IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Tournament Round 2 - Excitebike

BeaIank

50 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

I should have practiced beating all the tracks in A mode just to learn how all the ramps and stuff works, and then gone on to B. But I don't love this game enough to spend a lot of time with it.

That's actually how the arcade game works. Each track has a qualifying round without any other bikers before you play the actual race. The Famicom Disk System got a perfect port of the arcade game. The NES version seems like it was rushed to get it out for a launch title.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mbd39 said:

I wonder who will win Excitebike. My money is on Chairy.

No fuck this game, it's not bad but playing this way is pretty much zero fun. I put a few hours in today and i'm over it, if i wake up in the middle of the night i'll probably try some more but I really doubt i'll improve my time.  Having to do one run straight through there's just so many resets it gets old fast.

Events Team · Posted
46 minutes ago, Tablew/chairs said:

No fuck this game, it's not bad but playing this way is pretty much zero fun. I put a few hours in today and i'm over it, if i wake up in the middle of the night i'll probably try some more but I really doubt i'll improve my time.  Having to do one run straight through there's just so many resets it gets old fast.

Yeah, we're taking good notes of this for the future. Sorry for that torturous ruling.

39 minutes ago, guillavoie said:

Well, we could have ask to do each of the qualifying runs separately, like we did way back in 2010 and 2012.

Going easy on us huh? 🙂 all in one run you pansies! 
plus aren’t the tracks different if you select them individually? 

Edited by skinnygrinny

2 hours ago, Tablew/chairs said:

...if i wake up in the middle of the night i'll probably try some more but I really doubt i'll improve my time.

Rotfl 😂 I’m glad im not the only one who has to wake up in the middle of the night (I’m like a 2-4am) in order to have time to play.

im trying to get some runs in now but the little one isn’t having it. 
we’re more interested in couch forts and pillow fights right now lol ❤️

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, BeaIank said:

Yeah, my bad. 😞

I shouldn't have asked for continuous runs, but instead for single times for each race.

Meh, what good is a contest of its not challenging😁 I’ve been frustrated not being able to get a full run complete, but it’s given be a reason to play excitebike for an unreasonable amount of time this week.😂

• Thanks 2