IGNORED

2023 VGS NES Weekly Contest - Yo! Noid

BeaIank

Administrator · Posted
3 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

Impossible to lose, but you can miss out on points. At least int he first contest. Subsequent contests you you can get more doubles, etc.

Lemme be more clear - it's impossible to not get the full 10k points as long as you pick up all of the cards.

It's important to note since you may not be aware based on what you said, there are two double cards on the first level.

23 hours ago, Gloves said:

It's certainly doable, and I've left a few points on the table from not shooting the scrolls (10 whole points each), and not using certain speedrun strats that are hard to nail (100 points per second wasted).

I took forever getting through the rotating platform section of stage 4, so that could have been part of it. 

35 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Lemme be more clear - it's impossible to not get the full 10k points as long as you pick up all of the cards.

It's important to note since you may not be aware based on what you said, there are two double cards on the first level.

The other double must be well hidden because I've never found it. That's a game changer though.

Administrator · Posted
1 hour ago, mbd39 said:

The other double must be well hidden because I've never found it. That's a game changer though.

(it's easy to get without committing suicide, I just wanted to show exactly where it is and that it is indeed a double)

On 9/6/2023 at 1:20 PM, Gloves said:

It's certainly doable, and I've left a few points on the table from not shooting the scrolls (10 whole points each), and not using certain speedrun strats that are hard to nail (100 points per second wasted).

So you only get 10 points extra for shooting the scrolls instead of just picking them up? I didn't need the spells so I hadn't been shooting them.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

Administrator · Posted
25 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

So you only get 10 points extra for shooting the scrolls instead of just picking them up? I didn't need the spells so I hadn't been shooting them.

Yeah you get 10 points for hitting the scroll, then the usual 500 for picking it up same as if you'd not hit it.

Just now, mbd39 said:

The skateboard level is surprisingly easy once you get it down.

I probably have the most annoyance with the moving ice platforms in stage 2. I hate how you just fall off if you're too close to the edge.

The ice platforms in stage two and the rotating platforms in stage four are the worst parts for me.