IGNORED

There's an NWC in the wild tonight

https://www.reddit.com/r/gamecollecting/comments/17gla49/dont_see_this_one_too_often

Someone casually and credibly posted an undocumented NWC on Reddit before shortly deleting the post. They claim to work at a secondhand shop and won't be back until Sunday. They kind of treated the whole thing like they found an Earthbound cartridge and not, you know, a nice condition NWC. So if any internet detectives want to creepily try to track down this guy's workplace, there's an unpriced NWC sitting in the back room 👀

image.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Wow! 4

Or not creepily do that and let the guy have his win? 🙂  And agree with @drxandy they should all rot, lucky that we're into a minority report style of reality as they'd be erased all quite quickly and deserve it.  It shows the true depths of how far our former for the fun of it hobby has degraded into a cash grab, fraud, deceit and manipulation cesspool of degenerates.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 2

Well, it was pretty foolish to post that right away to Reddit anyway.  There's now a record of it, so when it shows up, whether in a week or in 10 years, it's origination will have been known to have been in the back of a thrift shop... somewhere and it was likely stolen, or picked up for "$5" from a worker.  Who knows, he might have even taken it to his clueless 70 year old manager and said "I collect these tapes, can I buy it for a few bucks?"  And the manager could have responded with an "Eh, just have it.  Enjoy!"

“The Tale of the Disappearing NWC

Once, on a chilly, windy night, a thrift store employee posted an unknown copy of a holy grail. All of the redditors slavered over it. “Steal it!” they cried. “Hide it!” they cackled.

And in the morning… the post was gone!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, DarkTone said:

Reddit is a cancer, full of racists. I'm not surprised. As bad as 4chan. 

Another one of those unmoderated piece of trash places full of terminally online trolls, just like 4chan, discard, tumblinger and so on. Nothing there is credible in the slightest and anyone can be an attention whore or provocative troll with no repercussions . Can't agree more

3 hours ago, DarkTone said:

Reddit is a cancer, full of racists. I'm not surprised. As bad as 4chan. 

47 minutes ago, BlackVega said:

Another one of those unmoderated piece of trash places full of terminally online trolls, just like 4chan, discard, tumblinger and so on. Nothing there is credible in the slightest and anyone can be an attention whore or provocative troll with no repercussions . Can't agree more

WTF? where do you guys go on reddit? I stick to gaming subs and don’t see any of this. At worst it’s people arguing back and forth on graded games in the r/gamecollecting sub

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

Is that the guy that loves graded games?

is that the guy that does paid HA livestreams?

he said it was a 'easy 50k'

https://www.pricecharting.com/game/nes/nintendo-world-championship

pretty far off

that's how they pump by placing comps that dont sell often as 'easy' 2-3x

has anyone ever beat price charting? ever? for anything?

Edited by CIB_Wholesale
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

WTF? where do you guys go on reddit? I stick to gaming subs and don’t see any of this. At worst it’s people arguing back and forth on graded games in the r/gamecollecting sub

Reddit is one of the most racist places on the web, it’s just “positive” racism so it’s “good”

Like for example, to join one of the main forums “blackpeopletwitter” you have to send the mods a picture of your forearm so they can confirm your skin color and assign you a role of either “black” … but if you’re lucky you can apply to become a “white ally”…it’s a weird site and I’m happy I’m banned from the place and broke my addiction to their gaming forums

• Wow! 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, ThePhleo said:

Reddit is one of the most racist places on the web, it’s just “positive” racism so it’s “good”

Like for example, to join one of the main forums “blackpeopletwitter” you have to send the mods a picture of your forearm so they can confirm your skin color and assign you a role of either “black” … but if you’re lucky you can apply to become a “white ally”…it’s a weird site and I’m happy I’m banned from the place and broke my addiction to their gaming forums

r/gamecollecting is the butthole of the internet.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, ThePhleo said:

I mean sure, if you host every community on the entire globe, you're going to have some weirdos. The beauty of reddit is that you can pick and choose which communities you choose to engage with. If there are a group of shitty people being dickheads, you just don't subscribe to that subreddit and you'll never know they exist.

I've never heard of blackpeopletwitter, or ever had a desire to "join" that sub. I'm sure there are lots of other communities I would find quite abhorrent, that's why I don't follow them or their comments. Nobody's forcing you to send pictures of your forearm to anyone, and if they wanted you to, you could just...not?

I'd hesitate to make any broad-reaching statements about Reddit at all, be they positive or negative, since it's a massive website with thousands and thousands of different subreddits and millions of users. It is no one single thing, it's incredibly diverse.

• Agree 3

44 minutes ago, Khromak said:

I mean sure, if you host every community on the entire globe, you're going to have some weirdos. The beauty of reddit is that you can pick and choose which communities you choose to engage with. If there are a group of shitty people being dickheads, you just don't subscribe to that subreddit and you'll never know they exist.

I've never heard of blackpeopletwitter, or ever had a desire to "join" that sub. I'm sure there are lots of other communities I would find quite abhorrent, that's why I don't follow them or their comments. Nobody's forcing you to send pictures of your forearm to anyone, and if they wanted you to, you could just...not?

I'd hesitate to make any broad-reaching statements about Reddit at all, be they positive or negative, since it's a massive website with thousands and thousands of different subreddits and millions of users. It is no one single thing, it's incredibly diverse.

I usually just browse the front page, NFL, and game collecting, with the occasional nes and snes

But they keep making it less mobile friendly and I’m not getting an app so it probably won’t last forever

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ThePhleo said:

Ive never heard or seen that. How would you even find something like that? I would have to guess your browsing a lot of political stuff or something to have the algorithm  pop that up for you or you were searching for something related

I don’t use reddit but stuff I see tagged #blackpeopletwitter is just funny. It’s racial content but it’s a lot of self-recognition and jokes and burns and observational shit about Black life. And I get why they might have an entry requirement. Because otherwise you’ve got a high potential for some good ole boys somewhere to pretend to be Black and do some real Jigaboo, Golliwog shit. It’s not exclusionary. It’s a guardrail. One can still read there.