IGNORED

Beat Every N64 Game - 2023 - 303/303 -- BOOGIE DOWN

Splain

• The title was changed to Beat Every N64 Game - 2023 - 97/303
Editorials Team · Posted

All-Star Tennis 99. When people complain that the N64 hasn't aged well graphically, they're talking about this game right here. I don't remember struggling with this game last year, but this time it felt like the only 2 options when placing a shot were "directly at your opponent" or "half a court-width out of bounds."

M8dI8uB.png

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, Splain said:

All-Star Tennis 99. When people complain that the N64 hasn't aged well graphically, they're talking about this game right here. I don't remember struggling with this game last year, but this time it felt like the only 2 options when placing a shot were "directly at your opponent" or "half a court-width out of bounds."

M8dI8uB.png

Kazaa to you on this one. The couple times I have tried it have resulted in mass frustration...

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Beat Every N64 Game - 2023 - 100/303
Events Helper · Posted
18 minutes ago, Nugfish said:

That was my first time playing Wetrix. It was good for 30 mins, but it's certainly no Dr Mario...

you take that back you dirty, dirty @Nugfish.  I like it though 😆.  I can't play for hours upon hours, but it's fun in spurts and good once you get the hang of it.  I was gonna do it the other day, but got busy.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

i meant that dr. mario is better 😆.  You can beat any game you want besides what is "soft dibbed" 😉  Also, are you good at the wwf/ecw games?

Haha, Dr Mario 64 is probably in my top 5 games of all time.

I had Wrestlemania 2000 as a kid and wanted to beat it this year....so...I put maybe 6 hours in a couple weeks ago and not liking it. The 3-way and tag team matches were a pain and all I want is a health bar!

Events Helper · Posted
6 minutes ago, Nugfish said:

I had Wrestlemania 2000 as a kid and wanted to beat it this year....so...I put maybe 6 hours in a couple weeks ago and not liking it. The 3-way and tag team matches were a pain and all I want is a health bar!

yikes, also, wwf games suck, i hope someone can beat them, i bought a guide for one, so maybe it will help me and figure out the wwf games.....

F-Zero X is done on both Novice and Standard difficulty with Captain Falcon. This is the first time I've played it, so I ran through the cups on Novice first before taking on Standard.

I can see how the higher difficulties could get very, very precise. I assume that and the X cup is where this game gets its reputation from. On Standard it's challenging, but not unreasonable.

SweUjFbm.jpg

Also, I love this game. It's probably in my top 10 N64 games now. I'll probably come back to it to see if I can beat some tracks on harder difficulties.

• Like 8

31 minutes ago, Philosoraptor said:

I can see how the higher difficulties could get very, very precise. I assume that and the X cup is where this game gets its reputation from. On Standard it's challenging, but not unreasonable.

Actually, the X cup is essentially a bonus mode containing entirely randomly generated courses, so every time you play it you get a different set of courses to play. It doesn't give you any trophies for beating it or anything, it's just for fun.

The REAL challenge of F-Zero X is the Master difficulty, which you unlock for beating all the regular cups on Expert mode. It is as hard as balls.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Nugfish said:

You bastard! That’s the one game Ive beaten for this challenge every year since it started! /s

I’ll lend my experience to this game since it’s probably the only N64 game I can claim to be an expert in.

First the stamina bar is a health bar.

Second  there is a key to multi-man matches. 

In 3 ways and the Royal Rumble: Run from the other wrestlers. Just stay at the opposite side of the ring and target whoever has higher stamina (Edit: forgot to say use Taunts on the targeted opponent) Switch targets when the first person you target drops low enough. Let the opponents wear each other out while you wait on the sideline and build to your special. Then once you get to your special your opponents should be down in the green or blue on their bar.

(3-way) Hit them both with a special if you picked a wrestler with a fast enough special. Pin the first one you hit, after taking down the second. This keeps the second opponent down long enough to not interrupt the pin on the first.

(Royal Rumble); Hit anyone and everyone with a special. Then back off to a corner away from everyone and rinse and repeat. Let the opponents do the dirty work of throwing each other out. It is definitely a slog of a match 

Tag Team Matches: Wear down your opponent like any 1v1 match and do your best to keep the opponent from tagging. It’s not required but it just takes longer if they do. Once your ready to make a pin, lay out your opponent, turn to target their partner, throw a strong punch to knock them off the side of the ring, then go to pin. This will always prevent the the opposing tag partner from interrupting the pin. 

Alternatively, before you plan on a pin, put a submission on to force both partners to come into the ring. Then hit your finisher on your active opponent and wait a second or to for your partner to tie up the opposing partner then make the pin.

To your other comment about getting countered a lot. That means your trying to make strong moves to early. It takes a good 2-3mins of light strikes and grapple moves at the beginning of any match before you start making strong moves. If the opponent is still getting up immediately after being dropped, don’t bother trying a strong move. Sometimes RNG will still screw you but you can also quit the match and retry at any time if it gets ridiculous. 

Edited by LeatherRebel5150
  • Like 3