IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Tournament Round 2 - Excitebike

BeaIank

13 hours ago, skinnygrinny said:

Damn. Some more time/experience with this one and I could have really competed for the win. 

played this game more this week than I ever had and it was cool to log some good gameplay hours on the actual cart I had played sparingly as a kid. 

thanks mom ❤️

I still have my cart that I got for Christmas back in 1987. It was the first NES game I owned (besides SMB/Duck Hunt), which is why I played it so much.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

Poor barrels didn't even post a score. I hope he sticks around for Balloon Fight.

Despite my hatred of the game I really meant to post a score, but we're planning a big renovation and unfortunately time got away from me 😕 Even if I posted a score for Excite Bike, I'll be honest, I was really never in contention here, lol. I hate missing a week though.

Will definitely be posting something for Balloon Fight. I recall getting massive cramps from playing this in the past, but maybe I was just not doing it right. I do enjoy it though.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, barrels said:

Despite my hatred of the game I really meant to post a score, but we're planning a big renovation and unfortunately time got away from me 😕 Even if I posted a score for Excite Bike, I'll be honest, I was really never in contention here, lol. I hate missing a week though.

Will definitely be posting something for Balloon Fight. I recall getting massive cramps from playing this in the past, but maybe I was just not doing it right. I do enjoy it though.

I understand. I had to force myself to post anything. It was a one and done for me.

Balloon Fight is way more fun.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, bertsampson said:

I too have my cart from Xmas '87.  Along with Commando, Rad Racer, and RC Pro Am!

I got RC Pro Am and Rad Racer from my dad that same Christmas. I never had Commando though. Man, we're old! It's tough for me to use that as an excuse to stay retired when you're (slightly) older than I am! 😂

1 hour ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I got RC Pro Am and Rad Racer from my dad that same Christmas. I never had Commando though. Man, we're old! It's tough for me to use that as an excuse to stay retired when you're (slightly) older than I am! 😂

Honestly, you can't use that excuse anymore.  Next year we'll show these little whippersnappers what's up!

18 minutes ago, bertsampson said:

Honestly, you can't use that excuse anymore.  Next year we'll show these little whippersnappers what's up!

That's the plan. I'm kind of operating with a makeshift setup at the moment so I'm hoping to have something nailed down and ready to go by the time next season starts.

1 hour ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

38 minutes ago, bertsampson said:

What are you guys 100 years old? 
I’m 36

anyway wampson better go back to back titles cause it’s the last one he will win! 

im not taking any prisoners from here out! 

1 hour ago, mbd39 said:

Hey skinny, have you gotten the chance to try Balloon Fight yet?

Not yet. I’m kinda discouraged after last weeks results plus wampsons early score for ballon fight. 
im gonna have to dig deep and get out of this defeated mood to try and salvage 3rd this year... maybe I can pull 2nd but ole chairy probably got me beat in balloon fight too. 

3 minutes ago, skinnygrinny said:

I’m 36

anyway wampson better go back to back titles cause it’s the last one he will win! 

Based on Bert's profile he just turned 40 and my birthday is in February so we can hold team meetings at the diner where we can order dinner at 4:00 pm from the senior menu.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, skinnygrinny said:

I’m 36

I think gutsman is even older. If you displease him he will bang his walker on the floor causing boulders to fall from the sky.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bertsampson said:

WelI, I would like to say we have a pretty good team put together led by the icon, the showstopper and the main event @Bearcat-Doug. Then there's The Game @bertsampson and the New Age Outlaws of @gutsman004 and @Richardhead, so I guess the real question is are they ready? So if @skinnygrinny and the cauliflower crew aren't down with that, we got two words for ya!

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

Just now, skinnygrinny said:

Cauliflower crew join forces with white trash management?!

wwwooo!

That makes it 4 against 4. I tried to get you on the winning team, but you wanted to go lone wolf Baron Corbin. Now you have to hope those other three cauliflower eaters take you as their fourth member. I hope they do, because the trash talk next season will be epic!

15 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

WelI, I would like to say we have a pretty good team put together led by the icon, the showstopper and the main event @Bearcat-Doug. Then there's The Game @bertsampson and the New Age Outlaws of @gutsman004 and @Richardhead, so I guess the real question is are they ready? So if @skinnygrinny and the cauliflower crew aren't down with that, we got two words for ya!

You call that a “team”?! 
3 old farts who used to play video games with Barney rubble and a fluke one win champ who still rides a bike to school! 

Get outta here with that! 

59 minutes ago, skinnygrinny said:

Not yet. I’m kinda discouraged after last weeks results plus wampsons early score for ballon fight. 
im gonna have to dig deep and get out of this defeated mood to try and salvage 3rd this year... maybe I can pull 2nd but ole chairy probably got me beat in balloon fight too. 

I'm looking forward to your reaction to Balloon Trip. There's a learning curve.

2 minutes ago, skinnygrinny said:

You call that a “team”?! 
3 old farts who used to play video games with Barney rubble and a fluke one win champ who still rides a bike to school! 

Get outta here with that! 

After @bertsampson brings home the title this year, my team will have more championships than you and the three remaining members of the cauliflower crew have members! 😂