IGNORED

Beat Every N64 Game - 2023 - 303/303 -- BOOGIE DOWN

Splain

Editorials Team · Posted
13 hours ago, ikk said:

We still have 41 games left with 11 weeks remaining, so we'll need to beat 3.7 games a week if we still want to get this done. I'll try to beat a game a week, let's get this done!

Absolutely! It'll be really easy for this to get away from us if we don't do a good push.

39 minutes ago, Splain said:

I know, and I don't want to be a jerk but I don't want to just mark it off, we've all had to do some crazy tine sinks this year lol. If it really is just looped/repeated content then we don't have to require it, but we'd need to know where the looping starts.

@OptOut when you beat Rage Wars did you do every trial with every character?

Yep. 😎

Events Helper · Posted
5 hours ago, Splain said:

I know, and I don't want to be a jerk but I don't want to just mark it off, we've all had to do some crazy tine sinks this year lol. If it really is just looped/repeated content then we don't have to require it, but we'd need to know where the looping starts.

@OptOut when you beat Rage Wars did you do every trial with every character?

I mean, as far as I can tell it basically loops all stages, just ramps up the difficulty.  @OptOut can correct me if I'm wrong, and I'm sure he will.  you get upgrades along the way, but if u watch any long play of it, or any gameplay like mine, @ikk can attest to the fact that I have played the same capture the flag stage at 3, 5, 7 captures and its literally the same stage.  I would say maybe 5 of the potential 14 characters but let me play a bit more and see what is up with it.  I'm pretty sure it's just same stages with different number of kills/flag captures.  

Events Helper · Posted
2 hours ago, ikk said:

We could choose the raptor playthrough as an arbitrary endpoint.

From what I've seen on stream that seemed to have the most unique playstyle and you'd have to beat it with several other characters to unlock it. Plus it'd be done 😇

My only problem with the raptor endpoint is you get it after playing turoks campaign, which is the 1st one most people will go for, so I think maybe 5 or 6 clears would be a good stopping point because the last character I played was like 20 missions or something, encompassing the majority, if not, all of the levels.

4 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

I mean, as far as I can tell it basically loops all stages, just ramps up the difficulty.  @OptOut can correct me if I'm wrong, and I'm sure he will.  you get upgrades along the way, but if u watch any long play of it, or any gameplay like mine, @ikk can attest to the fact that I have played the same capture the flag stage at 3, 5, 7 captures and its literally the same stage.  I would say maybe 5 of the potential 14 characters but let me play a bit more and see what is up with it.  I'm pretty sure it's just same stages with different number of kills/flag captures.  

Each character has a different number of trials, and different trials to beat, and various options and win conditions etc. change. So, none of the character careers are identical, but yeah, it's a lot of repetitive content.

I finished the whole thing because I found it fun, and I enjoyed the challenge and figuring out various battle strategies, etc. I wouldn't have felt I'd gotten the most out of the game if I HADN'T completed all the trials.

I don't wanna influence any decision on how a game should or shouldn't be completed in the thread here tho, especially as I am largely just a spectator this year. But, I'm just relating my own experience of the game.

Events Helper · Posted
Just now, OptOut said:

Each character has a different number of trials, and different trials to beat, and various options and win conditions etc. change. So, none of the character careers are identical, but yeah, it's a lot of repetitive content.

I finished the whole thing because I found it fun, and I enjoyed the challenge and figuring out various battle strategies, etc. I wouldn't have felt I'd gotten the most out of the game if I HADN'T completed all the trials.

I don't wanna influence any decision on how a game should or shouldn't be completed in the thread here tho, especially as I am largely just a spectator this year. But, I'm just relating my own experience of the game.

I mean that is fair, and I know it's about figuring out the best way to beat each trial with the weapon set and the character, ffs, I thought I was boned with the raptor 🤣, no weapons......but your input IS appreciated and valued.  I just don't wanna sell the end point and find out later I was wrong.  I wonder how many stages in total there actually are as the last character I used had something in the 20 or 30 mission range.  I will play another character and do some more research to see if I am missing anything in particular on levels.  if not, then I think we can figure out a good stopping point imo.  

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

I mean that is fair, and I know it's about figuring out the best way to beat each trial with the weapon set and the character, ffs, I thought I was boned with the raptor 🤣, no weapons......but your input IS appreciated and valued.  I just don't wanna sell the end point and find out later I was wrong.  I wonder how many stages in total there actually are as the last character I used had something in the 20 or 30 mission range.  I will play another character and do some more research to see if I am missing anything in particular on levels.  if not, then I think we can figure out a good stopping point imo.  

They max out at a certain point, you may already have reached the max number of trials per character. It's the first few you only have a couple of trials, and then they get more until at a certain point they all have the same number, like 15 maybe? I can't really remember it's been a long time!

