IGNORED

Beat Every N64 Game - 2023 - 303/303 -- BOOGIE DOWN

Splain

14 hours ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

I was working on Conker too, Ive only just beaten Dracula though. I guess I’ll bow out of it

I’m don’t mind if you get it done, I’m going to finish it either way.

I got to the little girl giant bear boss tonight so I think I’m almost done with that chapter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeevan said:

3 of 29 teams beaten on NBA Hangtime, time to take a break and rest my hands and eyes from N64 for the night.....

FYI, I've been working on this one too. I'm at 24 or 25 teams beaten and hope to wrap it up yet this weekend.

I guess we're at the point where we really need to say what we're working on so that we don't double up our efforts.

I'm also about 1/4 of the way through F-1 World Grand Prix.

• Like 1

Events Helper · Posted
2 minutes ago, Tantalus said:

FYI, I've been working on this one too. I'm at 24 or 25 teams beaten and hope to wrap it up yet this weekend.

I guess we're at the point where we really need to say what we're working on so that we don't double up our efforts.

I'm also about 1/4 of the way through F-1 World Grand Prix.

aight, ill move on then lol, thanks for the heads up, definitely an nba jam clone lol

8 hours ago, Jeevan said:

That is what the thingy says @Splain, so prolly what they are going off of......

Hydro Thunder 4.5 Place 1st in all the Bonus tracks to unlock all the bonus boats

Yes, that's what I was referring to. Apparently, you get a message "All tracks unlocked" once you beat all of the bonus tracks and get a new racer on top of it. I will attempt it later today.

• Like 1

Hydro Thunder is done. The bonus tracks were actually among the easiest part of the game. I even managed to beat two of them on my first try. I was afraid that they would be on the same difficulty as hard or even worse, but luckily they turned out to be fun races. What a pleasant way to end a game.

Which game should I try next? Or rather, what's a game, that nobody is currently playing? I'm on vacation until next thursday and can participate a bit more.

HydroThunder.jpg.3d2cf751f88766ab79c0f7e3d7c37e15.jpg

HydroThunderRacers.jpg.74ce170531c8c1c350760e1c097cf4ff.jpg

• Like 7

Events Helper · Posted
Just now, Gaia Gensouki said:

Hydro Thunder is done. The bonus tracks were actually among the easiest part of the game. I even managed to beat two of them on my first try. I was afraid that they would be on the same difficulty as hard or even worse, but luckily they turned out to be fun races. What a pleasant way to end a game.

Which game should I try next? Or rather, what's a game, that nobody is currently playing? I'm on vacation until next thursday and can participate a bit more.

armorines?  body harvest?  another racing game?  take your pick and just knock it out lol.  

Events Helper · Posted
5 minutes ago, Gaia Gensouki said:

attitude or war zone?  or the ecw game, I can't play those very well.  don't know if u are any good at them or not, I like the other wrasslin games though.....

16 hours ago, Jeevan said:

aight, ill move on then lol, thanks for the heads up, definitely an nba jam clone lol

An NBA Jam clone with some atrocious rubber-banding. So many games won or lost by a single point. Somehow up by more than a couple points? Suddenly the CPU is draining half-court 3 pointers. And that's on the easiest difficulty setting. Ugh.

Anyway, made it through, so NBA Hang Time is done.

Hangtime.jpg

• Like 8

Events Helper · Posted
37 minutes ago, Tantalus said:

An NBA Jam clone with some atrocious rubber-banding. So many games won or lost by a single point. Somehow up by more than a couple points? Suddenly the CPU is draining half-court 3 pointers. And that's on the easiest difficulty setting. Ugh.

Anyway, made it through, so NBA Hang Time is done.

Hangtime.jpg

ya, it's kinda rough lol

• The title was changed to Beat Every N64 Game - 2023 - 284/303

I tried Armorines and oh boy is it difficult to get used to those old controls. Just moving around feels awkward and aiming is very difficult. On top of that the game is way too dark even if I turn my TV's brightness to maximum. Most of the time I can't even see where the path forward is, so I keep stumbling around and around. Then of course you also have to find switches, which are equally difficult to even see. It's such a miserable experience.

The game also wants you to accomplish several objectives per mission, which is fine. However, when you get to the end of a level, but didn't fulfill all of the objectives, then you'll encounter a game over. But in many cases I couldn't even tell that this was the exit to the level! So imagine having to redo 20 or 30 minute long missions just because you didn't know that a certain way was the exit. The game doesn't even warn you. They could have at least put up a message like do you really want to finish the mission? Or maybe don't even let the players leave the level until all objectives are cleared.

I also got to some sort of instant death trap in jungle 3, which made me quit the game out of frustration. I don't know if I want to continue this game as it feels like such a slog. No wonder that it has such a high point value.

Next up I tried the remaining F-1 racing game. However, I found out that I'm terrible at realistic/F-1 racing games. No matter how much I try or how I change the setting of the car, I still always get last place in the practice and qualifying races and maybe 18th place in an actual race, if I'm lucky. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong and maybe I need to consult a guide or longplay. But I will probably have to call it quits on this game as well. So overall not a really satisfying evening of gaming.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

F-1 World Grand Prix. I've played through several of the F1 games over the last few months, but this one felt like the toughest slog to get through, and I'm not really sure why. It doesn't feel that different than the others, and it's certainly not much different from it's own sequel, but I never felt like I got into a groove with it like I have with so many other racers (F1 and otherwise) this year. Glad it's done.

F1 World Grand Prix-b.jpg

F1 World Grand Prix-c.jpg

• Like 9