IGNORED

2023 VGS NES Weekly Contest - Yo! Noid

BeaIank

Administrator · Posted
22 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

The ice platforms in stage two and the rotating platforms in stage four are the worst parts for me.

If you have issues with the ice, you might try jumping over and over on them. You have better control over Noid in the air than on the ice. 

• Agree 1

Man, I am so glad to hear some of you guys coming around to this game,  no it’s not perfect, but this was one of about 6 games I had on the NES as a kid and I loved it.

I think I didn’t beat it until I got a Game Genie but it was still fun regardless and I put a LOT of hours in it.  

52 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

You might as well. You could even order Domino's!

@JamesRobot and myself used to order Domino’s like 3 or 4 times a week. It was a pizza called the Doublemelt. It’s hard to describe it, but it was fucking amazing. I won’t order from there until they bring it back.

#bringbackthedoublemelt 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Richardhead said:

@JamesRobot and myself used to order Domino’s like 3 or 4 times a week. It was a pizza called the Doublemelt. It’s hard to describe it, but it was fucking amazing. I won’t order from there until they bring it back.

#bringbackthedoublemelt 

Is this it? I wonder if it was a regional thing since I don't remember the Domino's by me having them. After more research, apparently you can still get them at Domino's in Pakistan. Do with that information what you will.

206743334_10159264818702349_769839495550

Edited by Bearcat-Doug
  • Wow! 1

Administrator · Posted
49 minutes ago, RH said:

Man, I am so glad to hear some of you guys coming around to this game,  no it’s not perfect, but this was one of about 6 games I had on the NES as a kid and I loved it.

I think I didn’t beat it until I got a Game Genie but it was still fun regardless and I put a LOT of hours in it.  

I also had the game as a kid, and have loved the Noid character for just as long. The game honestly isn't even that bad, just a bit difficult. Once you know the levels, and/or if you just take your time, it's all quite manageable. Fun even. 

• Love 1

1 minute ago, Gloves said:

I also had the game as a kid, and have loved the Noid character for just as long. The game honestly isn't even that bad, just a bit difficult. Once you know the levels, and/or if you just take your time, it's all quite manageable. Fun even. 

Apparently owning a game as a kid gives you an advantage during the contests. I had Rad Racer and look how that worked out.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

This game has a learning curve. It's going to piss off most people right from the get go with the ice physics and unforgiving skateboard hitbox and they won't give it a chance.

I worked at Domino's and it had a similar learning curve. The ice physics in the parking lot during the winter were just like the game. They didn't let us deliver pizzas on skateboards though.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug
  • Haha 1

Events Team · Posted

Aw fuck, the Double Melt was amazing.  It was 2 stacked thin crusts with this melty cream cheese(?) sauce in the middle.  Best chain pizza ever delivered.  Those were the days 

God damn I hate you, Dominos.  And I will never forgive you for getting rid of it.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, JamesRobot said:

Aw fuck, the Double Melt was amazing.  It was 2 stacked thin crusts with this melty cream cheese(?) sauce in the middle.  Best chain pizza ever delivered.  Those were the days 

God damn I hate you, Dominos.  And I will never forgive you for getting rid of it.

The Domino's up the street from me is awful. If you order extra cheese/toppings, I swear they ignore it. They literally put so much sauce on the pizzas that the cheese slides off when you pick up a slice. If you ask for light sauce, they spread it so thin that you can't even tell for sure it's there. They are so bad that they seriously have a sign on the door asking people not to leave negative reviews online if you have an issue. If it wasn't for me being able to get a $7.99 large pizza less than a mile away, I'd never go there.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

56 minutes ago, Gloves said:

My main takeaway is that you are better than me at this game. 😂

• Haha 1

The skateboard hit box is what kept  screwing up my runs. Might get a chance to boost my score tomorrow but I'm probably done. Had two people quit at work and spy hunter isn't that enjoyable for me anyway so this might be a break week while I figure shit out. 

Edited by SuperJimtendo