IGNORED

Beat Every N64 Game - 2023 - 303/303 -- BOOGIE DOWN

Splain

I finished the first level of Body Harvest yesterday. I'm impressed they managed to get this open world game on the N64. The game has some frustrating bits (long time between saves, so dying can set you back a lot) but I'm having fun with it.

We only have 5 weeks remaining, how are all the claimed games going?

16 hours ago, Jeevan said:

picked up armorines again, finished a bit of it, bbut it is ass lol, so i will finish it, didn't get a chance to play mia hamm, had some stuff come up, but i will finish armorines asap and move on.

Ah, so you're going to beat Armorines then?

I was hoping to contribute at least one more game. So I think I'll give Rat Attack or NIghtmare Creatures a go in the next few days, if someone else hasn't beaten then until then. I'm back at work again and have so much stuff piled up that it's difficult to find the time for some more game completions.☹️

• Like 1

Events Helper · Posted
3 minutes ago, Gaia Gensouki said:

Ah, so you're going to beat Armorines then?

I was hoping to contribute at least one more game. So I think I'll give Rat Attack or NIghtmare Creatures a go in the next few days, if someone else hasn't beaten then until then. I'm back at work again and have so much stuff piled up that it's difficult to find the time for some more game completions.☹️

if I can see well enough, the game is dark on modern tvs lol, but I. gonna try yes.

Nice work, folks! Am I correct that this is what's left?

Armorines: Project S.W.A.R.M.    4.5     
Body Harvest    4.5    Complete all missions, 100% not required
Bomberman 64: The Second Attack    3.5    Any ending
Brunswick Circuit Pro Bowling    4.5    Finish first in one tournament
Carmageddon 64    3.5    Complete all races and missions in Carmageddon mode to see the ending
Doom 64    3    Defeat the Motherdemon on any difficulty to see the ending screen
ECW Hardcore Revolution    3.5    Win all three belts in story mode and do the title defenses
Mia Hamm Soccer 64    4    See "sports games" above
Nightmare Creatures    3.5     
Ogre Battle 64: Person of Lordly Caliber    4     
PGA European Tour    5.5    See "sports games" above
Rat Attack!    2.5     
WWF Attitude    4    Win all three belts in story mode and do the title defenses
WWF War Zone    3.5    Complete the story mode
WWF Wrestlemania 2000    1.5    Complete Road to Wrestlemania

If no one else gets to Rat Attack first I could beat it before the New Year, but my free time and will to play games are in very limited supply right now, so please don't let me stop you. (I kinda hate that game, but I think I can remember how to beat it.)

• The title was changed to Beat Every N64 Game - 2023 - 288/303
Editorials Team · Posted
1 hour ago, WalterWhiteJr. said:

Has anyone started bomberman 64 second attack? I could take that one on if not.

I started it but you can take it. I'm moving so slow that it's better to bring on more people and I'll hop to another game, no prob.

Brunswick Circuit Pro Bowling - @Nugfish
Carmageddon 64 - @ZeldaFan042
Doom 64 - @ZeldaFreak or perhaps @BlackVega
Ogre Battle 64 - @ZeldaFreak
PGA European Tour - @RetroMichel

Any updates on these?

17 minutes ago, Splain said:

I started it but you can take it. I'm moving so slow that it's better to bring on more people and I'll hop to another game, no prob.

Brunswick Circuit Pro Bowling - @Nugfish
Carmageddon 64 - @ZeldaFan042
Doom 64 - @ZeldaFreak or perhaps @BlackVega
Ogre Battle 64 - @ZeldaFreak
PGA European Tour - @RetroMichel

Any updates on these?

University classes will end on December 20th. I will beat it after the exams are completed.

You can count on me. 😉

• Thanks 1

On 11/23/2023 at 10:23 PM, Gaia Gensouki said:

@Tantalus Talk about great timing! 😆

Do you have any advice on how to tackle these F-1 racing games? Maybe as reference for the future?

Hmm, good question.

I think I started with Monaco Grand Prix which I think was easier than either of the F-1 World Grand Prix games (they've all blurred together a bit at this point, I apparently also played F1 Racing Championship, which I don't remember at all). I found the acceleration and braking assists actually made things more difficult for me, so I turned those off.

