IGNORED

How big is your collection in 2024??

I have about 140 games total (121 NES with 9 CIB NES).

I have 4 systems (NES both, PS2 silver slim, n64)

I have 8-9 accessories for NES (Power Glove, ROB, Zapper etc.)

I've been downsizing alot the last few years, focusing on all killer no filler! Feeling good.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Editorials Team · Posted

Not sure.  Somewhere in the ballpark of:

700+ SNES
400+ NES
300+ Switch
100+ PS2
100+ DS
100+ PS1
50+ PS4
50+ 3DS
50+ 360
25+ Cube
25+ PS5
25+ PS3
25+ GBA
25+ GB/GBC
25+ Genesis
10+ Xbox
10+ Saturn
10+ Sega CD
10+ N64

I have the full SNES set (kind of), the perpetually on-hold NES full set I've been working on, and then everything else is all killer or notable games.  And yes, there are far more than 300 killer or notable games on the Switch.

• Like 4

I'm just over 4300 games now. Full NES licensed set (with PAL Stadium Events) and missing 3 unlicensed (Secret Scout, Cheetahmen II, and Myriad), full N64 set, and full Wii U set.  I also have well over 1-200 NES homebrews and repros. Got about 900ish Switch games.  525 SNES games. I'd love to complete that set if I could stop buy Switch games. It's probably time for new pics and accounting...

• Like 4

I'm sitting at 860 games according to my Price Charting profile for 22 consoles. It should be closer or over 900 since I can't add the homebrews in there and I have about ~50 of those. Currently sitting at 150 3DS games, 100 for Switch 90 for NES. 

I'm very comfortable with my current collection. Unless I stumbled onto a ton of CIB NES, Saturn, DS or 3DS games I'm looking for, I don't think my collection will grow significantly over the next couple years. I'm also officially done buying Switch games since I'm tired of paying full price for mediocre games with graphics and processing from 2 generations ago. I recently cancelled two games that were at historic low prices bc I can't bring myself to keep dipping into that system when I know all every 3rd party game and half of the first party games will slide into the Switch2 library for full price. 

Edited by RegularGuyGamer
  • Like 4

3,304 according to Excel. I’m pretty happy where I’m at. Really I have just been buying NES homebrews since I think they are cool. After all the full sets I’ve done, I’m pretty sure I’m done on doing those so my number will slowly creep up. I still buy modern games as well although with the move to digital only that may soon change. 

• Like 4

I use vgcollect to track my stuff. The majority of my games are Japanese with a small amount of English Switch and PC games.

Gameboy (CIB)- 63

GBA (CIB) - 520

GC (CIB)- 279 (this is the complete Japanese retail set)

PC Engine (CIB) - 214

Famicom (cart) - 237

Game & Watch - 2

3DS (CIB) - 215

N64 (CIB) - 124

Switch (CIB) - 85

Switch (Eng releases) - 15

PC (Big & small boxes) - 70

PC (Eng Big & small boxes) - 15

Vita (CIB) - 27

PSP (CIB) - 120

I don’t think it will happen this year but I would like to finish off the GBA set. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, a3quit4s said:

3,304 according to Excel. 

I've been using Excel as well, and tracking where, when and how much I payed for a game.

I think I got the formulas right but I found some cool stats like 13% of my games were purchased online, and only 8% I'm not completely certain where I got them. And I never paid more than $30 for a game over the last 10 years. 

• Like 2
  • Wow! 1

10,400 by my Excel sheet, although that number doesn't include most of my games for various computer platforms. It's way too many but I'm not motivated to do the work of selling.

I wish I had kept track of how I obtained each one and price paid, but didn't think of until it was too late. The total outlay, especially for all the hardware, would probably be a depressingly large number.

• Like 4
  • Wow! 2
  • Love 1

Not as big as it used to be.  It’s „curated“ now.  What I do track of it I track with Retro Game Collector app.  I only track my PSX and Boxed NES stuff.  And that’s pretty loosely done.  I was a GVN user but ya know.  Now anything else is tracked by eyeballs.

• Like 2

I have:

135 NES games

145 SNES games

17 SFC games

58 PS1 games

70 PS2 games

52 PS3 games

214 PS4 games

59 PS5 games

24 Dreamcast games

36 Sega Genesis games

113 Wii games

45 Wii U games

124 Switch games

36 Neo-Geo AES games

18 Gamecube games

10 GB, color and Advance games

79 Nintendo DS games

20 Nintendo 3DS games

1 Sega Master game

8 Xbox games

23 Xbox 360 games

Over 200 gaming-related items

I can't believe I've accumulated all this stuff over 11 years.

I'm definitely opening to selling some of this stuff.

Edited by Trifecta
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

Big enough to fill all my shelves in two rooms, multiple closets (in other rooms), a few shelves in my living room, and part of my basement. I have racks for some of my PS1 and PC games. Like a lot of collector's here, the amount of physical games I have is in the thousands. My biggest collections are my GameCube collection (over 200 games) and NES collection (over 100, not including Famicom games). I've got 20+ consoles, some handhelds, computers, and some Arcade machines. I collect for both retro and modern systems. The walls in my game rooms are filled with posters. I've got a bunch of CRT TV's hooked up for retro systems, and some HDTV's for some retro systems (PS2, GameCube, Dreamcast, and later) and, of course, modern systems. I also have a 4K TV, but currently only use it for 4K movies. The electric bill is fine, thanks.

I recently got another shelf that I'm going to put in the basement, since I can't fit anymore in my two game rooms or the living room. I just need to put it together (I will when I have time). I add things to the collection pretty much every week. If I don't buy a game, I may buy something related like a movie, accessory, or merchandise.

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1

Administrator · Posted
1 minute ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

I did a double take at first, then realized this has to be PS4. Otherwise you have the GOAT PS5 collection right now lol

I mean honestly I wouldn't put it past the nutjobs here.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, nrslam said:

I wish I had kept track of how I obtained each one and price paid, but didn't think of until it was too late. The total outlay, especially for all the hardware, would probably be a depressingly large number.

I actually just started my Excel sheet a few months ago (but I have been using the Retro Collector app for several years prior). I copy/pasted the data from the Retro Collector app into the spreadsheet, so when you click on each game in the spreadsheet it goes to Ebay listings.

And granted I have less than 120 NES games now, I but I was able to remember lots of info and used old messages/emails and photos to get as much info as possible to fill in the gaps. I still don't have the slightest clue where I acquired some games. And there's a handful of games I either bought in college or had before high school. Would love to figure out that exactly, but no way to tell.

Here's my part of my jank spreadsheet.

Through my research (mainly from old OfferUp and Craigslist listings), there was an additional 100+ games that went through my hands at some point. Pretty cool to see all these details.

Sheet.png

• Like 1

Ooo I always do my count in January, so thanks for this thread to remind me!! I keep it in a little notebook that my mother in law gave me couple years back, I feel like it was around 3k last year but not completely sure. Gonna have to find the notebook because we moved and everything is still not settled in but have a good idea where it is, will report back soon.

• Like 1