IGNORED

Beat Every N64 Game - 2023 - 303/303 -- BOOGIE DOWN

Splain

Events Helper · Posted
On 1/24/2023 at 2:03 PM, Splain said:

Sooooooooo there's definitely an ending and a new mode unlocked when you beat it on Normal, but there's a credit roll when you beat it on Extreme or higher. What does everyone think? I lean toward the credit roll.

@PII his OG post about it said beat it on extreme or higher

15 minutes ago, Splain said:

Ok, so I'm totally full of it:

6vRUusE.png

You can see the credits whenever you want. They totally DON'T roll when you finish any mode. Why did I think that? When you beat Expert mode, you unlock Maniacal mode. When you beat that, you get the same ending plus one more screen:

image.png.7d8c4be305a193b8c54e896616adb207.png

If we don't care about that, then I'm fine calling it beaten on just Normal (or any) difficulty.

9 minutes ago, OptOut said:

I mean, I'm not doing it again, if that is what you're asking! 

I'm a busy guy, I ain't jumping through hoops for the MAN. 😤

When I beat it in previous years, just completing it on default difficulty was acceptable, but no one ever went deep diving on it like this either

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jeevan said:
On 1/24/2023 at 1:03 PM, Splain said:

Sooooooooo there's definitely an ending and a new mode unlocked when you beat it on Normal, but there's a credit roll when you beat it on Extreme or higher. What does everyone think? I lean toward the credit roll.

@PII his OG post about it said beat it on extreme or higher

Ahh, my bad.  All is clear.

As long as we're on the topic: When I was playing Wipeout 64, I had thought for a time, that the credit roll showed up under options after some amount of progress, but when I checked, its just always there under options, right from the start.  There are 4 Challenges each originally consisting of 6 stages.  Medal all six and you unlock the 7th in each case.  So there are 28 Gold Medals to earn before the final screen. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

When I beat it in previous years, just completing it on default difficulty was acceptable, but no one ever went deep diving on it like this either

Classic anti-Opt discrimination, right here! Where are MY reparations, huh? Where's MY reverse-reverse racism, eh?

This country is a joke... 😩

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Splain said:

Isn't there some OTHER way for me to not give @OptOutany points?

Fine 😒 I'll log it. I'm nearing the home stretch in Big Mountain 2000, then I'll start on uhhhh, probably Hot Wheels.

I was wondering when you was going to beat your Big Mountain 2000. All this sabotaging Optout has clearly been slowing you down...

• Agree 2

11 minutes ago, ikk said:

Tonic Trouble is done:
spacer.png

My least favorite N64 platformer so far.
The game has a wacky story and fun characters, but the gameplay is just boring with a ton of backtracking and mandatory collectables.

I'll probably start Earthworm Jim 3D this weekend.

I tried Earthworm Jim a couple years back - enjoyed the gameplay, but it became repetitive quicker than I had hoped. Please post your thoughts once you play it!

• Agree 1

• The title was changed to Beat Every N64 Game - 2023 - 122/303
Events Helper · Posted

That's like 40% of the library done!  I need to get on to some boring sports games to play them for the rankings anyway, but I will try to run through starcraft the next few weeks and toss one in every now and again.  I am almost done with protoss campaign on brood war.

1 minute ago, Nugfish said:

That youtube better not be lying to me 🤯

I have the x7 and tried the Taz game we were talking about the other week with Jeevan. It had issues but someone mentioned it was probably just the rom causing the issue. I was able to boot the game but it had some lag and the sound wouldn't play.

Setup: PAL Sony Trinitron that can also output in NTSC 60Hz, Japanese N64, Everdrive x7.

Never had any issue with any of the US NTSC games on the Everdrive though and the Japanese games I own physical copies.