One of the things about the F-1 games is they have a lot of the same tracks, so once you've played through one of them, the others automatically become a bit easier. The tracks break down into 3 groups:

1. Ones I knew I could win on (usually ones where I could cut corners by driving across the grass/dirt, giving me a leg up on the CPU that has to slow down to take the corners properly)
  2. Tracks that I didn't stand a chance of winning and just had to move on
  3. The in between tracks where most of my time was spent and were a bit of a grind - multiple tries to eek out a few extra points to keep my place on top of the standings

The car settings are a pain, and one of my least favourite parts of these games, but once I managed to find settings that worked for me, I didn't adjust them too much between races.

• Thanks 1

Events Team · Posted

Meant to get it done earlier, but these last several weeks I've been feeling extremely fatigued and I'm not sure why, which made it a bit difficult for me to work up the motivation to play a lot of the time, many days where I just didn't play it at all because I really didn't feel like it, haha. But it's done now.

Give me a couple days and I'll breeze through DOOM 64 real quick, as planned that'll be my reward for putting myself through that slog, haha. After that I'll check out which games haven't been claimed and start working on another. @Nugfish hasn't been on since early October, so decent chance he might not show up again before the end of the year. If that ends up being the case I could probably pick up Brunswick Circuit Pro Bowling, I haven't played it but from the gameplay I've seen of it, it looks fairly straightforward. Frankly I think any game is gonna feel like a breeze after Ogre Battle, haha. I have no desire to play any other game like that ever again, I think I got my fill of that genre and I'd be content never playing another game like that for the rest of my life.

Events Team · Posted

I REALLY underestimated how much that game was gonna kick my ass, since 1: It's long as shit, 2: I don't really care for that genre all that much, and 3: I have very little experience within that genre in the first place, so it took me a pretty long time to get a grip on things. I've never been very good at these types of games. I thought it might take me a month or two at most to get through it, and here we are in late November, haha. I guess that's what happens when you try to force yourself to play a really long game you don't really like and are not very good at, lesson learned.

4 minutes ago, ZeldaFreak said:

I REALLY underestimated how much that game was gonna kick my ass, since 1: It's long as shit, 2: I don't really care for that genre all that much, and 3: I have very little experience within that genre in the first place, so it took me a pretty long time to get a grip on things. I've never been very good at these types of games. I thought it might take me a month or two at most to get through it, and here we are in late November, haha. I guess that's what happens when you try to force yourself to play a really long game you don't really like and are not very good at, lesson learned.

What game are you talking about? I can take on Doom 64 in December as I beat it probably over 5 times so I can put a swift work on it

Events Team · Posted
Just now, BlackVega said:

What game are you talking about? I can take on Doom 64 in December as I beat it probably over 5 times so I can put a swift work on it

Well in the bit you quoted I'm talking about Ogre Battle 64. DOOM 64 I'm gonna play anyway since I could probably beat it in just one or two sessions, and I've been meaning to play it for years now which is part of the reason I claimed it a long while back.

Rat Attack is done. I said screw it to my backlog challenge, seeing how close we are has gotten me hyped!

@bronzeshield no need to worry now 🙂

I had never played this game before but I actually loved it! It is an arcade puzzle type game and it was so much fun. The Art World was a PITA though. The only small gripe is that the camera would zoom out at times for some reason.

Is there any games remaining that aren’t too difficult and take max 5-7hours? I could knock one more off if there is. Not touching those wrestling games though.

IMG_6307.jpeg.e9eb2ddf9be4843272767ce2bf641536.jpeg

• Like 9

Events Team · Posted
6 minutes ago, Brickman said:

Rat Attack is done. I said screw it to my backlog challenge, seeing how close we are has gotten me hyped!

@bronzeshield no need to worry now 🙂

I had never played this game before but I actually loved it! It is an arcade puzzle type game and it was so much fun. The Art World was a PITA though. The only small gripe is that the camera would zoom out at times for some reason.

Is there any games remaining that aren’t too difficult and take max 5-7hours? I could knock one more off if there is. Not touching those wrestling games though.

IMG_6307.jpeg.e9eb2ddf9be4843272767ce2bf641536.jpeg

I was actually thinking of trying this one out after DOOM 64 since it looked like it might actually be kinda fun, haha.

Speaking of, decent bit in to DOOM 64 now and am loving it so far. Amazing how much quicker I can get through a game when I actually look forward to playing it rather than it feeling like a burden, haha.

And yeah, I think most of the games left by this point are in the shorter 5-10ish hour range, so you could probably pick up another.

I'm dreading the possibility that I might have to be the one to finish off the rest of those wrestling games but, gotta do what you gotta do.