IGNORED

Beat Every N64 Game - 2023 - 303/303 -- BOOGIE DOWN

Splain

Editorials Team · Posted

I resent those times for Hydro Thunder and Extreme-G. I've already put plenty of time in each and I have a lot of stuff still to do. Once I'm good at the games, maybe I'll be able to beat them start to finish in those times.

Maybe those racing games aren't for me. I'll take a break and check out Iggy's Reckin Balls.

I started following a guide for Indiana Jones after getting stuck in the 2nd level and it was going fairly quickly.
I'm at Palawan Temple now, which should be about a third of the way through, and this level is terrible.
It's hard to properly control the distance of your jump in this game and they still decided to throw this at the player😐
oPzh2wd.png

I'll keep at it.

• Like 2

Editorials Team · Posted

@Jeevan I've been looking at it, and there's definitely no like, 1-player Story mode, but it looks like there are 1-player Trials for... every character? Tell me if this is right, it seems you can do the trials and unlock characters as you go, then do those new trials as you unlock them. Looking on YouTube, even when you unlock every character and do every trial, it still just dumps you back to the character select screen, no ending at all. There are things to unlock, does it make sense to do something like Unlock Every Character? How are they unlocked? How many characters are there to begin with? I'm asking you all this because you know this game way more than I do.

Unrelated, I've run into a bug when emulating Iggy's Reckin Balls, and from Googling, it looks like it's universal across emulators with verified clean rom dumps. This is the same thing that happened with Blues Brothers, it's not emulatable. So I'm gonna call dibs on Iggy's Reckin Balls and find a real-life copy to play.

Events Helper · Posted
23 minutes ago, Splain said:

@Jeevan I've been looking at it, and there's definitely no like, 1-player Story mode, but it looks like there are 1-player Trials for... every character? Tell me if this is right, it seems you can do the trials and unlock characters as you go, then do those new trials as you unlock them. Looking on YouTube, even when you unlock every character and do every trial, it still just dumps you back to the character select screen, no ending at all. There are things to unlock, does it make sense to do something like Unlock Every Character? How are they unlocked? How many characters are there to begin with? I'm asking you all this because you know this game way more than I do.

Unrelated, I've run into a bug when emulating Iggy's Reckin Balls, and from Googling, it looks like it's universal across emulators with verified clean rom dumps. This is the same thing that happened with Blues Brothers, it's not emulatable. So I'm gonna call dibs on Iggy's Reckin Balls and find a real-life copy to play.

i dont know how many characters there are, but it is a pain in the ass 😆.  I guess if u require to unlock every character i can, but i dont know that i can beat at least one of the dudes i have im not sure if there are 14 or more characters, but either way it really is a ball ache when you only have 2 or 3 lives for something that requires 4 or 5 lol.  i would say it would be complete, but u are the n64 guru/god here.........

17 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

@Splain they are unlocked as you beat it with another character, so.......i played as a raptor with no guns and beat it, if that tells you how the difficutly ramps up.......

I've beat Turok Rage Wars before, a couple years back. I'd say it's possibly the best Turok game of all, although as it's death match only it's a little too limited to definitively state that.

It does take a while to unlock all the characters and play through all their various trials, but all the trials are SLIGHTLY different so you haven't really seen everything in the game till you've done them all.

That's the way I felt playing it anyway, but then again a lot of the content in each character's trials ARE repeated content, so I don't know if you wanna do them all.

Events Helper · Posted
2 minutes ago, OptOut said:

I've beat Turok Rage Wars before, a couple years back. I'd say it's possibly the best Turok game of all, although as it's death match only it's a little too limited to definitively state that.

It does take a while to unlock all the characters and play through all their various trials, but all the trials are SLIGHTLY different so you haven't really seen everything in the game till you've done them all.

That's the way I felt playing it anyway, but then again a lot of the content in each character's trials ARE repeated content, so I don't know if you wanna do them all.

exactly, its a bunch of repeat........so imo its done, but i will refer to you and @Splain to hash it out.  I can beat some more if u all want, but i dont know how much more of the same shit i can take, just harder.......... 🤣

Superman is done:
BNUSAtI.png
1uMtVer.png
P0tVhZ7.png

I can see why people call this the worst game on the console, this game is a mess. 💩

We still have 41 games left with 11 weeks remaining, so we'll need to beat 3.7 games a week if we still want to get this done. I'll try to beat a game a week, let's get this done!

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Editorials Team · Posted
13 hours ago, Jeevan said:

exactly, its a bunch of repeat........so imo its done, but i will refer to you and @Splain to hash it out.  I can beat some more if u all want, but i dont know how much more of the same shit i can take, just harder.......... 🤣

You say it's done, then what would you say is the requirement for future years?

• Sad 1

• The title was changed to Beat Every N64 Game - 2023 - 263/303
Editorials Team · Posted
6 hours ago, Jeevan said:

why u put this on me 🤣 im not really sure, maybe ill tinker with it some more, but man its a time sink.......

I know, and I don't want to be a jerk but I don't want to just mark it off, we've all had to do some crazy tine sinks this year lol. If it really is just looped/repeated content then we don't have to require it, but we'd need to know where the looping starts.

@OptOut when you beat Rage Wars did you do every trial with every character?