IGNORED

2023 VGS NES Weekly Contest - Yo! Noid

BeaIank

12 minutes ago, Gloves said:

You're OG Doug - the one with the cocaine in it.

I'm the '80s Doug, which also explains the cocaine. I think @bertsampson admitted to being on some kind of horse steroids. @docile tapeworm is close enough to Miami that god knows what he's done. Colorado is a godless wasteland so that crew could be on anything.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

1 hour ago, mbd39 said:

Anyone watch Gaming Historian on Youtube? He needs to do an episode on this game. For some reason it fascinates me. I'd love to know more about its history and how they got the idea to reskin some weird ninja game as a Noid game for the US.

That’d be cool but some times some events are hard to find details for.  Still, it might be worth suggesting.

Fun fact, back when I decided to pick up a pair of Game Factory Genesis carts, I bought a set from one seller on eBay.  After they arrived I rewatched the episode on Gaming Historian about New Leaf.  Turns out, I had purchased the exact set of carts used on that episode!

Edited by RH

6 minutes ago, RH said:

That’s be cool but some times some events are hard to find details for.  Still, it might be worth suggesting.

Fun fact, back when I decided to pick up a pair of Game Factory Genesis carts, I bought a set from one seller on eBay.  After they arrived I rewatched the episode on Gaming Historian about New Leaf.  Turns out, I had purchased the exact set of carts used on that episode!

There's a frustrating lack of info about Yo Noid online other than the basic details. It's such an oddity.

2 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Colorado is a godless wasteland so that crew could be on anything.

When I escaped to the north I discovered there was nothing to do here but farm and fish. The wildest thing I see is people make "tacos in a bag" which is something I'd never experienced until. Every restaurant also carries cinnamon rolls glazed in maple frosting. 

11 hours ago, mbd39 said:

Anyone watch Gaming Historian on Youtube? He needs to do an episode on this game. For some reason it fascinates me. I'd love to know more about its history and how they got the idea to reskin some weird ninja game as a Noid game for the US.

I kinda want to play the original game now.

11 hours ago, SuperJimtendo said:

When I escaped to the north I discovered there was nothing to do here but farm and fish. The wildest thing I see is people make "tacos in a bag" which is something I'd never experienced until. Every restaurant also carries cinnamon rolls glazed in maple frosting. 

The hipsters here call it a “walking taco”. It’s all the rage. I just see a bunch of people wandering around the 16th street mall with bags of Doritos stuffed with white people taco toppings. 
Like why the fuck can’t they just get a real taco and walk around with it ? Why do we white peoples have to fuck everything up?

There is also a thing called “walking tamales”. 

This all frustrates me to no end.

Why can’t you walk with a real taco or tamale ? Hell. I walk around with a bowl of fucking ramen pretty regularly. It’s not that hard.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Richardhead said:

Doritos stuffed with white people taco toppings. 
Like why the fuck can’t they just get a real taco and walk around with it ? Why do we white peoples have to fuck everything up?

Don't blame me. I prefer authentic Mexican syle tacos over the Americanized Taco Bell style ones. I also want to go to my nearest authentic Mexican place and order tacos "stuffed with white people toppings" to see if they laugh as hard at that as I did.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

6 hours ago, Richardhead said:

There's at least 3 white people "Mexican" joints in town and a couple more authentic places. But every single event around that says "good will be provided" fucking generic doritos with grade school taco meat

• Angry 1