IGNORED

Beat Every N64 Game - 2023 - 303/303 -- BOOGIE DOWN

Splain

Editorials Team · Posted
3 hours ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

I don’t even know if that will work, you have to kinda intentionally lose some matches but definitely win others. The most obvious solution is to lose any World title shot you have, win the Royal Rumble and lose any World title shot between then and Wrestlemania. At least that’s more or less what I do. Winning the RR is a major bitch since there is no dedicated “throw opponent over the rope button” you have to just strong punch them which can be easily countered and lead to being punched out yourself. So the RR is where your going to have to do the save scumming 

Yikes, really?? I should add this to the requirement.

Events Helper · Posted
9 minutes ago, Splain said:

What's everyone working on? I'm looking at Micro Machines, Extreme G and Extreme G 2, I don't know if I'll beat them all but I'm going to check them out if nobody's on them yet. How are these coming?

Bomberman 64: The Second Attack - @Brickman
Brunswick Circuit Pro Bowling - @Nugfish
Conker's Bad Fur Day - @McBryce
Doom 64 - @ZeldaFreak
International Superstar Soccer 2000 - @McBryce
Ogre Battle 64 - @ZeldaFreak
StarCraft 64 - @Jeevan

I will get it done, just dragging my feet and riding a bike 😆.  trying to knock out other things that might be quicker, like wrasslin, but starcraft will get done.

5 hours ago, Splain said:

Yikes, really?? I should add this to the requirement.

I mean winning the championship at Wrestlemania IS how you get credits. So it’s not like it’s a special condition, it’s the only condition to achieve the goal. 

That being said, it’s ironic that you could have the perfect streak and win every match and it will actually be detrimental to you as you won’t have the title match at Wrestlemania, but will still have a match on that “pay per view.”

It might be more conducive to just say play the “road to wrestlemania” mode to completion. You’ll still play the whole game through, it’s just your last match may not be the championship match.

Otherwise you’ll have to okay through the whole “year” or “season mode” from the beginning all over again 

• Thanks 1

Events Helper · Posted
1 hour ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

I mean winning the championship at Wrestlemania IS how you get credits. So it’s not like it’s a special condition, it’s the only condition to achieve the goal. 

That being said, it’s ironic that you could have the perfect streak and win every match and it will actually be detrimental to you as you won’t have the title match at Wrestlemania, but will still have a match on that “pay per view.”

It might be more conducive to just say play the “road to wrestlemania” mode to completion. You’ll still play the whole game through, it’s just your last match may not be the championship match.

Otherwise you’ll have to okay through the whole “year” or “season mode” from the beginning all over again 

i like your win condition better than @Splain's BUT, it has been done in the past so i kinda think we should stick with it, games should be a pain to an extent, and since you can theoretically save scum the royal rumble, then its doable i guess......

Events Helper · Posted
13 minutes ago, Nugfish said:

@Splain

I have played a couple tournaments so far, but haven't won any yet. I am still trying to remember the lines I used to win last year. I am confident I'll knock the rust off, but if someone wants to give it a crack, have at it.

he lives 😉  welcome back?

Events Helper · Posted
46 minutes ago, Nugfish said:

Kind of. I have had a black cloud following me the last few months and I've been spending most of my time putting out fires instead of playing video games. Hoping to be able to have some off-time to put towards some gaming. 🤞

hope it gets better.

• Thanks 1

On 9/6/2023 at 4:59 AM, ikk said:

Great to see you knocking out so many racers 😃

Doing what I can to help...though anyone can feel free to take care of a few them. I never realized just how many racers there were for the 64.

@Jeevan weren't you going to take care of 77 games this year? You still good for that? By my count that would leave 27 for you and 22 for the rest of us. Seems pretty fair and balanced to me 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Events Helper · Posted
25 minutes ago, Tantalus said:

Doing what I can to help...though anyone can feel free to take care of a few them. I never realized just how many racers there were for the 64.

@Jeevan weren't you going to take care of 77 games this year? You still good for that? By my count that would leave 27 for you and 22 for the rest of us. Seems pretty fair and balanced to me 😉

I mean, im trying buddy!  I know you are obviously kidding, and if we beat the library i can play other games i hadn't beaten.  Now that 77 was gonna be games i hadn't previously beaten before, but ya, that ain't happening, but i am making good progress on that.  Beat many more games than i normally would have this year.  I will do my best to get the 27, but no promises 😆

• The title was changed to Beat Every N64 Game - 2023 - 255/303
On 9/6/2023 at 1:40 PM, Splain said:

What's everyone working on? I'm looking at Micro Machines, Extreme G and Extreme G 2, I don't know if I'll beat them all but I'm going to check them out if nobody's on them yet. How are these coming?

Bomberman 64: The Second Attack - @Brickman
Brunswick Circuit Pro Bowling - @Nugfish
Conker's Bad Fur Day - @McBryce
Doom 64 - @ZeldaFreak
International Superstar Soccer 2000 - @McBryce
Ogre Battle 64 - @ZeldaFreak
StarCraft 64 - @Jeevan

I promise I will get these both done by the end of the year. If someone else takes them, I won’t be mad, but I will definitely get them done.

