IGNORED

Beat Every N64 Game - 2023 - 303/303 -- BOOGIE DOWN

Splain

On 1/26/2023 at 10:18 PM, Nugfish said:

I tried Earthworm Jim a couple years back - enjoyed the gameplay, but it became repetitive quicker than I had hoped. Please post your thoughts once you play it!

This game has a terrible camera, but I was still having fun with it. The levels are fine and I enjoy the game's sense of humor. But then I got to the first boss fight... This game has the worst boss fights I've ever encountered.

You have to collect 100 marbles riding a barely controllable pig and the boss is also collecting them, so in order to get all marbles you need to pick up a bullet to shoot him so he drops his marbles. Of course the boss is also shooting you to get your marbles. So this takes a long time.

As if this first boss fight wasn't bad enough the 2nd boss fight is the same, except this boss can teleport... And yes, of course he can teleport in front of you to pick up a bullet and instantly shoot you. 🤬

I finally beat the 2nd boss after a bunch of tries, but I'll be slowly making my way through this game.

• Wow! 3
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, ikk said:

This game has a terrible camera, but I was still having fun with it. The levels are fine and I enjoy the game's sense of humor. But then I got to the first boss fight... This game has the worst boss fights I've ever encountered.

You have to collect 100 marbles riding a barely controllable pig and the boss is also collecting them, so in order to get all marbles you need to pick up a bullet to shoot him so he drops his marbles. Of course the boss is also shooting you to get your marbles. So this takes a long time.

As if this first boss fight wasn't bad enough the 2nd boss fight is the same, except this boss can teleport... And yes, of course he can teleport in front of you to pick up a bullet and instantly shoot you. 🤬

I finally beat the 2nd boss after a bunch of tries, but I'll be slowly making my way through this game.

Yikes. I remember the bosses being similar and the camera angles sucking, but not how you have to beat the bosses nor the difficulty to do so. That really blows. Stay strong!

Events Helper · Posted
1 hour ago, ikk said:

You Can Do It Cat GIF by Chibird

Editorials Team · Posted

Hot Wheels. I'm bummed that this screen looks just like finishing any other cup. I promise I beat all the cups. These races though, are EZPZ except for the very last one. First try, first try, first try, etc, then that last race legitimately took hours of trying and dozens of attempts. It unlocks a bunch of cool hot wheels though.

ORpFfpL.png

• Like 7

• The title was changed to Beat Every N64 Game - 2023 - 129/303
10 hours ago, ikk said:

Pork Boarding FTW!! It's an acquired taste lol.

• Haha 1

Sorry y'all. I just finished up beating Pokemon Crystal earlier tonight and preparing a bunch of Pokemon in hopes of starting up Pokemon Stadium 2 again with some Pokemon I raised, but because my clock doesn't work in my Crystal cartridge, Pokemon Stadium 2 either corrupts my save or doesn't read my cartridge. Thankfully I played on the Retron 5, so I just copied my save back to the cart, but still. I even tried starting new games on my Gold and Silver carts, but they have the same problem. Same with my GF's carts. I tried 5 different carts to see if they'd hold a save AND be recognized by Pokemon Stadium 2, but no dice. I could delete some moves and send some of my prepared Pokemon back to a working Red or Blue, but my batteries died on those a while back.

Sad, too. I beat Red and his all 70+ level team with a level 66 Alakazam, a 54 Jolteon, and a 54 Arcanine, so they were good 'mons. I had also prepared a level 5 Snorlax and a level 5 Shuckle for the baby cup. Thankfully, I tried it now instead of 15 hours from now when I had high level Pokemon for the 1-100 cup.

Long story short, no Pokemon Stadium 2 playthrough for me this year.

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, ikk said:

Dang, 129 games in the first month 😮

Does it always start off this fast?

Nope.

• Feb 2 The title was changed to Beat Every N64 Game - 2022 - 87/303
  • 1 yr (February 1st) The title was changed to Beat every N64 game - 2021 - 58/303
  • 2 yr (February 2nd) The title was changed to Beat Every N64 Game - 2020 - 49/303

Note, though, that despite 2022's faster start, it ended up way behind 2021 by the end.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, MagusSmurf said:

Nope.

• 1 yr (February 1st) The title was changed to Beat every N64 game - 2021 - 58/303
  • 2 yr (February 2nd) The title was changed to Beat Every N64 Game - 2020 - 49/303

Note, though, that despite 2022's faster start, it ended up way behind 2021 by the end.

The summer months usually halt to a huge lull...hoping that doesn't happen this year. the top 3 producers last year beat 33, 28 & 20 games for the entire year. We should be able to do it this year!

• Agree 2

Events Helper · Posted
1 hour ago, MagusSmurf said:

Nope.

1 hour ago, Nugfish said:

The summer months usually halt to a huge lull...hoping that doesn't happen this year. the top 3 producers last year beat 33, 28 & 20 games for the entire year. We should be able to do it this year!

2 hours ago, ikk said:

Dang, 129 games in the first month 😮

Does it always start off this fast?

I got a 4 day weekend, imma try to finish starcraft, good luck, and the wcw games along with hopefully starting forsaken.

I plan on keeping u all pushed in the right direction lol

Edited by Jeevan
  • Thanks 2