IGNORED

How big is your collection in 2024??

Moderator · Posted
7 hours ago, jonebone said:

Smaller by the day.  I've already turned a corner mentally with my collection as I approach 40 in the near future and know I don't want to take it all with me.  I'll always collect in some capacity but I don't need thousands of games.  I'm not sure where I'll end up, but a nice number to shoot for would be about 500-750 various items to me.  That's a much more manageable number that would be my goal.

I hear ya. Finally started listing the collection last week. Was really weird when I shipped the first game, now I’m obsessed with getting rid of nearly everything. Would probably be different if I still had a nice room to display it. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

Administrator · Posted
18 hours ago, jonebone said:

Smaller by the day.  I've already turned a corner mentally with my collection as I approach 40 in the near future and know I don't want to take it all with me.  

11 hours ago, doner24 said:

I hear ya. Finally started listing the collection last week. Was really weird when I shipped the first game, now I’m obsessed with getting rid of nearly everything. Would probably be different if I still had a nice room to display it. 

Mine was a combination of not really having anywhere to display it, not playing 99% of it, not wanting to burden anyone else with getting rid of it, and figured I may as well let other people enjoy it.   The official start of the cleanout was breaking up my Atari 2600 stuff, then followed with selling almost all of my TurboGrafx/PC Engine, Sega Saturn/CD, a large amount of NES/SNES, and most of my Atari 7800 stuff.   

Still have a lot to sell off Atari-wise.   Going to be going through consoles next.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/27/2024 at 1:56 AM, T-Pac said:

Interesting to hear these different opinions on how heavily our gaming hobby weighs into our identities.

My classic gaming, my art, and my faith are pretty much the core facets that define who I am. It used to bother me that I had such a "nerdy" hobby, but I've since embraced it haha.

[T-Pac]

Embrace your inner nerd!

Thats what helps to keep the fire going. Also, being authentic to yourself is what maintains happiness.

• Like 1

I don’t have an actual inventory so the numbers are my rough estimates:

~ 1200 Nintendo NES/SNES/N64/GameCube/GB/GBA/GBC

~ 1000 Sega MS/MD/MCD/Saturn/Dreamcast/GG

~ 1000 Sony PS1/PS2/PS3 and Xbox Original

~ 100 miscellaneous (eg. PC, 3DO)

The aim is to slowly trim the collection over time, while I constantly review and  figure out my “ultimate collection”, and before I give it up when osteoarthritis and early dementia hits me. 

• Like 1

Moderator · Posted
12 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Children, always taking away your game rooms, and money, and fancy gourmet cooking.

I had a nice option to use, but decided to put a golf simulator in instead 😂. But yes, the kid/s are/will be taking up the other spaces. 

I'm around 3000, not sure how that compares for my city/state.

I'd like to trim it down to half, and try to only get games I'm serious about playing.

Serious question, are some of you guys really selling because you are thinking you don't have much time left? I understand priorities and other life changes but being a future retired gamer sounds pretty fun to me. Can run around in a golf cart, hook up with some gilfs.

• Like 2