Events Helper · Posted
Just now, OptOut said:

They max out at a certain point, you may already have reached the max number of trials per character. It's the first few you only have a couple of trials, and then they get more until at a certain point they all have the same number, like 15 maybe? I can't really remember it's been a long time!

well, maybe 15 required, but if u are trying to get all the extra lives etc. I know I did a metric shit ton on my last playthrough lol.  maybe it was just my imagination but damn!!!!!

Events Helper · Posted
6 minutes ago, Brickman said:

Seems a bit extreme to have to play the game over and over. It’s not 100% clear the N64 library just beat the game. Just my 2c.

I need to get back into Bomberman I’ve been way too slack.

kinda my thinking, I will verify as much as possible and come up with a list that will hopefully be satisfactory of characters to beat it with to get a full sense of the game.  

• Like 1

Events Helper · Posted

Alright @Splain I beat another dude tonight, that makes 7 of a possible 17 i think is the magic number.  This is what the map looked like for the trials and I got the minigun and freeze gun and a bunch of other minigame unlocks or something to that effect.  

image.png.83b034d3402e7c53e743440e1a4be5a4.png

That is 22 missions beaten with 1 character at just over 90 mins.  At this point, im just gonna 100% the game if I keep going.  I would say maybe a good rule is play till you can't stand it anymore, which was about 5 hours ago in total for the playthrough I have done 🤣.  But in all seriousness, maybe beat the game with the first 4 plus 2 others of your choice?  

I consider this game beaten.  The guy i did prior to this had a whole other section above the top right, which was probably a total of 30 missions altogether.  So.......Mark it off if you would, Im done, if you don't count this, someone else can have a go, its just so repetitive, i prolly killed 10 chickens, aka monkeys, captured 7 flags, pulled all the kills for my team matches, in the neighborhood of 40, and killed so many randos myself in a free for all match it was unreal.  It is kinda growing on me as i unlock things, but really, like I said, at this point, I'm on my path to 100%'ing the game.

• Like 1

Editorials Team · Posted
3 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

But in all seriousness, maybe beat the game with the first 4 plus 2 others of your choice? 

So there are 4 to begin with? And you're saying that anything past 4+2 is repeated/reused content?

I'm really not trying to be a jerk with this, but we have to pick something that's tied to the game itself. Since there's no cut-and-dry ending, we have to do either 100% or something kinda arbitrary, so some possibilities are:

- Finish the trials with 1 character
- Finish the trials with all initial characters
- Do the trials until there's nothing new to see (essentially "finish one loop")
- Do trials until all of a certain thing is unlocked
- Do all the trials

I'm not the pope either, if everyone agrees on something, then we'll use it.

(As a general rule, I understand that 100% isn't generally required, but there are plenty of games on the list whose requirement also happens to be 100%, and we don't deliberately scale it back for the sake of NOT being 100%. I'm not saying this applies to Rage Wars.)

Events Helper · Posted
1 minute ago, Splain said:

So there are 4 to begin with? And you're saying that anything past 4+2 is repeated/reused content?

I'm really not trying to be a jerk with this, but we have to pick something that's tied to the game itself. Since there's no cut-and-dry ending, we have to do either 100% or something kinda arbitrary, so some possibilities are:

- Finish the trials with 1 character
- Finish the trials with all initial characters
- Do the trials until there's nothing new to see (essentially "finish one loop")
- Do trials until all of a certain thing is unlocked
- Do all the trials

I'm not the pope either, if everyone agrees on something, then we'll use it.

(As a general rule, I understand that 100% isn't generally required, but there are plenty of games on the list whose requirement also happens to be 100%, and we don't deliberately scale it back for the sake of NOT being 100%. I'm not saying this applies to Rage Wars.)

Hmmmm........Let me see who it was that took the longest, i'll let you know as i search my vod, one min.

Events Helper · Posted

Initial 4 plus unlock and beat campaigner @Splain  That sounds like a good ruleset.  Let me show you which one and how many missions.

31 missions in total, each has a blue dot on them.

image.png.c624c91ab2e171fc9eed6206b2655a48.png

That to me, seems long enough to call it a completion.  I think he literally has every mission/trial on the board and everything after that just repeats.  In fact, I never seen the upper group until him.  so the picture at the top right and the 7 missions on the top right as well as the 4 directly to his left.

If everyone agrees, I think that right there is probably the completion for the game without unlocking everything in game.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

Initial 4 plus unlock and beat campaigner @Splain  That sounds like a good ruleset.  Let me show you which one and how many missions.

31 missions in total, each has a blue dot on them.

image.png.c624c91ab2e171fc9eed6206b2655a48.png

That to me, seems long enough to call it a completion.  I think he literally has every mission/trial on the board and everything after that just repeats.  In fact, I never seen the upper group until him.  so the picture at the top right and the 7 missions on the top right as well as the 4 directly to his left.

If everyone agrees, I think that right there is probably the completion for the game without unlocking everything in game.

Never played the game but that sounds like a good rule set to me too. After that it just sounds like it’s heading towards 100% the game.

• Agree 1