IGNORED

Hey man could you do me a favor?

SuperJimtendo

Earlier this week I hosted a give away on facebook. Giving away a couple of t-shirts, free us shipping, or winner pays international shipping. The winner so happened to be from Australia no big deal. Right?

That was until they asked me to sneak in a couple packs of cigarettes for them. 

After looking up Australia's rules on Tobacco I told the guy no way. 

What would you do? What have you been asked to do when making deals? 

Edited by SuperJimtendo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

Internet says you can bring up to 50 cigarettes at a time after that if they get seized by customs the person you sent them to has to pay duty or they get disposed of. I see no risk to you if you felt like being nice. No more than 2 packs though.  

I read on the interwebs that a new law this year prohibits smokes through the postal service in Australia. 

If he is paying for the shipping with PayPal goods transfer and the customs intercept and hold/demolish the package contents, he is still eligible to file a claim with PayPal after which you'll be paying the shipping out of pocket. Australian customs are strict, so I'd imagine the package will be intercepted if there are cigarettes inside.

Ha this reminds me back mid to late 90s when I was collecting hotwheels/johnny lightning (buying/reselling/trading) and I made a friend in the Netherlands and seems either we was doing a trade or something but we also shot the shit a lot and one day he (jokingly) offered to send me some prepackaged white widow (marijuana strain) for payment and even though secretly I would had done so lmao I told him with my luck that would had never made it though customs (not that it was going to happen anyway) but after that it was used as a running gag and for him would price things as measurements of white widow 

On 12/21/2019 at 1:31 AM, drxandy said:

No offense to the guy but if I won something last thing I would be doing is asking for more. No matter the item, but to ask for something questionably illegal is just wow.

Smokes aren't cheap.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.statista.com/chart/amp/15293/price-for-cigarettes-per-country/

Smokes are ridiculously expensive in Australia, hence why he asked to sneak in a pack. 

If he gets caught, he won't get in trouble. He will have to pay tax on them.

• Like 1

On 12/20/2019 at 8:38 AM, MuNKeY said:

Ha this reminds me back mid to late 90s when I was collecting hotwheels/johnny lightning (buying/reselling/trading) and I made a friend in the Netherlands and seems either we was doing a trade or something but we also shot the shit a lot and one day he (jokingly) offered to send me some prepackaged white widow (marijuana strain) for payment and even though secretly I would had done so lmao I told him with my luck that would had never made it though customs (not that it was going to happen anyway) but after that it was used as a running gag and for him would price things as measurements of white widow 

Damn, I would have rolled the dice.