IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

On 1/22/2022 at 3:15 PM, 3rdStrongestMole said:

More local finds. One more for the SNES cart only set, and a hat with some kids sweat on it (cleaning tips welcome 😂).

20220122_141231.jpg

My suggestion would be on of those ball cap cleaning cages that came out probably 10-15 years ago.  They're made so you can throw them in the washing machine, dishwasher, bath, etc., and keep hats from losing their shape while they're thoroughly wet while being cleaned.  An example of such is available here.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, darkchylde28 said:

My suggestion would be on of those ball cap cleaning cages that came out probably 10-15 years ago.  They're made so you can throw them in the washing machine, dishwasher, bath, etc., and keep hats from losing their shape while they're thoroughly wet while being cleaned.  An example of such is available here.

I bet black cordoroy would fade the first wash. See if I dry cleaner will take it

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Californication said:

I bet black cordoroy would fade the first wash. See if I dry cleaner will take it

Every pair of pants I had like that never did, so I can't imagine why a hat would.  They tended to pick up far more lint in the washing machine and dryer than other clothes, which made black pants look gray, but they never faded.  If done in the top rack of the dishwasher, I can't imagine it being any truly different than "dry" cleaning it (since the term is a misnomer and "dry" cleaned clothes are very much soaked through and through during the process).

Well I had a little break of thrift luck today going between two places.  I picked up an amazing Anker Premium Bluetooth Speaker for $20 still in the box with the fold out, was missing the short mini usb cable to charge it and the dinky aux male/male plug too (meh and meh) but hey it's a very highly rated sound bar that used to go for $80 when it came out, still isn't that cheap either second hand so I can't complain.

The audio on it is utterly fantastic, should be amazing off my phone doing music onto gaming from there but more so the Switch.  It has 2 subs 2 speakers.  All smooth. 2 10W drivers on it.  Battery if used rates to 6-8hrs which is nice.  I have metallic long braided usb cable and for now am just leaving it plugged in and it's sweet.

https://www.anker.com/ca/products/variant/premium-bluetooth-speaker/A3143011

• Like 1

Big update from the last month or so. Lots of stuff, some of it very tough to find. Wolfchild is a bear and, very quietly, is probably the hardest standard release to obtain on Sega CD. This copy is rougher than I wanted, but you have to make do with what you get sometimes. Another shoutout to @Mr. CIB who always seems to send something good my way.

G47Dg6s.jpg

ZEjhXB4.jpg

flcUFNR.jpg

bVmJlHA.jpg

9llM3ey.jpg

Edited by DoctorEncore
  • Like 13
  • Wow! 2
  • Love 4

31 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

Big update from the last month or so. Lots of stuff, some of it very tough to find. Wolfchild is a bear and, very quietly, is probably the hardest standard release to obtain on Sega CD. This copy is rougher than I wanted, but you have to make do with what you get sometimes. Another shoutout to @Mr. CIB who always seems to send something good my way.

AQY7lMY.jpg

ZEjhXB4.jpg

Wow. Woldchild is the hardest release to obtain currently? Crazy. Years ago I had a “sealed” woldchild that I wasn’t confident was legit, so I opened it. I popped it on eBay with at auction with a 0.99 starting bid. This thing was mint and still had the cello on it (which may or may not have been legit). I think it sold for around 3 dollars. With shipping, I actually lost money on it haha.  

And now I see nfl football trivia is crazy high. why? I see BINs for $400?  is anybody actually pulling the trigger on these?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, final fight cd said:

Wow. Woldchild is the hardest release to obtain currently? Crazy. Years ago I had a “sealed” woldchild that I wasn’t confident was legit, so I opened it. I popped it on eBay with at auction with a 0.99 starting bid. This thing was mint and still had the cello on it (which may or may not have been legit). I think it sold for around 3 dollars. With shipping, I actually lost money on it haha.  

And now I see nfl football trivia is crazy high. why? I see BINs for $400?  is anybody actually pulling the trigger on these?

It's crazy out here in Sega CD land. Wolfchild is nowhere to be found lately. I'm sure the occasional big spender is paying that price for NFL Trivia, but auctions I've seen have been ending in the $150-$200 range. I was able to negotiate a decent price on this one, thankfully.

45 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

G47Dg6s.jpg

ZEjhXB4.jpg

flcUFNR.jpg

bVmJlHA.jpg

9llM3ey.jpg

Your SMS & Sega CD collection is coming along nicely!

• Thanks 1

Today was an interesting mail day.  Saturday I got the evercade 2in1 game there, the other was supposed to be sunday but amazon is incompetent more by the day.  Drove the thing around town for 13hours to then dump it on the USPS after midnight, so it got here today.  And then an LRG surprise came in the mail too.  Now if I could just un-hosed over on Circle of the Moon #1. 🙂

evercade-switchlrg.jpg

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Awoken said:

As someone who grew up on the original doom i can only be positive about this 😄 

Honestly tho nothing beats doom 1 & 2.

I agree, except that I rank Final Doom up there with 1 & 2, and the only negative aspect to the picture above is that none of those games allow you to play Final Doom which is pretty disappointing.  Final Doom was included in the Doom Classic Complete on the PS3 (which I've played enough to complete all trophies), so I'm not sure why they couldn't fit it into one of the compilation games.  

19 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

Love it. Sealed games with dings are my jam.

Yeah for me if its not completely ravaged and looking good overall i want any NES sealed game i dont have, i gathered a pretty good amount of sealed NES games with that mentality and im quite happy with the way it’s going !! Its getting hard now though….

• Like 1