IGNORED

2023 VGS NES Weekly Contest - Yo! Noid

BeaIank

4 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

Damn that’s awesome. Do they still have the lunch buffet? There was two in the closet town over but one closed down. The other one, right off I-10 is still open but it’s pickup only. It’s creepy inside. Last time I picked a pizza up there I felt like I was in an abandoned video. The dining area is still there and it’s big but all the lights are off, the chairs are upside down on the tables and it’s roped off. I asked “can you still dine in?” And the lady said “no, it’s been pickup only for about three years now…”

onky way that place is still in business is the people off the highway and hotels.

They had the lunch buffet, but they turned it into a salad bar a few years back. 

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I thought it seemed like skinny's account had been hacked or something. I miss his long and crazy Wednesday stories. One can only imagine that he published them in book form entitled Fear and Loathing in South Florida.

"Worm & Peace" ??

nah

"Worm & Pizza"

Edited by PII

My family didn’t drink but I remember beer at Pizza Hut, or rather, seeing people order it by the pitcher.

34 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

The one here still looks the same as it did in the '80s inside.

dfd0eea0-bc71-4b44-8890-143a84dc8020

I’ve seen old, dine-in Pizza Hut’s from time to time, but not a one with those OG lights! I feel like that place should be a pizza/nostalgia nerds bucket list destination! I’d sure stop by it if I passed it by on a trip.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, RH said:

My family didn’t drink but I remember beer at Pizza Hut, or rather, seeing people order it by the pitcher.

I’ve seen old, dine-in Pizza Hut’s from time to time, but not a one with those OG lights! I feel like that place should be a pizza/nostalgia nerds bucket list destination! I’d sure stop by it if I passed it by on a trip.

It's actually branded as a "Pizza Hut Classic" which are intentionally retro looking dine in locations. This one opened in 1977, so they basically haven't ever changed.

https://rolandopujol.substack.com/p/the-retrologists-guide-to-pizza-hut

• Wow! 1

8 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

It's actually branded as a "Pizza Hut Classic" which are intentionally retro looking dine in locations. This one opened in 1977, so they basically haven't ever changed.

https://rolandopujol.substack.com/p/the-retrologists-guide-to-pizza-hut

Haha, wow.  This one is in a very small rural town where I went to college.  I remembered that they had an old Pizza Hut that also "never changed".  I'm glad to see it's now branded as a "Classic".  It was back in 2000, so I'm glad to hear it's not changed.  They had a buffet back then too.  I assume the still might.

image.png.91a39fb99983be62c46d39be9d7a4a7b.png

Edited by RH
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, RH said:

Haha, wow.  This one is in a very small rural town where I went to college.  I remembered that had an old Pizza Hut that also "never changed".  I'm glad to see it's now branded as a "Classic".  It was back in 2000, so I'm glad to hear it's not changed.  They had a buffet back then too.  I assume the still might.

image.png.91a39fb99983be62c46d39be9d7a4a7b.png

I'm near the Georgetown, OH location. The last time I was in there, they only had two people working. For a town of about 4,500 people there's a Pizza Hut, Domino's, Little Caesar's and a family owned local place thats been around for over 50 years. I remember when Pizza Hut used to be packed all of the time, but their prices really went up and it seems to have hurt their business. They have the Wing Street wings at this location too, but they charge $22.49 for a dozen wings which is way too high.

Oh, sorry.  One more thing about Pizza Hut--they still do Book-It, even if you homeschool.  It's more of a manual, do-it-yourself thing because you sign-up on line.  No, you don't get the navy blue button that you put the gold stars on, but that was retired a long time ago.

We've ordered a lot of personal pan pizzas for free through Book-It the past 6 years.  If you have little ones, it's worth signing them up for... just be honest. 😉

https://www.bookitprogram.com/bookit_enrollment/form/enrollment

• Love 1

Just now, Bearcat-Doug said:

I'm near the Georgetown, OH location. The last time I was in there, they only had two people working. For a town of about 4,500 people there's a Pizza Hut, Domino's, Little Caesar's and a family owned local place thats been around for over 50 years. I remember when Pizza Hut used to be packed all of the time, but their prices really went up and it seems to have hurt their business. They have the Wing Street wings at this location too, but they charge $22.49 for a dozen wings which is way too high.

Yeah, wings managed to get super expensive every where toward the middle of COVID.  When we had the chicken shortage due to all of the chicken population being nearly wiped out to a bird flu, they sky rocketed.  We use to eat wings a lot, and get 20-30 from various wing places around us.  Now, I might treat myself to 6 5 from the Chinese restaurant because they are good and not as expensive.

3 minutes ago, RH said:

Oh, sorry.  One more thing about Pizza Hut--they still do Book-It, even if you homeschool.  It's more of a manual, do-it-yourself thing because you sign-up on line.  No, you don't get the navy blue button that you put the gold stars on, but that was retired a long time ago.

We've ordered a lot of personal pan pizzas for free through Book-It the past 6 years.  If you have little ones, it's worth signing them up for... just be honest. 😉

https://www.bookitprogram.com/bookit_enrollment/form/enrollment

The one here still had the blue buttons with the gold star stickers just like when I was a kid last time I checked.

• Love 2

Just now, RH said:

Yeah, wings managed to get super expensive every where toward the middle of COVID.  When we had the chicken shortage due to all of the chicken population being nearly wiped out to a bird flu, they sky rocketed.  We use to eat wings a lot, and get 20-30 from various wing places around us.  Now, I might treat myself to 6 5 from the Chinese restaurant because they are good and not as expensive.

My sports bar hangout still does half price wings on Wednesdays. I can get a dozen there for about $8 and they are huge.

• Wow! 1

5 minutes ago, RH said:

I think the Chinese place closest to me charges $8 for six small fried wings. They used to have great prices, but they have gone up 50% across the board in the past two years. They even switched to carry out only so they could cut back on staffing expenses.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, captmorgandrinker said:

We had a KFC nearby with a buffet.   It was as diarrhea-inducing as you would imagine.

I wish they had that near me, but we have a Taco Bell which basically has the same effect. Nothing beats White Castle though if you want to eat something that doubles as a laxative.

On 9/4/2023 at 7:15 PM, Bearcat-Doug said:

I played some for fun today and the third stage is really hard. You have to kill enemies with a skateboard and it seems like you have to hit them perfectly with the edge or you get killed.

The hitbox for killing enemies with your skateboard is ridiculously picky for a game with ONE HIT DEATHS. It's borderline broken.

43 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

The hitbox for killing enemies with your skateboard is ridiculously picky for a game with ONE HIT DEATHS. It's borderline broken.

I thought the same thing. It's a bit easier when you get the hang of it, but the fact you have to specifically hit the enemies with the edge of the skateboard doesn't make a lot of sense.