IGNORED

Beat Every N64 Game - 2023 - 303/303 -- BOOGIE DOWN

Splain

13 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

dudes!  starcraft is kicking my ass, spent a whole 2.5 hours on the last mission i played 😒

After this, whoever gets it next year is a sucker!

This will be the only year we finish all the N64 games. There’s little chance of anyone else been crazy enough to try and finish that game especially because it’s only worth like 4 points😂

Events Helper · Posted
Just now, Nugfish said:

@Jeevan the problem is even if you did it next year for 25 points, your heart wouldnt be in it...and thats just not what we're about here...

image.png.e96c71b25497d5dc43e7af4fbb9276ee.png

I mean, this game is breaking my spirit this year 😆.  Let's just say i could see myself selling this cart and not looking back 🤣

• Haha 1

Events Helper · Posted
Just now, Brickman said:

This will be the only year we finish all the N64 games. There’s little chance of anyone else been crazy enough to try and finish that game especially because it’s only worth like 4 points😂

half point every year.......so like 2040 it will be worth it, also......does it go back to 1 if we beat them all????  Like do all the points reset?

• The title was changed to Beat Every N64 Game - 2023 - 143/303
8 hours ago, Brickman said:

8 hours ago, Jeevan said:

half point every year.......so like 2040 it will be worth it, also......does it go back to 1 if we beat them all????  Like do all the points reset?

It was actually done one year. But I don’t know if the point system was implemented yet or if it was even on here. Might have been the last year full year of NA’s existence that it was finished. Im pretty sure @Splainwas in charge of it then and I wanna say @Nugfishdid most of the work that year

• Like 1

Events Helper · Posted
28 minutes ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

It was actually done one year. But I don’t know if the point system was implemented yet or if it was even on here. Might have been the last year full year of NA’s existence that it was finished. Im pretty sure @Splainwas in charge of it then and I wanna say @Nugfishdid most of the work that year

ya, hopefully we can get it all knocked out this year and at least say VGS did it 😀

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Editorials Team · Posted
45 minutes ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

2018. Point system was the same as it is now. There was a guy named MeridianPrime who was beating every N64 game for his own thing (sounds familiar 😉) so he knocked out a bunch of games that don't usually get beaten, and more games total than any other person. We asked him which ones he was going to play that year, and we operated off the remaining list. He didn't participate on NA in any other way really, so it would be really great if we could do it this year.

His thing was to play every game and record/time it, then work on improving his overall time by beating individual games faster. He didn't end up doing too much revisiting after beating them all, but there are twitch recordings of every game he beat. I have the link somewhere if anyone wants it.

Problem is, he definitely only played through one campaign for Starcraft, so I'll need to dig through the archives to see if he was the one who took Starcraft in 2018. There were other games too, where he didn't do very much digging, just wanted to declare the game beaten, and absolutely quit too early. Viewers couldn't convince him once his mind was made up. I didn't notice it until 2018 was over, but it left a bad taste. We need to do it this year!

(Make no mistake: he was a good guy, and I'm glad he came aboard and helped us. He re-beat a couple he had already done just so they could be in 2018 for us. Beating the N64 library that year was a huge deal and it was a ton of fun cheering people on with the last few games, then pages and pages of celebration. So I'm glad he was there.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

I was more of a collector than a gamer in those years. I maybe beat a couple games for the NES/N64 threads, but not many. I decided to sell off alot of my collection and focus on actually playing the games I had once the NA dumpsterfire went down. I was zfleming54 on NA

Events Helper · Posted
4 hours ago, Splain said:

2018. Point system was the same as it is now. There was a guy named MeridianPrime who was beating every N64 game for his own thing (sounds familiar 😉) so he knocked out a bunch of games that don't usually get beaten, and more games total than any other person. We asked him which ones he was going to play that year, and we operated off the remaining list. He didn't participate on NA in any other way really, so it would be really great if we could do it this year.

His thing was to play every game and record/time it, then work on improving his overall time by beating individual games faster. He didn't end up doing too much revisiting after beating them all, but there are twitch recordings of every game he beat. I have the link somewhere if anyone wants it.

Problem is, he definitely only played through one campaign for Starcraft, so I'll need to dig through the archives to see if he was the one who took Starcraft in 2018. There were other games too, where he didn't do very much digging, just wanted to declare the game beaten, and absolutely quit too early. Viewers couldn't convince him once his mind was made up. I didn't notice it until 2018 was over, but it left a bad taste. We need to do it this year!

(Make no mistake: he was a good guy, and I'm glad he came aboard and helped us. He re-beat a couple he had already done just so they could be in 2018 for us. Beating the N64 library that year was a huge deal and it was a ton of fun cheering people on with the last few games, then pages and pages of celebration. So I'm glad he was there.)

so.....if this were a baseball stat it would have * next to it?  

Edited by Jeevan

4 hours ago, Nugfish said:

I was more of a collector than a gamer in those years. I maybe beat a couple games for the NES/N64 threads, but not many. I decided to sell off alot of my collection and focus on actually playing the games I had once the NA dumpsterfire went down. I was zfleming54 on NA

My bad, was confusing you for someone else. For whatever reason your username sticks out in my mind when I think of this thread

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

My bad, was confusing you for someone else. For whatever reason your username sticks out in my mind when I think of this thread

Ya, It's probably just from VGS. I have tried to be a larger contributor in all but one of the years when I overextended myself professionally.

Events Helper · Posted

Do we want to do the points like the nes crew is, aren't they basing that off of time sink and difficulty?  @Splain

That way u don't have to update every year and it can just be a set number of points for the games.  Starcraft has to be near the top in length and difficulty.

Editorials Team · Posted

I've been half-wanting to do that for a while. Those points are based off of the order the games are historically completed, since they've cleared all the games many times now. So any game that gets knocked out right away, year after year, will have a low point value, even if it's a long game. So it does adjust slightly year after year It's a nice results-driven way to decide point values. I believe the SNES thread did it like that too, back in the day.

If we want to copy the NES thread, each game is worth 1 thru 10 points, and there are equal numbers in each tier. So for us it'll look like ~30 games for each point value. Games that rarely get beaten (Hey You Pikachu, Forsaken, etc) will be 10-pointers and games that always get done quickly (Smash, Dr. Mario, etc) will be 1-pointers. We can mess with the details if we want to.

I can get to work on a point system like that, and see what the adjusted leaderboard looks like so far. I'd need to gather data on what order the games were completed for the last 5ish years, so I'd need some time to do that.

• Like 1