• 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Beat Every N64 Game - 2023 - 258/303

I've looked up the remaining games in howlongtobeat (and some other places), we still have a couple long titles to go but it's definitely doable if enough people join for the final push.

The list:

Spoiler
Title HLTB Pts
StarCraft 64 50 4.5
Ogre Battle 64: Person of Lordly Caliber 44.5 4
World Driver Championship 35 4
Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine 18 4.5
Bass Hunter 64 16 5
Jet Force Gemini 15.5 3
Body Harvest 14.5 4.5
PGA European Tour 12.5 5.5
Conker's Bad Fur Day 11 2
Goemon's Great Adventure 11 4
Battlezone: Rise of the Black Dogs 10 4.5
Turok: Rage Wars 10 5
Nuclear Strike 64 9 5
Quake II 8 5
Doom 64 7 3
NBA Hang Time 7 4.5
WWF Attitude 7 4
Iggy's Reckin' Balls 6.5 5
Nightmare Creatures 6.5 3.5
Bomberman 64: The Second Attack 6 3.5
Superman 6 3
WWF Wrestlemania 2000 6 1.5
WWF War Zone 5.5 3.5
Armorines: Project S.W.A.R.M. 5 4.5
Centre Court Tennis (PAL) 5 3.5
F-1 World Grand Prix 5 5
International Superstar Soccer 2000 5 3.5
Rat Attack! 5 2.5
Carmageddon 64 4.5 3.5
F-1 World Grand Prix II (PAL) 4.5 4.5
Penny Racers 4.5 5.5
AeroFighters Assault 4 5.5
ECW Hardcore Revolution 3.5 3.5
Chopper Attack 3 4.5
Extreme-G 2 3 4
Micro Machines 64 Turbo 3 4.5
Quake 2.5 3.5
Hydro Thunder 2 4.5
Extreme-G 1.5 3
Clay Fighter: Sculptor's Cut 1 1
Mace: The Dark Age 1 3.5
Bottom of the 9th   5.5
Brunswick Circuit Pro Bowling   4.5
Mia Hamm Soccer 64   4

I've started Indiana Jones on project64 and I had some crashes at the end of the first level.

In case someone else runs into the same issue, these settings seem to have fixed it: set Recompiler to Virtual Lookup Table, uncheck every option on recompiler except Register Caching and Cache, set counter factor to 1 and VI Refresh to 1400.

• Like 1

Events Helper · Posted
12 minutes ago, ikk said:

I've looked up the remaining games in howlongtobeat (and some other places), we still have a couple long titles to go but it's definitely doable if enough people join for the final push.

The list:

Reveal hidden contents
Title HLTB Pts
StarCraft 64 50 4.5
Ogre Battle 64: Person of Lordly Caliber 44.5 4
World Driver Championship 35 4
Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine 18 4.5
Bass Hunter 64 16 5
Jet Force Gemini 15.5 3
Body Harvest 14.5 4.5
PGA European Tour 12.5 5.5
Conker's Bad Fur Day 11 2
Goemon's Great Adventure 11 4
Battlezone: Rise of the Black Dogs 10 4.5
Turok: Rage Wars 10 5
Nuclear Strike 64 9 5
Quake II 8 5
Doom 64 7 3
NBA Hang Time 7 4.5
WWF Attitude 7 4
Iggy's Reckin' Balls 6.5 5
Nightmare Creatures 6.5 3.5
Bomberman 64: The Second Attack 6 3.5
Superman 6 3
WWF Wrestlemania 2000 6 1.5
WWF War Zone 5.5 3.5
Armorines: Project S.W.A.R.M. 5 4.5
Centre Court Tennis (PAL) 5 3.5
F-1 World Grand Prix 5 5
International Superstar Soccer 2000 5 3.5
Rat Attack! 5 2.5
Carmageddon 64 4.5 3.5
F-1 World Grand Prix II (PAL) 4.5 4.5
Penny Racers 4.5 5.5
AeroFighters Assault 4 5.5
ECW Hardcore Revolution 3.5 3.5
Chopper Attack 3 4.5
Extreme-G 2 3 4
Micro Machines 64 Turbo 3 4.5
Quake 2.5 3.5
Hydro Thunder 2 4.5
Extreme-G 1.5 3
Clay Fighter: Sculptor's Cut 1 1
Mace: The Dark Age 1 3.5
Bottom of the 9th   5.5
Brunswick Circuit Pro Bowling   4.5
Mia Hamm Soccer 64   4

I've started Indiana Jones on project64 and I had some crashes at the end of the first level.

In case someone else runs into the same issue, these settings seem to have fixed it: set Recompiler to Virtual Lookup Table, uncheck every option on recompiler except Register Caching and Cache, set counter factor to 1 and VI Refresh to 1400.

@ikk push me to get this done!!!!!!  I will work on the final missions for starcraft 64 next week and work on chopper attack or the other 5 games i started!  I will jump back in, i need to as i need to beat games i haven't played!

• Like 1