutout where you drop them in in the picture above this, left side). You can change out which one you want to display. They are high quality.

t9CpjMB.jpg

6z9Indk.jpg

yJ4lWPx.jpg

Case, manual, and cart.

Qh3N8Rt.jpg

VFJfoj9.jpg

Alternate/reversible cover art

SKGZEUS.jpg

Two-sided poster

vn2acd1.jpg

mcy45JQ.jpg

Certificate of authenticity and stickers (stored in the envelope on the left and tucked inside the plastic game case, behind the manual)

kFZA0bC.jpg

Bonus cards

PCq3AKu.jpg

PyXo33P.jpg

CE box with Proto Man holo card put in the cover display pocket, plastic case with reversed artwork, cards, and poster

gPxDgFy.jpg

Edited by DoctorEncore
  • Like 8
  • Wow! 2
  • Love 1

The past couple weeks have been about chasing down specific items for the collection. 

WoBGZmH.jpg

Got this not-mint Link's Awakening DX in a private deal for $120. This is a title I've wanted for years but never pulled the trigger on. Also picked up some of the My Nintendo Rewards I was missing and Bomber Crew in trades. 

M17dNul.jpg

Buy 2 get 1 free deal from Target netted me some Switch games to enjoy with the kids. 

ALWAvYo.jpg

Finally received No More Heroes 1 & 2 CE's and also picked up some key titles. I might not keep the last one though. 

t0YBbFr.jpg

The Chrono Cross announcement for Switch had me scrambling to pick up a strategy guide. Managed to find this in a bundle for an OK price but it's in bad shape. Also picked up some random DS games in a different bundle. 

iw1lTB2.jpg

Also picked this up in a trade! One of those games I should have picked up back in the day but never did. 

• Like 10

21 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

Big haul here from the last 2-3 weeks. Thanks to @Silent Hill and @3rdStrongestMole for the super smooth trades. First up, a bunch of PSVR games. Going for the full set, mostly just because it's novel, cheapish, and relatively easy. I also think just think VR is fun in short bursts.

My pleasure, love my end of the trade as well! I think you'll really enjoy Moss if you open that sucker up. 

Also, Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart is fan-fuggin'-tastic. 

• Like 1