IGNORED

Beat Every N64 Game - 2023 - 303/303 -- BOOGIE DOWN

Splain

1 minute ago, Jeevan said:

someone needs to figure out if they can do the PAL games or not.  

**apparently vodka makes you hit some button combo. to close out your chrome window**

We can't let this hold us back, so someone get on it asap, if that means i paypal @Brickman the money to buy the cart, so be it 😆

Project64 should be able to play them. If that can't play them then I say drop them because that would suck to have that and OptOut's HJ ransom hold us back 😅

Events Helper · Posted
1 minute ago, Brickman said:

Project64 should be able to play them. If that can't play them then I say drop them because that would suck to have that and OptOut's HJ ransom hold us back 😅

i refuse to emulate N64.  If there was a good way to put a controller and whatnot to it then i would, but i just don't have a usb controller and all that shit, so i say drop them......just my opinion to add them as bonus games 😉 

1 minute ago, Brickman said:

Look. All I'm saying is... all ANYONE is saying is, what's in it for @OptOut?

We all want what's best for me here, after all, that's what's most important. Where does good ol' @OptOut whet his beak, eh?

Events Helper · Posted
1 minute ago, OptOut said:

We all want what's best for me here, after all, that's what's most important. Where does good ol' @OptOut whet his beak, eh?

you turned me onto this shit, so how bout the satisfaction of jeeves and the rest getting a completion?  🥺

🤣

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

i refuse to emulate N64.  If there was a good way to put a controller and whatnot to it then i would, but i just don't have a usb controller and all that shit, so i say drop them......just my opinion to add them as bonus games 😉 

Yeah I hate Project64 so I probably won't even play any of them either haha. It's more the principal of it but I won't die on a hill fighting for them to be included.

2 minutes ago, OptOut said:

You get a fancy little icon if we complete all the N64 games in one year. If you're in the top 3 I think you get an even cooler icon.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Brickman said:

Can confirm that Taz is weird on the everdrive. The sound doesn't work, some of the graphics are weird and it feels like it is lagging. It does play on my TV though. I think it is the Everdrive or maybe the ROM like bronzeshield mentioned.

The ROM that works on NTSC is a finished but unreleased NTSC version, as I recall. If I'm not mistaken, the sound issue is that you have to turn the sound off, then on again in the menu to get it to work, or something like that.

And to be clear, there are definitely working ROMs for all 7 PAL games that get them to run on NTSC. The EverDrive forums should have file names, or MD5s, or the equivalent. This problem has been solved for almost a decade -- the EverDrive users would never let themselves get locked out of the Liechtenstein-like PAL kingdom! 😁

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, bronzeshield said:

The ROM that works on NTSC is a finished but unreleased NTSC version, as I recall. If I'm not mistaken, the sound issue is that you have to turn the sound off, then on again in the menu to get it to work, or something like that.

And to be clear, there are definitely working ROMs for all 7 PAL games that get them to run on NTSC. The EverDrive forums should have file names, or MD5s, or the equivalent. This problem has been solved for almost a decade -- the EverDrive users would never let themselves get locked out of the Liechtenstein-like PAL kingdom! 😁

Well there are only 3 TRUE PAL exclusives on N64 anyway:

F1 World Grand Prix 2, Taz Express, and Premier Manager 64.

Center Court Tennis, Rakuga Kids and Air Boarder have Japanese NTSC counterparts, and F1 Racing Championship is on NTSC U format in Brazil.

I'd use those versions on NTSC before butchering the PAL ports to try and fit them on a US machine!

2 hours ago, OptOut said:

Center Court Tennis, Rakuga Kids and Air Boarder have Japanese NTSC counterparts, and F1 Racing Championship is on NTSC U format in Brazil.

I'd use those versions on NTSC before butchering the PAL ports to try and fit them on a US machine!

Fortunately Centre Court Tennis runs fine (as a ROM; the PAL cart itself won't work because of region lockout). No issues at all with that on an EverDrive 64 and a NTSC-U system, and the speed doesn't feel "off" either.

I do own an original cart of Let's Smash, but it's a drag navigating all the menus in Japanese.

If the Japanese carts of Rakuga Kids and Air Boarder have fewer menus (or are in English) then yeah, definitely, I'd go for those. It'd be nice if someone could confirm that there's no meaningful difference in gameplay or difficulty.

By the way, someone really needs to inspect the Centre Court Tennis ROM and see if there's any way to trigger a proper ending, or if there are any graphics pointing to one.

All I've been able to get is the trophy ceremony for each individual tournament. I hope you don't need to earn every unlockable item of clothing to get credits...

Edited by bronzeshield
  • Like 2

• The title was changed to Beat Every N64 Game - 2023 - 95/303
Editorials Team · Posted
13 hours ago, Jeevan said:

@Splain, what is the story for adding them???

They were on the list since before I took over the thread on NA. There are recorded completions back in 2015 for some of them.

@bronzeshield I can look into Centre Court Tennis, maybe I'll find something you haven't found yet, though I doubt it lol. I'll pray to Odin that you don't have to collect all the clothing. Because yikes.

• Like 1

Events Helper · Posted
26 minutes ago, Splain said:

They were on the list since before I took over the thread on NA. There are recorded completions back in 2015 for some of them.

@bronzeshield I can look into Centre Court Tennis, maybe I'll find something you haven't found yet, though I doubt it lol. I'll pray to Odin that you don't have to collect all the clothing. Because yikes.

was that back when @OptOut cared about us????

• Sad 1